The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Milch
I'm always single :frown:

:hugs: Have a Cokezone code (check your PM). :smile:
Ellen120
I'm almost 18, i turn it next month and I've never had a boyfriend. Guys don't seem to see me as more than a friend!

I'm not your typical girly girl who obsesses over nails and hair, but i'm not a total tomboy either, and i'm not that bad looking.

Still, feels a bit weird that i've never had those early teen years with the excitement of sneaking out to see the boyfriend. Lol! Okay, I know not many people do that, but they have fantasties :wink:

You just wrote out my life story
*sigh*
I've never even heard of anyone fancying me :bawling:
just gets me down really badly sometimes
and worries me that i might slowly develop into a desperate slag because i was deprived so much
Reply 62
I've always been single :frown:

Guys seems to prefer my friends over me, and being 21 and still single. I am quite sick of it. Especially when right now all THREE of my housemates have their boyfriends over, talk about being a third wheel!!
Reply 63
I'd mash.
If I could work out how to get all you single people, bemoaning your predicaments, into relationships, I'd be a very rich man. It wouldn't work though because there is no secret to getting a girlfriend or a boyfriend. It's folly to think that no one in the world is attracted to you, there is someone out there for everyone. Now that we have established that, all you need to do is find them.

The more you put yourself out there, the more people you meet hence the probability of you meeting someone, increasing. The next time you get invited somewhere, don't make excuses, go. Go gigs, go pubs, join clubs, societies, join a sports team, do voluntary work, get a part time job. Talk to the bloke or girl at the bus stop or in the supermarket. The opportunity is all around you. If you really want it bad enough, go out there and get it. If you're not prepared to do that, quit bitching.
lostintime
but whats annoying is every christmas someone in my family says something like 'wheres your bf today then' and every year I reply 'I don't have one' the they will say 'why not?'

replace bf with gf and you've described every time I go home.
It started off with my nana saying "so, have you found a pretty girl yet?".
That was OK, I just brushed it off - but it's sort of spread to my whole family.

My sister got to the point where she either thought I was hiding girls from my family or that I was gay. They just can't accept the fact that I haven't found anyone yet.
RoosterUK
Don't let it bother you. For me being single is good... too good though really.

Ditto
Try to dress nicer.
Reply 68
(-1)^(1/2)
Try to dress nicer.

I don't get why people say this because it doesn't change a girls body in any way, she still has as good as or as bad a body as she would if she dressed like a tramp. Its as though guys can't see past clothing. Its like at christmas its the present that matters not the wrapping paper which just gets ripped off anyway:p:
goodLife
I don't get why people say this because it doesn't change a girls body in any way, she still has as good as or as bad a body as she would if she dressed like a tramp. Its as though guys can't see past clothing. Its like at christmas its the present that matters not the wrapping paper which just gets ripped off anyway:p:

It isn't something I would advise personally as I don't think it's the answer to all problems and I'm hardly Gok Wan or whatever he's called but when you see makeover shows on television, it can make a hell of a difference.
We should make a society for this.

I'm a girl, 19, never been on a date, never kissed, and obviously never had sex :P Although I have had guys showing interest okay... one just last week actually :smile: There was also a boy from secondary school who, on several occasions, told me he loved me. But as I didn't personally find myself attracted to any of them, I've turned them all down. There are moments when I'm lonely and see all my friends with their boyfriends that I question whether I made the right decisions... but most of the time, I'm still adament that it's the right choice and the right person will come along to make my wait worth it :smile:

That said, I do wish I could be more forthright in my approach. I'm terribly shy with guys that I like... and as a result, nothing ever happens. I'm far too contented with admiring from afar :frown: It's not that I'm anti-social or unwelcoming... it's just I can't seem to make myself take the first step :frown:
Anonymous
We should make a society for this.

There is one, it's called the 'I'm wonderful and single society'
I find it more annoying when people always have a partner, and change every 2 minutes.
Reply 73
pull pull pull pull
I've been single all my life, never done the nookie (nada - none of it) and I'm not too fussed about it to be honest. Sometimes it does irritate me, but then I realise there are other things to do in the world than cling to my partner all the time and regurgitate the "Romeo & Juliet" lines while gazing into her eyes*. I can understand all the singletons out there, and it does feel rough, but I guess I've always known that I'm not alone at all. :smile:

*No, that is not my idea of romance. That is my idea of hell.
Reply 75
I'm always single. I've just got to the stage of beyond caring. I get the "wheres your gf" stuff from the family though, alot! Annoying, but you just have t'live with it.
Ghetto_Princess12
So I'm 19 and I've been single all my life, and most of my friends have had relationships and now getting married but really that doesn't affect me at all, :o: it can be tough from time to time especially if everyone else seems to be pairing off. Its' all about being patient. There's nothing wrong with waiting for the right person, in the end you might spend the rest of the life with them so It wont hurt being single for a while, just think about all the benefits of being single :smile:

You know what, I didn't have my first bf till I was 17 (didn't last very long!)... Before that one of my best male friends declared his 'love' of 4 years for me. Several guys have since...

I stayed single through choice for a long time and enjoyed it. I didn't see the point in being with someone just for the sake of it regardless of how they may have felt about me...

I was waiting for my mister right and soulmate, as cheesy as that sounds. And when I least expected it he found me and flipped my world. The wait was worth it and I wouldn't have it any other way, I also would have waited a lot longer for him because nothing compares to this. :love:

/cheesyness :biggrin:
Reply 77
Have any of you women actually initiated/asked out a man yourselves? I very much get the idea that you all just stand around passively waiting for someone. 21st century, you want a boyfriend - get one.
Reply 78
Anonymous
In your profile you look kinda like a tom boy, your hair doesn't look very feminine etc, guys like girly girls or slappers that reveal all and are an easy lay.

That is ********.

I don't like girls like that. In fact i detest them. If a girl let me have sex with them after less than a week of going out (minimum) then i'd be asking questions. You DON'T do that unless it is the "one". Seriously, it scares me the youths of today. I mean, am 15 right and i happily say i am a virgin no gf yet first kiss etc and people act like wtf?

Its sort of stupid the way things are nowadays.
Reply 79
Student2806
replace bf with gf and you've described every time I go home.
It started off with my nana saying "so, have you found a pretty girl yet?".
That was OK, I just brushed it off - but it's sort of spread to my whole family.

My sister got to the point where she either thought I was hiding girls from my family or that I was gay. They just can't accept the fact that I haven't found anyone yet.

Oh yeah i've had that one.

recently i started talking and planning on meeting up with this girl and now i get the "Well now we know you are not gay!!" from my mum (joking but still) and my fathers side of the family always wind me up about it.

It's really not something that is good to be wound up about.

Latest

Trending

Trending