Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Oh gosh, that made me laugh. It's a shame 13 year olds think that's pathetic =/ It really is. Dating, at 13? Wow, that's a laugh when you look back on it.

OP chill. Enjoy life, don't worry about boys/girls/whatever you're into, and just have a little fun first. You don't really plan your first kiss =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicideCommando)
    Yeah, I was out last night so now my sleep routine is messed up.
    Let's face it, half of the people on here don't go out partying.
    And I didn't necessarily mean at the age of 13, but when it gets to 17/18, then it's dodgy.
    Ahem........ I'm surprised no one else has quoted this yet. Strangely, people who use TSR for study purposes and purposes like this too do have lives outside of this internet forum. Pfft, crazy isn't it

& 8?I'm shocked too.what age did you have sex then?

(Original post by Soxi)
    Unusual, but nothing to be ashamed of. I think that's what we're all trying to get at here. Of course I can admit that it's unusual when most of my peers have done it, but I'm not going to be ashamed of myself or look down on myself, as you seem to be suggesting I should.

And I have a problem with you using the urbandictionary entry as a reference, simply due to a technicality. It states that being frigid is being 'scared' of contact with the opposite sex, but how do you know that we're all scared of guys/girls? I'm definitely not scared of intimacy with a guy, if it presented itself. There's a HUGE difference between being scared and being inexperienced - one doesn't have to come with the other, you know.
    I never said it was something to be ashamed of. I actually said in a previous post that I'm not looking down on anyone. I just think it's awful that loads of people who go on here, who are quite often geeks, encourage people to wait for the 'right moment', which probably won't even come along. It rages me how little love experience people on here have. And tbh, I know most people will agree with me. It's just none of them are posting. How do I know this? I'm talking to them on MSN.¬¬

And yeah, but then you ask why most people are inexperienced at the age of 18 etc. "Oh, little self confidence", "Oh, noone wants me". ¬___¬ Ugh, just go and look.

(Original post by Bananas 16)
    Ahem........ I'm surprised no one else has quoted this yet. Strangely, people who use TSR for study purposes and purposes like this too do have lives outside of this internet forum. Pfft, crazy isn't it

& 8?I'm shocked too.what age did you have sex then?
    You're suggesting everyone here has a life out of school and home. Not everyone does.(:

And that's a bit nosy, don't you think? But anyway, 14.

ReputationRep:
    I never said it was something to be ashamed of. I actually said in a previous post that I'm not looking down on anyone. I just think it's awful that loads of people who go on here, who are quite often geeks, encourage people to wait for the 'right moment', which probably won't even come along. It rages me how little love experience people on here have. And tbh, I know most people will agree with me. It's just none of them are posting. How do I know this? I'm talking to them on MSN.¬¬

And yeah, but then you ask why most people are inexperienced at the age of 18 etc. "Oh, little self confidence", "Oh, noone wants me". ¬___¬ Ugh, just go and look.
    In reference to the first quote oooh,eggshells.... tut tut tut.

2nd quote - how would you know about everyone's love experiences on here?

& seriously, you're talking to people on msn about this right now....riiiiiiiight.Let them speak up and be heard then!

ReputationRep:
    You're suggesting everyone here has a life out of school and home. Not everyone does.(:

And that's a bit nosy, don't you think? But anyway, 14.
    It was a rhetorical question. Never mind though.

ReputationRep:

Well, sorry for making that judgement, I can take it back - it was the direction of the debate that made me think that, I obviously missed your post stating that, so sorry.

But surely if someone's asking for our opinions on a subject, we have a right to give them, whether we're experienced or not. And, to be honest, I don't care how many people are talking to you on MSN about it and agreeing with you - wierd that people may be discussing how I lack a love life, but I'm sure it won't hurt me, I was just adding my two cents to the thread because I was bored and wanted to say it. Why should it rage you that people like me have little love life? That confuses me slightly - surely it should anger me more? And I'm sure that on here, like in real, non forum regulated life, I'm in the minority.

Are you a person with self confidence and with people wanting you? I'm guessing that you must have a little bit of both aspects at least and therefore can treat it as something strange. It's harder for some people to just 'go out and look', as you put it, and low self confidence can be a hard barrier to break through, particularly if you're naturally shy as it is.

In reference to the first quote oooh,eggshells.... tut tut tut.

2nd quote - how would you know about everyone's love experiences on here?

& seriously, you're talking to people on msn about this right now....riiiiiiiight.Let them speak up and be heard then!
    I don't see why? A lot of people are. Nothing wrong with geeks, just saying.

Well, seeing as so many people on here are saying they've not kissed until they're 18...

Aha, if only they would. They're making me look like a minority speaking, but really it's the opposite.

ReputationRep:

Hahahaa, you're on your high horse about other people and their lack of social outlet, yet you're on MSN telling your friends about arguments you're having on an internet forum. At 1.45 am...

I think you incriminate yourself, personally.

