Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chairboy1)
    quite a few tbh, drink can change your behaviour alot lol :P, and did they actually kick the door down?? no, stop using hyperbole, minimal damage still isn't good, but don't over react ffs. If it continues after freshers week(s) and is continual then it'd be more serious, but atm its just a group of over excited lads taking advantage of their first few days real independance
    I don't agree, there's a difference between general drunken behaviour and threatening behaviour, which is what kicking someone's door as if trying to get in amounts to. It being Fresher's week is no excuse for bad behaviour. At the end of the day, the OP is a girl, and the kickers were boys, and I know I would be intimidated if a group of boys were doing what I thought was threatening.

ReputationRep:
    the term sheltered childhood comes to mind lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chairboy1)
    the term sheltered childhood comes to mind lol
    Right, and the fact that you know nothing about me clearly shows.

I know enough to know what is, and what isn't, decent behaviour.
    Being a bloke isn't an excuse.

ReputationRep:
    No, the term 'expecting reasonable behaviour from peers' comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    No, the term 'expecting reasonable behaviour from peers' comes to mind.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    What society would come to if this behaviour was acceptable...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim08)
    What society would come to if this behaviour was acceptable...
    Pretty much the way this country is going right now...

ReputationRep:
    Just to share something. I find it very hard to get scared from things. (aside phobias :p: ) I don't what it is but I just don't get scared from the crap people do. For example on my first day of secondary school somebody pointed a gun at my head.... I just walked away. :p: The guy just got bored and left.
    And another time I was nearly ran over my some pratty boys who couldn't drive, many people came to help me but I wasn't shaking up or trembling or anything. I was angry and if I was knocked over I would of probably got back off the ground and strangled them. But anyway, afterwards I just went along my business like nothing happened.
    Funny I find it hard to engage in a conversation with somebody and I'm even worse in groups. But when it comes to criminal behaviour I just don't care, I don't know if its courage or just the way life has shaped me. Most of my "acquaintances" when I was growing up were mostly all criminals; thieves, prostitutes, junkies, burglers, drug dealers, stalkers, women beaters, gangsters and murderers etc. I guess being surrounded by the cesspit of humanity has made me hardened to certain things and unfortunately, an untrustworthy outlook towards other human beings.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think people are too pessimistic regards crime in this country, and exagerrate its frequency. I've been out and about in Canterbury every night for the past few nights, while I've also travelled through places like Reading and Redhill in the dark before. Wherever I've found myself I've felt quite safe. I may have come across exuberant drunks, or vocal ruffians, but I've never truly felt scared or in serious danger while out on the streets. Other people may have had less favourable experiences, however.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with you, I lived in Salford for 4 years, never saw/heard/in any way experienced crime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death_To_The_Government)
    Just to share something. I find it very hard to get scared from things. (aside phobias :p: ) I don't what it is but I just don't get scared from the crap people do. For example on my first day of secondary school somebody pointed a gun at my head.... I just walked away. :p: The guy just got bored and left.
    And another time I was nearly ran over my some pratty boys who couldn't drive, many people came to help me but I wasn't shaking up or trembling or anything. I was angry and if I was knocked over I would of probably got back off the ground and strangled them. But anyway, afterwards I just went along my business like nothing happened.
    Funny I find it hard to engage in a conversation with somebody and I'm even worse in groups. But when it comes to criminal behaviour I just don't care, I don't know if its courage or just the way life has shaped me. Most of my "acquaintances" when I was growing up were mostly all criminals; thieves, prostitutes, junkies, burglers, drug dealers, stalkers, women beaters, gangsters and murderers etc. I guess being surrounded by the cesspit of humanity has made me hardened to certain things and unfortunately, an untrustworthy outlook towards other human beings.
    If you ever want some more respectable company, I can be your friend . I think I am the most well-meaning, sweet-natured, gentle and affectionate person, or at least boy, there is (sorry to blow my own trumpet :blush:); though occasionally, when I don't feel loved or am in a bad mood, my behaviour can be the exact opposite of this. It'd only last for a short while though, and I'd never get violent or anything, I just mean to say that I have my moments, but can be tamed by a hug or some love. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KentWill)
    If you ever want some more respectable company, I can be your friend . I think I am the most well-meaning, sweet-natured, gentle and affectionate person, or at least boy, there is (sorry to blow my own trumpet :blush:); though occasionally, when I don't feel loved or am in a bad mood, my behaviour can be the exact opposite of this. It'd only last for a short while though, and I'd never get violent or anything, I just mean to say that I have my moments, but can be tamed by a hug or some love. :yep:
    *is suspcious of the parts in bold* I'm watching you. :ninjagirl: Apart from that I would like to be friends.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I grew up in one of the worst areas of Glasgow.
    Loads of bad stuff happened there, knew quite a number of people who got murdered.
    I believe it often wins the "Murder Capital of Europe" award.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death_To_The_Government)
    *is suspcious of the parts in bold* I'm watching you. :ninjagirl: Apart from that I would like to be friends.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I grew up in one of the worst areas of Glasgow.
    Loads of bad stuff happened there, knew quite a number of people who got murdered.
    I believe it often wins the "Murder Capital of Europe" award.

Can't have been fun. I grew up in York, I can't imagine another city as devoid of crime as this one... I can't really imagine what it must have been like to grow up in a place like that.

Always nice to have friends, count me in :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Can't have been fun. I grew up in York, I can't imagine another city as devoid of crime as this one... I can't really imagine what it must have been like to grow up in a place like that.:
    definitley, i'm from york, i grew up in allegedly 2 of the roughest parts (tang hall and acomb) and in 19 years all i've ever been threatened with are strong words. I went to school (arches) with quite a few "chavs", and i had the occasional "get a f*****g haircut ya f*****g hippie". Once i got to college, even the "chavs" there had grown up. The crime, and general atmosphere, is what put me off glasgow, i remember in the rather upscale shopping centre, i was stopped by a security guard going into a toilet, because i had my bag with me, which i had to leave with him, and in the toilets were blacklights (to stop people injecting drugs if you didn't know). In clubs I can understand, but a shopping centre? I'd never seen that before, and the rest of the city was pretty much the same.

But my dad worked in ashford for a few years, and he said hes never heard of so much as a mugging in canterbury, and so far i can see why, lovely town

Anyway, that was a long rant

ReputationRep:
    call "3333".......ITS CAMPUS WATCH AT YOUR SERVICE! MUAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob6k)
    But my dad worked in ashford for a few years, and he said hes never heard of so much as a mugging in canterbury, and so far i can see why, lovely town
    I know you're long gone but it's not quite that crime free, wasn't there a pretty serious thing last september on campus?

I once saw a group of guys get chased out of the Kashmir Tandoori by 4/5 other guys with mops & brooms, it was hilarious.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.