(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    And lolchairs, and roflcopters, and any other internet meme :p:

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i can see now why nobody comes to this thread! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Wat did all cam applicants get in the first two sections of the bmat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)

:laugh:
    MY EYES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keb)
    Wat did all cam applicants get in the first two sections of the bmat?
    we are a paranoid bunch and hence we choose not to disclose our bmat results in fear of being tracked by the uni :laugh:

however if you look at our past posts you may be able to find them :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Lol I am sure no one is going to get tracked. Forums are made for people to discuss such things. No admissions tutor is free enough to hunt and reject people on forums for discussing their bmat results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keb)
    Lol I am sure no one is going to get tracked. Forums are made for people to discuss such things. No admissions tutor is free enough to hunt and reject people on forums for discussing their bmat results.
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keb)
    you make a valid point.

S1: 5.9
    S2: 4.4 (OUCH!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    you make a valid point.

S1: 5.9
    S2: 4.4 (OUCH!)
    Plus, they already know your BMAT results. :laugh:

YAY, I beat you in S2. :P

ReputationRep:
    11 days until D-Day. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    :ninja:
    out with it TP, we all want to know your section scores. and by "all" i mean "me"

@Baki, maybe so, but S2 is a poor indicator of one's scientific ability :p:

ReputationRep:
    out with it TP, we all want to know your section scores. and by "all" i mean "me"

@Baki, maybe so, but S2 is a poor indicator of one's scientific ability :p:
    It's a shame for both of us Cambridge think otherwise :cry:. It's so true though... Hopefully they take BMAT along with everything else to make a decision, and don't deselect based on it.

:puppyeyes:

If I get an offer, I'll tell you my scores :p: Otherwise the secret goes with me to the grave :p:

ReputationRep:
    You guys know mine. But I thought cambridge think section two is the best part of bmat and the best predictor of success at cam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keb)
    You guys know mine. But I thought cambridge think section two is the best part of bmat and the best predictor of success at cam.
    Well, I don't think it is personally, though statistics would prove me wrong.

Unless your S2 is ridiculously high or ridiculously low, I don' think it really shows much.

I did the sciency question for S3, so hopefully that one will count in my favour slightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keb)
    some colleges worship the bmat (caius and emma) because statistically those who score higher in S1 and S2 are more likely to achieve firsts.
    which is why i'm f*****d.

ReputationRep:
    some colleges worship the bmat (caius and emma) because statistically those who score higher in S1 and S2 are more likely to achieve firsts.
    which is why i'm f*****d.
    Yea but St Johns isn't Caius or Emma :p:

ReputationRep:
    No your in a solid position your UMS scores are great. How do other colleges look at secs 1 and 2 such as johns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keb)
    No your in a solid position your UMS scores are great. How do other colleges look at secs 1 and 2 such as johns.
    The thing is... you can't tell which criterion Cambridge puts more weight on.

I know they take into consideration everything, e.g. GCSEs, AS UMS, reference, PS, interview performance, BMAT scores, BMAT essay... etc...

But in what order of importance? :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 18, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.