Turn on thread page Beta

Do you have any of these? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    My phobia doesn't have a fancy name. It's just a fear of cows.

Maybe I could call it Bovinephobia.
    Fear of... cows? Hmm I guess they are a bit scary, I found myself in the middle of a field where they were all standing and looking at me once. Don't ask :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think i have so many of those :sad: :getmecoat:

(Consecotaleophobia - what?!?!?!)

ReputationRep:
    Is there a name for a phobia of escalators

ReputationRep:
    Phobophobia - Fear of fear/phobias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    Is there a name for a phobia of escalators
    I have that one too I'm not sure what the name is, but I guess it's fear of falling really. They petrify me, tube stations are a nightmare =/

ReputationRep:
    I have a fear of matchboxes, you know the striker bit? I imagine people scraping their nails on them and...urgh.

ReputationRep:
    I have a fear of the thought/feel of fabric on my teeth. Just the thought makes me cringe! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    I have that one too I'm not sure what the name is, but I guess it's fear of falling really. They petrify me, tube stations are a nightmare =/
    Shopping centres are a nightmare! When you want to get back to the ground floor, and you have to go down 4 of them. It makes me shudder thinking about it. I can deal with the ones going up...just.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    My phobia doesn't have a fancy name. It's just a fear of cows.

Maybe I could call it Bovinephobia.
    Snap! at least i'm not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places

I LOVE planes, but I'd find myself very scared if I stood on the edge of s tall building for fear of jumping off lol (is that irrational?)

And maybe claustrophobia. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    Shopping centres are a nightmare! When you want to get back to the ground floor, and you have to go down 4 of them. It makes me shudder thinking about it. I can deal with the ones going up...just.
    I have trouble with both, on the up ones I'm ok until a certain height and then it feels like the step is closing in around my feet and my legs feel like jelly :p: And on the down ones.. well, it's really getting on them in the first place and the first down bit that scares me, after that sometimes I can walk on them!
    Ah it's a weird one =/

ReputationRep:
    i dont think this is even on the list but i have a wierddd fear of swallowing tablets.. like i think itl get stuck in my throat or somethin 8-) so i kinda have to break a paracetamol into about 4/5 small peices :|

(Original post by Redpanda91)
    Fear of... cows? Hmm I guess they are a bit scary, I found myself in the middle of a field where they were all standing and looking at me once. Don't ask :p:
    I was once in Horsham in Sussex and accidently stumbled into a field of cows and had a panic attack. :no:

I am so glad Cravendale don't show these adverts any more, they were my worst nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Ornithophobia - fear of birds. It's not quite irrational, I don't think. All my friends take the mick... I think this may be due to my reaction to birds though... I tend to cry, freeze and if they're lucky, maybe a little vomit.

The feathers;
    How many germs must be on them things?
    The hard bit in them, are they bones?
    Does it hurt them if they fall out?
    They feel gross.

The wings;
    They move too fast.
    How do they not bend backwads when they fly?
    How thin are teh bones in them things?

The legs;
    THEY HAVE CLAWS!
    They're scabby and pink.

The head;
    There's no seperation between the face and the neck - it's just one column.
    It's a relitivly small head.

The becks:
    Is it a nose or a mouth?
    Is it both?!
    What is it made out of, bone?
    No teeth?

The eyes:
    THE EYES ARE THE WORST THING.
    THEY'RE SO BEADY AND BLACK - THEY HAVE NONE OF THE WHITE BITS.

THERE ISN'T ANY WHITE BITS IN THEIR EYES!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.