Why do people beleive in God? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Siddd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SomeNextPirate)
Sorry, I HATE this argument for the existence of God.

If we take this view that God created the Big Bang, you can go further and say....what created God, and to say that the rules don't apply because of the nature of God is just a big cop out as far as I'm concerned.

You'll need a better argument than that I'm afraid.

And Atheists don't use science to try and disprove the existence of God. They don't believe in God because there is no evidence to prove his existence.
Do you not agree that there had to be an input of energy from somewhere to for the universe to be created?
bodmer123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Siddd)
Do you not agree that there had to be an input of energy from somewhere to for the universe to be created?
WHO CREATED GOD?
fredesere
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bodmer123)
well look at the news and see how much is happening cos of god
Not because of God, but because of the disobedience, lies and ignorance of people, Even people kill in the name of God but this is not in the bible, did you know some muslims don't know what is in their quaran and only know what they have been taught by their prophets and which are some times or most times the wrong things, im not a muslim but its just something i watched on the news, people need to understand that without God then these things happening now would be considered as minors because we would have much bigger troubles, why do you think people can sell their souls for money ? or do you think its a joke ? or the people who are paying the money for the soul are just nutters who believe in the devil and are willing to give away their money to people for their soul for nothing ? think! anywayz i refuse to continue in this conversation!
bodmer123
Rep:
?
look god is a joke who i would punch in the face and beat up till he bleeds in hell.

hahaha
praveena
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
of what importance are the reasons? if you want to believe, go ahead and believe. if you don't want to believe, go ahead and don't believe.
WhatTheFunk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Siddd)
Well, I wasn't referring to all Scientists as I'm well aware that a lot of scientist are indeed agnostics. My point was directed towards the ignorant atheists who use Science as justification that there is no creator, despite the obvious flaws in their logic. But, hey, who am I to judge?
lol i know a lot of atheists who try and use Science to say they are right and yet don#'t understand some of it
bodmer123
Rep:
?
(Original post by praveena)
of what importance are the reasons? if you want to believe, go ahead and believe. if you don't want to believe, go ahead and don't believe.
because its just ridiculous that people do believe, and i'm trying to highlight this!
mujahidhassan90
Report 9 years ago
look god is a joke who i would punch in the face and beat up till he bleeds in hell.

hahaha
Okay fair enough u have your viewpoint, but dont disrespect others..
The Bachelor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Siddd)
Not if the net energy of the universe is 0.

Edit: A link. http://www.newscientist.com/article/...-universe.html
MrGumby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
WHO CREATED GOD?

Everything must have a cause? yes? Therefore there must have been a prime mover, a first mover, which is God.

You can still say that "what created God" but God was not created, he is infinite...You may say thats silly, but we cannot explain everything, if we could then God would not be so supreme. That is where faith comes in.

Your argument however cannot prove anything, as it can be used against any other reasons for the existence of the universe...such as what created the big bang...what created the conditions, the chemicals the energy for it to happen?
bodmer123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mujahidhassan90)
Okay fair enough u have your viewpoint, but dont disrespect others..
i will poo on his face
MrGumby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

hahaha
Hell??

why is there a hell if there isn't a God??

:eyeball:
Murphology
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Siddd)
And so begins an infinite regress...
DealerG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A liable reason for all the unsolved truths to the universe. A being to love, hate, depend on and blame. That's the real truth to why people belive in god. I believe in God myself.
WhatTheFunk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
people who believe in god shouldn't disrespect those who don't and say they should go find god, and believe in him its really unfair, cos we can't do it back with out being attack for saying it
Siddd
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fredesere)
Not because of God, but because of the disobedience, lies and ignorance of people, Even people kill in the name of God but this is not in the bible, did you know some muslims don't know what is in their quaran and only know what they have been taught by their prophets and which are some times or most times the wrong things, im not a muslim but its just something i watched on the news, people need to understand that without God then these things happening now would be considered as minors because we would have much bigger troubles, why do you think people can sell their souls for money ? or do you think its a joke ? or the people who are paying the money for the soul are just nutters who believe in the devil and are willing to give away their money to people for their soul for nothing ? think! anywayz i refuse to continue in this conversation!
Exactly.

The Islamic fundamentalist aren't 'terrorists' because the Quran tells them to become so. Rather, it is the perversion of religious faith that drives these extremists to commit such terrible acts. So, to say that religion is the cause of most of our problems is not particularly true because it is the way religion is interpreted that makes people behave in the manner they do.
bodmer123
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrGumby)
Hell??

why is there a hell if there isn't a God??

:eyeball:
because god is an emo who cuts himself all day while listening to MCR
MrGumby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
By now I'm guessing :troll:

if not, I am sorry for you OP, but your ignorance is just silly.
mujahidhassan90
Report 9 years ago
because god is an emo who cuts himself all day while listening to MCR
lol ok this thread is getting silly now
bodmer123
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrGumby)
By now I'm guessing :troll:

if not, I am sorry for you OP, but your ignorance is just silly.
that troll is what god looks like.
a stupid mess
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (273)
27.25%
No (729)
72.75%

Watched Threads