Hadouken! Street Fighter Society Watch

Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Phalanx)
I think Street Fighter EX was the 3D version.

Are you not thinking of the Street Fighter Alpha series? Or maybe Marvel vs Capcom? Street Fighter Alpha 3 had a world tour mode where (if I remember) you levelled your character.
Hmm I think it might actually be Street Fighter Zero?
Looks familar-ish on youtube.
Phalanx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Hmm I think it might actually be Street Fighter Zero?
Looks familar-ish on youtube.
Yeah, I think Street Fighter Zero is the same as Alpha.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well when I watch Alpha videos, it looks different? No idea.. but I do remember the shadow/cartoon style from Zero videos..
Hmm I shall have to buy that after the exams are done :p:
Titanomachy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
The alpha series was very different to zero (i think released as alpha zero in some places) Zero was the 3D one, which had it's charm but suffered in my opinion from a lack of funky j-pop choonz and epileptic fit-inducing neon strobe backgrounds.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well its all confusing for me...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lbXVYN...eature=related
Which version is this? This is the one im talking about either way.
The Jester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Well its all confusing for me...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lbXVYN...eature=related
Which version is this? This is the one im talking about either way.
zero = alpha.

it was called zero in japan.

thats sf apha btw sarforaz.

(Original post by Sziphix)
Sagat is generally agreed to be the highest tier character in the game. Sorry.

"Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger Uppercut! Tiger! Tiger!"

But it's all about the lower-tier character, so I'll probably main C.Viper.
C.viper is a lower tier?! i was thinking like possibly cammy and Dan but c.viper looked pretty mid-high tier to me. yea apprantley sagat is the best in SF IV. still doesnt mean my sakura/ken wont own.
darkos87
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is that the society for the amazing movie Street Fighter- The Legend of Chun-Li?
Sziphix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Jester)
zero = alpha.

it was called zero in japan.

thats sf apha btw sarforaz.

C.viper is a lower tier?! i was thinking like possibly cammy and Dan but c.viper looked pretty mid-high tier to me. yea apprantley sagat is the best in SF IV. still doesnt mean my sakura/ken wont own.
Well there's currently no info on Sakura, Dan, Fei Long, Cammy or the other console characters (no doubt they'll be an arcade update though.).

(Original post by mikeyd85)
Easily.

The same as every other game that can be played with no lag. Especially as there'll only be 2 people in each game.
Fighting games are a different breed though, with pretty much every other type of online game interpolation can be used to estimate where players are/what they are doing to a reasonable amount of accuracy. In fighting games, every frame matters at the highest level of play, so interpolation wouldn't slide; not only would the server have no way of estimating what the player is doing (they could choose to do any punch, any kick, move in any direction, and any combination of the above 3.)
Also, if the packet rate is slower than the frame rate, controller inputs which would be vital to how the match pans out wouldn't be detected and player's wouldn't be happy with the online system. It's also why SFII has been rereleased so much; there are minor tweaks to characters what 90% of people who play the game won't notice, but could make a huge difference to gameplay at tournament levels, if there truely wasn'tany difference, Capcom would get barely any sales and it wouldn't be worth rereleasing as much as they do. Tekken 5 got the Dark Resurrection patch not just to add Dragonov, Lili and Armor King, but to tweak the rest of the characters (lol, nerfing Steve so Mishima's are the best again.).
SSFIIHD will probably be the last SFII game though, as that game can receive patches to adjust gameplay.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In the above table I'm surprised to see such a wide gap between Ryu and Ken...especially when Chun Li's in there :s:
The Jester
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
In the above table I'm surprised to see such a wide gap between Ryu and Ken...especially when Chun Li's in there :s:
hadouken spammers! also, ryu is just the easiest character for newbies to use. ken isnt extremely popular with newbies. it could also be the fact ryu's combo's generally tend to be a lot easier to execute (at least from the youtube vids i've seen)

meh, it doesnt matter. who takes fighting games on xbox/ps3 that seriously anyway? i just hope the achievements dont cause me to go mad. i mean look what happened to SC4. the amount of killik spammers i fought was unbelivable. it'll just make it difficult to find good people to fight.

personally i thought akuma would be higher up. ahhh Zangief!

does anyone still have SF anniversary collection? i'm using it for practice
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was just about to make a post about how using one of those characters in the "lower-tier" section of the table (I'm not sure which; I think it's Honda but it could be Dhalsim), you could be unbeatable if he were used properly...but when it hit me that this likely involved spamming a couple of moves, it got me thinking: Is there any character that can't be unbeatable by spamming the same couple of moves?
Sziphix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was just about to make a post about how using one of those characters in the "lower-tier" section of the table (I'm not sure which; I think it's Honda but it could be Dhalsim), you could be unbeatable if he were used properly...but when it hit me that this likely involved spamming a couple of moves, it got me thinking: Is there any character that can't be unbeatable by spamming the same couple of moves?
All I've heard is that El Fuerte had an infinite combo, but that was debunked by Capcom. I don't quite get your question Dali, no character has ever been unbeatable by using a certain tactic or set of moves, there might be temporarily, but normally new tactic are then used to beat them, it can be a complex loop, I think you'd find Sirlin's articles interesting: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/yomi-...-opponent.html

Normally if there really is a game breaking tactic, the character is either banned from tournament play if it is utterly broken/glitch. Or 'soft-banned' in which using the character is strongly discouraged and frowned upon, the developers patch the game, or the game loses competitive popularity.
The Jester
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hmmm

toughie.

but i'm probably going to say fei-long. whilst i havent seen the sheet or played with him yet i'd just assume this because he hasnt really got any long ranged moves, neither does he have any signature projectiles. besides, you'd need to be really close to spam the dragon kick.
Titanomachy
Rep:
?
What's all this "upper tier/lower tier" crap?

Two kinds of characters in Street Fighter;

1. Ryu
2. Not Ryu
Phalanx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Balrog is god tier
The Jester
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
is this a soc yet? O.o

take a look at the achievements/trophies:

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009...eet-fighter-4/

so looks like i'm going to spend my first few days unlocking everyone.
Titanomachy
Rep:
?
is this a soc yet? O.o

take a look at the achievements/trophies:

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009...eet-fighter-4/

so looks like i'm going to spend my first few days unlocking everyone.
No, I need to resubmit the thread, sorry.

I'll do it today, honest!
Phalanx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The achievements are pretty average in all fairness.
Colesy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why lol? Chun is much more like her II/Alpha style now which wasn't super tier or anything.

hadouken spammers! also, ryu is just the easiest character for newbies to use. ken isnt extremely popular with newbies. it could also be the fact ryu's combo's generally tend to be a lot easier to execute (at least from the youtube vids i've seen)

meh, it doesnt matter. who takes fighting games on xbox/ps3 that seriously anyway? i just hope the achievements dont cause me to go mad. i mean look what happened to SC4. the amount of killik spammers i fought was unbelivable. it'll just make it difficult to find good people to fight.

personally i thought akuma would be higher up. ahhh Zangief!

does anyone still have SF anniversary collection? i'm using it for practice
Ok. :eek:

BTW I bet the tiers are quite worthless atm. And unless any of you are extremely high level, which I doubt prior to official release , it's not going to really matter.

Generally.. if you're unsure who to pick.

Learn a shoto cause they're easy as hell.
Then learn Guile cause that'll teach you charge moves.
Then Zangief. If you can play those 3 to a fairly decent level (mainly the bottom 2) I would say you can take any character and play reasonably well .
Colesy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BTW.

Does anybody here play Third Strike? If so.. Play me on 2DF online .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (16)
94.12%
No (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads