Turn on thread page Beta

Who is the cleverest person on TSR? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Cleverness isn't just to do with who gets the best grades. There are plenty of academically brilliant socially incompetent people out there.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, I'm a personal secretary for an admission tutor from Corpus Christi Cam., i.e. I'm his eyes and ears for this forum :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    it takes one to know one, thus *you* are arrogant
    1. this is an admission that you're arrogant, and I'd willingly admit such a thing if I can drag you down with me
    2. that sort of intelligence in coming up with ripostes isn't really demonstrative of someone going to Oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    Multiple Intelligence is a way of saying that thick people are actually clever, just clever in a different way. I sound so up myself now, but it's just another example of political correctness.
    Erm, no it isn't.

We all learn in different ways so why should we have our intelligence judged by one singular method?

The only reason we do so is due to the fact it fits into a socially accepted norm that you can aspire to and most importantly so people can come on TSR and brag about their qualifications, despite most of them being the most ignorant and clueless people you would ever meet (no matter how many equations they can pull out their ass).

Some of the most intelligent people who ever lived never had nor needed a piece of paper to ratify their genius.

"Trufax"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrollHunterGeneral)
    Btw, I'm a personal secretary for an admission tutor from Corpus Christi Cam., i.e. I'm his eyes and ears for this forum :ninja:
    And I AM an admissions tutor at Trinity College, Cambridge. Eyes and ears, nom nom nom.

(Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Fine, I've asserted time and time again that you can ask me - a Cambridge admissions tutor - anything you like. But unfortunately, you're not making a very good name for yourself.
    You, got rejected by Oxford without interview, even though you got an A at A-level in the subject you wish to study in Year 11.

You arrogant person.

OK, I got a question:

"I want to apply for History. I got an A at A-Level in Year 11 in History. Would this make a difference to my overall application? Do I have a good chance of getting an offer?"

(Original post by TrollHunterGeneral)
    Full name please. I'm gonna Google you and check.

ReputationRep:
    You, got rejected by Oxford without interview, even though you got an A at A-level in the subject you wish to study in Year 11.

You arrogant person.

OK, I got a question:

"I want to apply for History. I got an A at A-Level in Year 11 in History. Would this make a difference to my overall application? Do I have a good chance of getting an offer?"

I thought that you have not done your G.C.S.E's yet?

ReputationRep:

You arrogant person.

OK, I got a question:

It's a facade.

And no, it's beyond your control now. Every Cambridge tutor knows of you. Have you considered Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    he was posing as necessarily benevolent for that post in a failed attempt at ridiculing him

ReputationRep:

Yes because we need to have evidence in order to prove you're not you're a lying bugger.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted a Profesh *****-fest hahaha. I haven't even been here long and that guy really really annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    And I AM an admissions tutor at Trinity College, Cambridge. Eyes and ears, nom nom nom.
    Here.

:no: I thought you knew - remember, the PM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    he was posing as necessarily benevolent for that post in a failed attempt at ridiculing him

Oh ok

ReputationRep:
    :no: I thought you knew - remember, the PM?

No sorry How are you ?

It's a facade.

And no, it's beyond your control now. Every Cambridge tutor knows of you. Have you considered Durham?
    Have I insulted you? Aww, poor necessarily benevolent. :console:

How dare you insulted me for saying to go to Durham! No offence, but River85's there....

No sorry How are you ?
    I'm alright thanks! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Have I insulted you? Aww, poor necessarily benevolent. :console:

How dare you insulted me for saying to go to Durham! No offence, but River85's there....
    As I said on the other thread. We admissions tutors find sites like these invaluable for deselecting candidates. We go by neg rep.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I'm in no way or form associated with any Cambridge admission tutor at all.......
    I am CAMBRIDGE!!!
    (in an anthropomorphic sense of course)

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.