Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls wear jeans or trousers..? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I like skirts and dresses, but just because I think they look nice rather than thinking "oh guys think they look nice".
    Although I'd be more inclined towards making it a choice on that basis if all men universally decided that they wouldn't wear football shirts because they're just so unflattering, and if they only wore properly tailored clothes with proper shoes, because you know they look so trashy in old t-shirts and scruffy jeans and battered old trainers. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjamin2k)
    girls..don't you realise how much more attractive and feminine you look in dresses and skirts?..but these days all you wear is jeans and trousers..you barely ever see a girl in proper girl clothes now!

What's wrong with you girls??
    Lets see?

They're comfy, stylish and oh yeah its ******* winter!

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] feminist girls giving me neg rep for this..none of you have left your names though girls? you'll never get guys if you don't dress like girls though so let that be a lesson to you
    Hm well I live in dark jeans, Doc Marten boots, band t-shirts and chunky belts. I also have a nose ring.
    And not one boyfriend has ever complained. Oh wow, I have just caught on to something, its a matter of different TASTES. Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    girls..don't you realise how much more attractive and feminine you look in dresses and skirts?..but these days all you wear is jeans and trousers..you barely ever see a girl in proper girl clothes now!

What's wrong with you girls??
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but girls don't dress just to look good for guys, and we are not all girly girls! I haven't worn a skirt since it was a uniform requirement at one of my old schools and that was around 5 years ago - even then I only wore one for my uniform, it was trousers everywhere else.

Seriously, don't be so stereotypical, girls don't have to wear skirts to dress attractive, some girls (i.e. me) just don't suit skirts and look better in trousers/with their legs covered.

ReputationRep:
    Slouch jeans rock:cool:.

ReputationRep:
    I think the TSR website is malfunctioning, it says your username is Benjamin2k... shouldn't it be Benjamin1k? I think you're stuck in the wrong century

ReputationRep:
    I think women look good in trousers. It depends on the cut but they can be pretty flattering.

I don't think we should have to defend ourselves here. It's our choice.

You never should have given us the vote, you ******* imbecile.

(Original post by marlyly)
    Why don't guys go round dressed in tux's and suits all day?
    Because I can't afford to buy enough suits - I'd want to have 14 (one-a-day, nice bit of variety and they'd stay cleaner). Also, I wouldn't want to ride a bike wearing a suit.

What's wrong with you girl..guys like a girl in skirts and dresses..don't you realise how unflattering jeans are??
    I beg to differ - while I think girls look way more attractive in a simple dress, well-fitted jeans can make a girl look very good indeed, especially if the rest of the clothes she's wearing are well-fitted and simple.

ReputationRep:
    Something wrong with girls these days..trying to act like they're guys..don't give me this cold in skirts and tights it's fine..jeans aren't that different..girls should be girls and part of what's wrong with our society is girls acting like they're guys!! i'd never go out with a girl who trys to dress like a guy..

ReputationRep:
    Jeans are more practical. Wear a skirt and try walking over a hot air grate, for example, and you'll see what I mean :p: You can also sit down without worrying about anything showing and you don't have to bother with tights or making sure your legs are fuzz-free

Most girls wear skirts a lot in the summer, when it's warmer - obviously people are going to wear jeans more often when it's not hot!

I hate this idea that girls should wear skirts...and what about jeans being 'unfeminine'? I was a devotee of obscenely baggy jeans back in the day (no longer!) but it's only really baggy, ill-fitting jeans that aren't feminine...you can look far nicer in a well-fitting pair of jeans than a skirt sometimes. Surely it makes it a nice change when a girl does wear a skirt, rather than if she wore skirts every day?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    Slouch jeans rock:cool:.
    "Boyfriend" jeans rock as well.

ReputationRep:
    Something wrong with girls these days..trying to act like they're guys..don't give me this cold in skirts and tights it's fine..jeans aren't that different..girls should be girls and part of what's wrong with our society is girls acting like they're guys!! i'd never go out with a girl who trys to dress like a guy..
    Maybe some of us women don't want to go out with guys, full stop.

I'm wearing a skirt and tights right now, but normally I wear jeans and hoodies. It's all a matter of personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] feminist girls giving me neg rep for this..none of you have left your names though girls? you'll never get guys if you don't dress like girls though so let that be a lesson to you
    I have a boyfriend AND I dress like a girl, but I still wear jeans 24/7.

:eek::eek2::eek3::eek4:

Skirts and dresses aren't the only thing which helps femininity, you know. So piss off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    "Boyfriend" jeans rock as well.
    Lol yh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're missing out, don't sweat it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the OP, trousers on women look rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    And there I was blaming knife, gun and gang culture, increasing obesity rates, the STD epidemic, binge-drinking, overcrowded prisons and the recession.

But no.

ITS GIRLS WEARING JEANS!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    why don't YOU wear a dress. **** head.

ReputationRep:
    Because every now and again, on those rare rare days when I have evening moods in the morning, I like to feel warm and blend in, rather than dress how I like, much to the amusement of the bus stop crowd.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with women 'these days'. Women have to fight their corner, and part of that is wearing what we want. In some workplaces we still get a lower wage than men in the same job.

You're a ******* ****. I stand by that.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.