Furthermore, are you going to address any of the points I made previously, or can I fully give up hope of any form of relevant, intelligent discussion with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soxi)
    Well, sorry for making that judgement, I can take it back - it was the direction of the debate that made me think that, I obviously missed your post stating that, so sorry.

But surely if someone's asking for our opinions on a subject, we have a right to give them, whether we're experienced or not. And, to be honest, I don't care how many people are talking to you on MSN about it and agreeing with you - wierd that people may be discussing how I lack a love life, but I'm sure it won't hurt me, I was just adding my two cents to the thread because I was bored and wanted to say it. Why should it rage you that people like me have little love life? That confuses me slightly - surely it should anger me more? And I'm sure that on here, like in real, non forum regulated life, I'm in the minority.

Are you a person with self confidence and with people wanting you? I'm guessing that you must have a little bit of both aspects at least and therefore can treat it as something strange. It's harder for some people to just 'go out and look', as you put it, and low self confidence can be a hard barrier to break through, particularly if you're naturally shy as it is.

What's this?Give opinions?& on an internet forum?*gasp*

ReputationRep:
    don't let it bother u chick...

your friends may be doing it but there's no reason to be pressured by that... when i was your age everyone knew me as the innocent one in our group and they never pressured me into anything cause they knew that i'd say no.

no one says that your first kiss has to be perfect but you should be comfortable with the idea before doing it. don't worry about it k?

what i'm tryin to say is don't do it because you think you should, do because you want to.

ReputationRep:
    What's this?Give opinions?& on an internet forum?*gasp*
    I know......I'm such a rebel, I don't know how I can live with myself :eek:

(Original post by Soxi)

It's okay. :yep:
    Yeah, of course you have a right. But the person is going to leave this thread thinking, "most people don't even kiss 'til they're in their late teens", which isn't actually correct!

& No, I have little self confidence & I hate my appearance. (: I'm extremely shy, but come across as confident in person (But that may be due to ADHD?)

ReputationRep:
    No offence, but I don't recall myself or my friends in primary school ever feeling the urge to want to kiss a boy at 8.....I thought you didn't have much of a sexuality at that age. I first kissed at 11, but looking back now I'm not proud of it and wish I hadn't.I didn't at the time brag about it.Nor do I now.It meant nothing.I don't see what the big deal about first kiss is.(It's not all that) Just do it when it feels right to.

(Original post by thisisyesterday)
    Hahahaa, you're on your high horse about other people and their lack of social outlet, yet you're on MSN telling your friends about arguments you're having on an internet forum. At 1.45 am...

I think you incriminate yourself, personally.

Furthermore, are you going to address any of the points I made previously, or can I fully give up hope of any form of relevant, intelligent discussion with you?
    They post on here, too. Arguments? LOL..? And yeah, insomnia FTW bbz.
    I didn't notice a post, I'll go back now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, of course you have a right. But the person is going to leave this thread thinking, "most people don't even kiss 'til they're in their late teens", which isn't actually correct!

& No, I have little self confidence & I hate my appearance. (: I'm extremely shy, but come across as confident in person (But that may be due to ADHD?)
    Seeing as I've stated that I know I'm in the minority, I'd hope I'm not giving a false impression. But does it really matter whether that's the impression the O{ gets? If they're worrying about not having kissed at 13, surely their mind might be set a little more at ease by knowing that they're definitely not the only ones not doing it and have plenty of time?

Well, I have exactly the same problems with zero self confidence and my appearance, and I try to be more outgoing, but it usually goes wrong (it's like my life is one of those cliched tv shows....) You may be right about the ADHD, I don't know. But you're lucky, these things obviously haven't hindered you, while no one sees them as attractive qualities in me. The moral of the story is going to have to settle on 'people are different'.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, of course you have a right. But the person is going to leave this thread thinking, "most people don't even kiss 'til they're in their late teens", which isn't actually correct!& No, I have little self confidence & I hate my appearance. (: I'm extremely shy, but come across as confident in person (But that may be due to ADHD?)
    It doesn't matter what's correct in terms of when everyone does it. Why should everyone in society conform? If this was a thread about first time sex, would you still be like ''do it at the age everyone else does?'' or would you say do it when it feels right out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to stay and chat/argue but I've just realised what the frickin time is! I better go out now and party in my spare time after goin on tsr,cos apparently we have no lives.& yet somehow....this person is the one still on here......

ReputationRep:
    I had my first kiss at 17.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i no its pathetic but i havent had my first kiss yet and i am 13, i turn guys down to date because i am afraid, how can i overcome this?
    Calm down, hun. You're 13 i wasn't even thinking about kissing at 13 and i didn't get my first till i was 17. Its not a race, it doesn't matter if people you know have already had there first kiss and i know for a fact there are people in here who like me didn't have there first kiss til well after the age of 13. It'll come along some time, there's no hurry, there are better things to worry about at 13. If you want to go out with guys stop turning them down. They are probably just as scared as you are and if you get a guy, your kiss will come pretty soon.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2008
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.