The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anna_spanner89
One breastfeeding support group went to a macdonalds in doncaster to breastfeed, 6 mothers breastfeeding in all one go, because one of the members had been told to leave as she was breastfeeding and customers were complaining

how can breastfeeding possibly put them off that food, have you seen the state of it!!
some people really need to start living in today's world
tazarooni89
A screaming baby is obviously not happy to wait a bit, and so doesn't fit the circumstance I was describing.

I was talking about a baby who *is* happy to wait a bit. Babies aren't always hungry, you know :s-smilie:

Uh, women aren't feeding their babies in public for fun. It's because their baby is hungry.
If a baby is hungry, its hungry, so feed it. I dont think it should matter if its in public or not as it is a natural act.
This question is entirely relative, as it depends on how old the breastfeeder is.

:p:
tazarooni89
A screaming baby is obviously not happy to wait a bit, and so doesn't fit the circumstance I was describing.

I was talking about a baby who *is* happy to wait a bit. Babies aren't always hungry, you know :s-smilie:

PUHLEASE show me a newborn who when wants feeding, will not cry...my point is about demand feeding, vital to newborn growth etc..they feed on demand, usually for about 3 weeks it can be once an hour...
anna_spanner89
absoloutely, I know one girl, a young mother, lived a very closested life (Mormon) and got freaked out because her baby 'looked at her breasts'

Lol, what?!

Also, with regards to breastfeeding, society keeps contradicting itself. Women are heavily encouraged to breast feed their babies and the women who decide to bottle feed instead are scorned.
THEN, if a woman breastfeeds her screaming, hungry baby outside the home she's told to do it elsewhere. Absurd.
Reply 66
nolongerhearthemusic
What the hell are you talking about? Breastfeeding your baby is not attention seeking. And if someone gets off on it, they are not normal.

How can it be unnecessary to feed your child?

Men get off on tits, they're sex organs! It is normal, regardless of whether a baby's clutching its mother! That's why i wouldn't breastfeed publicly!.. Or anyone else not a fecking attention seeking slut :rolleyes:
Reply 67
tazarooni89
That's not what I said at all :s-smilie:

If your child needs their meal there and then, and there's no private place to go in the vicinity, then breastfeed in public by all means. But if there's a private place right next to you, then why not use it?

And I didn't say breastfeeding isn't normal. I said taking your breasts out in public isn't normal. So why do it if there's no need?

People don't have issues with feeding in public, they have issues with people taking their breasts out in public. But sometimes, you need to take your breasts out to feed your child. So if there's a private place available, use it. If there isn't, then just breastfeed in public. What's wrong with that? :s-smilie:

Breastfeeding, no matter where you are, is normal. There's no way to do that without "taking your breasts out", be you in private or public.

Also, what do you consider a "private place"? Because I can't think of any that I might encounter out shopping, or down the beach, or at the park, etc., that aren't toilets (or changing rooms! :p:)
Reply 68
Who finds it offensive?
Reply 69
bitty~~~~~~~~~~~~~
chaseside
Can't be bothered to argue with retards *sigh*

Men get off on tits, they're sex organs! It is normal, regardless of whether a baby's clutching its mother! That's why i wouldn't breastfeed publicly!.. Or anyone else not a fecking attention seeking slut :rolleyes:

lol what. You get so excited by the sight of a breast that you can't help yourself? Even if there is a baby attached to it? That's not normal.
Reply 71
anna_spanner89
One breastfeeding support group went to a macdonalds in doncaster to breastfeed, 6 mothers breastfeeding in all one go, because one of the members had been told to leave as she was breastfeeding and customers were complaining

Too right. Who wants to see and hear a baby suckle while eating a burger? Think about it!:yep:
Reply 72
anna_spanner89
I dont want this to be a debate on breastfeeding, whether its good or bad...as this is a different issue, which i was really shocked with today.

I was out with a friend who's recently had a baby and we went for a walk around the park, she sat down and started breastfeeding, i hadn't even noticed what she was doing till i took notice, as i'd just thought she was having a cuddle! She didn't even whip the tit out..was very subtle. Anyway, a few minutes in..an older woman came up to her, and told her to do it in private or a toilet, as what she was doing was 'disgusting and offensive' I was so shocked at this womans attitude, shy little me, told her she was the one being disgusting and offensive by degrading such a natural act. This woman hobbled off calling us 'hippies'. My friend said she'd been told not to do it on buses as it was 'indecent exposure' etc aswell

How do you feel about mothers breastfeeding in public? Maybe you don't have as strong views as that woman, but do you find that it's a bit off-putting, or still a social taboo?

What she was told was absolutely disgusting and anybody who finds the natural and beautiful act of breast-feeding 'wrong' should bloody well stay at home all day. :woo:

I only hope that as generations pass, people will swing in opinion to accept it as a natural act for the needs of babies and will accept it.
Reply 73
My view is hopefully a good one. :teeth:
anna_spanner89
PUHLEASE show me a newborn who when wants feeding, will not cry...my point is about demand feeding, vital to newborn growth etc..they feed on demand, usually for about 3 weeks it can be once an hour...

Not all mothers breastfeed when the baby wants feeding. Many do it at specific times during the day, or at specific intervals. They don't always wait for the baby to be hungry first.

But like I said, if the baby wants its food there and then, and no private area is available, then go right ahead :s-smilie:
Reply 75
nolongerhearthemusic
lol what. You get so excited by the sight of a breast that you can't help yourself? Even if there is a baby attached to it? That's not normal.

im a girl you twit.
Reply 76
It's one of the most natural things in the world, women should have no restrictions as to where they do it.

If you don't want to see it, don't look. It's not hard.
Babies need food too. Why should they be carted off to a freakin toilet or something so they can be fed? Most people are not going to you know, "whip it out" as you've said, and I have no problem with it if it is discreet.
Reply 78
chaseside

How old are you?
chaseside

So by feeding your baby outdoors that makes you a slut?

You sir, are a misogynist bastard. Crawl back into your hole.

Latest

Trending

Trending