hmph!!!
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by gillipies)
Yeah I did I did the later one.

Haha, some classic quotes on it though - you would have liked it! We had the whole microwave/fridge in the bedroom question and then the woman thought the building work was Aston Villa's stadium - I was like what?!?!?

The poor guy I took round was so set on being in Lakeside - I think he was a bit put off the whole uni by the fact that he wasn't definitely going to get it despite the fact he said the course was really good here :-S
I actually laughed loudly when I read that.
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like to eat at 5 if I can...I thought this was the norm? Doesn't happen much nowadays though, it's usually between 5-7.

How the hell did that woman come to that conclusion?! HAHA. People are idiots, I love it!!
gillipies
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I used to eat at 5-6ish at home, now it's drifted to be more like 7-8.

Haha, I know - I'd love to know what thought processes went in to coming to that conclusion.... maybe none?
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5 :eek: I'd die of hunger by 9pm!
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I tend to have a substantial breakfast (usually oats) and then snack throughout the day when i'm free to pop back to the flat. Evening meal is then a planned affair, usually carbs/protein based. Oh and whenever I spend time in the kitchen making something (e.g paste) I make sure I make enough for at least two meals

Works nice!
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Evening meal is between 6:30 and 8:30. I whine whenever I'm home and dinner is around 5-6ish
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mmmm paste.

I hate eating the same thing twice. Dinner is a planned affair but is made in a small quantity, which allows variation for other meals (eg tomatoes, can use them first in quorn spag bol, then in a pasta sauce the next day) with the same resources :yep:
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well not wasting time in the kitchen + having something worthwhile to eat > Taste for me personally. I can totally get why people spend time cooking but it doesn't appeal to me really, thus I tend to approach it from a purely functional perspective.

oh and I haven't chopped fresh ingredients for a sauce since GCSE food (2003!)
lodzinski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Smtn)
Well not wasting time in the kitchen + having something worthwhile to eat > Taste for me personally. I can totally get why people spend time cooking but it doesn't appeal to me really, thus I tend to approach it from a purely functional perspective.

oh and I haven't chopped fresh ingredients for a sauce since GCSE food (2003!)
GTFO! Kitchen time is rarely wasted time. don't get me wrong, i'm not a uber purist who spits on anything that is not fresh organic etc, but I do love cooking.
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lodzinski)
GTFO! Kitchen time is rarely wasted time. don't get me wrong, i'm not a uber purist who spits on anything that is not fresh organic etc, but I do love cooking.
(Original post by Smtn)
I can totally get why people spend time cooking but it doesn't appeal to me really, thus I tend to approach it from a purely functional perspective.)

Well, sure. I'm not gonna rant at people for not playing guitar or whatever
lodzinski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I read that, I just don't get why it doesn't appeal to you.
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And my point that people are different. Explaining your confusion in simple terms ^^
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
I read that, I just don't get why it doesn't appeal to you.
It doesn't appeal to me either.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do do I, but is that the procrasting side coming out in me?!
side
Report 8 years ago
Hey

This is going to me my first pub crawl!! cant wait!. Im a bit unsure about some things. How much do you think I should bring with me (Money wise) and are the drinks going to be on special offers just for us guys? and is gat crasher entry included in the donation?

Cheers
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by side)
Hey

This is going to me my first pub crawl!! cant wait!. Im a bit unsure about some things. How much do you think I should bring with me (Money wise) and are the drinks going to be on special offers just for us guys? and is gat crasher entry included in the donation?

Cheers
30 quid? The special offers usually aren't so special. Gatecrasher entry is guaranteed usually if you get in by 11pm
BirdieUK
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll probably be going. somehow getting the tickets lol.

Say hi if u see me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.52%
No (740)
72.48%

Watched Threads