Does anyone else hate facebook? Watch

Mr. MadMonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have one problem with it, eveyrone finds out everything.

So my family don't get added on it, and that tiny problem is sorted.

I really don't see the problem, just an easy way to stay in touch with people really.
Devilrabbit
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Facebook has eaten my life, its scarily addictive for someone prone to procrastination like me >.< yet i neither love nor hate it, it has become... *shudder* necessary.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I can't help thinking when some mofo has 100-200 friends they are a little shallow.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I do have it but hate it, and haven't used it for about 8 months or so.
treasureBelle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like it well enough, but I hate how slow it is atm.
Best Served Chilled
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
I can't help thinking when some mofo has 100-200 friends they are a little shallow.
Someone on my facebook friends list has, wait for it.... 1400+ friends (it increases every hour)... wow.
hannahhxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love it. It's a good way to easily keep in touch with friends and to find old friends. I've found SO many people from my old primary school and its been nice to see what they're up to etc.

cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i dont understand how people are saying everyone finds out about everything about you?? I have a facebook account how does it know everything im doing>! is it to do with satellites and cctv ccameras linked up to the facebook database? :hmmm:
xwardax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cowsgoquack)
i dont understand how people are saying everyone finds out about everything about you?? I have a facebook account how does it know everything im doing>! is it to do with satellites and cctv ccameras linked up to the facebook database? :hmmm:
you basically control what the other people know about you...but with the status updates and stuff like that you literally know what people are doing
when i had it some idiot on my friends list used to update it every moment of his life such as 'eating food', 'having a shower'...i mean how sad lol

btw satellites and cctv cameras ...stalkerish..but not a bad idea lol you never know that might be the unique point of a new social networking site lol definately not joining that lol:p:
cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah but surely if you dont type the info in they wont know
User192499
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I only hate it when interfering uncles on friends lists decide it's their responsibility to phone my mother and complain about my "shocking" status updates.

Delete button makes it a happy place again.
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't get it. I don't like Bebo, so I don't use it. I don't like Twitter, so I don't use it. If you don't like Facebook, why not just not use it and leave it alone?

I find the Groups and Events functions quite useful though, as I plan and organise a fair few group activities, and as often as we might meet, it saves printing out all the information for people, or leaving people with just verbal information, which they forget, and it's quicker, can be accessed over and over, unlikely to be lost etc. It's also very good for just general social networking, and I don't see friends as something to compete for, otherwise I wouldn't put people on my Block List or Ignore Friend Requests. Get so many randomers adding you, but I'm guessing you get there on other social networking sites too.
xwardax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cowsgoquack)
yeah but surely if you dont type the info in they wont know
exactly, but some people get carried away with the thought thinking its some sort of personal diary (which isnt actually personal at all and i dont get why people keep diaries but anywayyy) lol
WolfishSmile
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
FB is EVIL.

I have sat looking at the screen for the last hour, periodically clicking refresh.

I'm going to write an angry letter to the creators when I fail my degree.
Leonidas
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Facebook = Anti Christ.
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
YES, I can't stand it!
gravityisamyth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by A1PHA)
I cant stand the type of people who seemingly go out esp to put their pics on facebook, standing there in the club taking shot after shot. It's so toolish.
Yup. I've seen a few profiles and had a glance through their photos to find most albums are the same, and basically consist of photos where they have gone to the same club week after week! :rolleyes:

I do have to agree with the keeping in touch side though. That's been pretty invaluable for talking to friends from home since I went to Uni.

But otherwise... I dislike it :yep:
MathsStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't have a
facebook account, myspace account, bebo account Hi 5 account (and any others lol)
Brianstorm91
Report 9 years ago
I hate how the second I stop doing anything I feel the urge to check it.
SomeStudent
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
No, I love facebook. It's the only site I know that is popular and allows people from different countries to join (bebo doesn't). This way I can contact my close friends in different countries .
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads