Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    Just to get into Hatfield? That's pretty ridiculous. Lots of people get reallocated to different colleges and almost all of them are really happy with where they end up.
    Since they built Butler people coming to Aidans that don't want to be here have really messed up the place.

ReputationRep:
    Well I doubt I shall be amongst them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    a selective fee-paying school, where your parents have to have a spare £25,000 a year to send you to?
    That one.
    As in, your taxes don't cover the costs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    just accepted Durham Hatfield as my firm for PPE

bring it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noddy1)
    Well travelling was at the back of my mind anyway and really did not like the look of St Aidan's when I went up there, whereas I thought that Hatfield had a much better atmosphere.
    what didn't you like about st aidan's? i loved it when i looked around...it's just a shame it's on the other side of the city from my lectures!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    what didn't you like about st aidan's? i loved it when i looked around...it's just a shame it's on the other side of the city from my lectures!

Not a particularly traditional college I felt (i.e. lack of formals/gowns etc.)...I'm sure it's a college which is well suited to a lot of people though.

ReputationRep:
    i got a hatfield offer! yeah!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey got an offer from hatfield today (history and modern langauges) so thought I'd come and say hi!

3As at AH... pressure is definitely on!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys going to the open days and what days are you going on?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know - are we meant to wait to get details through the post or do we just call/e-mail and book a place? Could someone who got an offer a while ago explain?

I would love to go if possible though!

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer ages ago and then got a letter a few months later but since the open days are on 23/24 +24/25 March you'll probably get yours very soon. It just tells you the programme for the 2 days-the college open day is the first day and then the departmental open day. It's pretty much what on here: http://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/visits/

under post application open days

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.