What's it like in Canada? Watch

Creepy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've booked my flights to Toronto for Dec 30th! I'm staying with family in Port Hope then going to see some friends and a Leafs game! Go Leafs Go!
KirstyK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Creepy)
I've booked my flights to Toronto for Dec 30th! I'm staying with family in Port Hope then going to see some friends and a Leafs game! Go Leafs Go!
lol maybe by next year the Leafs might actually start to play decent. They need help. Desperately.
Creepy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KirstyK)
lol maybe by next year the Leafs might actually start to play decent. They need help. Desperately.
Indeed, but it is my dream to see a NHL game live!
KirstyK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Indeed, but it is my dream to see a NHL game live!
lol. do you play hockey in England?
Creepy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lol. do you play hockey in England?
Yes. Well... I try to :P

I referee too, i've reached the dizzying heights of Semi-Pro. But of a minority sport I guess it's not that exciting
KirstyK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes. Well... I try to :P

I referee too, i've reached the dizzying heights of Semi-Pro. But of a minority sport I guess it's not that exciting
Oh dear. I sincerely hope you're better than the folks I saw playing hockey last time I was in Scotland. :redface:
Creepy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh dear. I sincerely hope you're better than the folks I saw playing hockey last time I was in Scotland. :redface:
Depends. I've only been playing for 2 years, and properly skating for an equal amount of time. Chances are i'm not better
KirstyK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends. I've only been playing for 2 years, and properly skating for an equal amount of time. Chances are i'm not better
:-p If you can make your passes connect and skate like you're not in pain then you'd be ahead of the Murrayfield Racers. I felt embarassed for them and for my Daddy who had coached their club (successfully) for a couple of seasons in the '90s
ycang
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I always thought Canada was a nice, albeit slightly duller version of America. Like everything's more mundane, and also cleaner, safer, stuff like that. I'm in Asia so I've got no first-hand experience of the country. So imagine the shock I got when I saw www.notcanada.com

The webby makes Canada seem like an immigration hellhole.
KirstyK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ycang)
I always thought Canada was a nice, albeit slightly duller version of America. Like everything's more mundane, and also cleaner, safer, stuff like that. I'm in Asia so I've got no first-hand experience of the country. So imagine the shock I got when I saw www.notcanada.com

The webby makes Canada seem like an immigration hellhole.
Interesting website...
I would say slightly overdone and exaggerated. Many of the facts they use are only relevant to Ontario. Some of the facts are also outdated, but the valid point about obtaining work in professional fields is accurate. I myself am planning on obtaining a law degree in England, and this would not allow me to practice in Canada upon completion. I would need to do a great number of conversion courses in order to be approved by the Law Society of Canada
ycang
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are you Canadian? Hmm I guess you'd be better off studying in your country if you wanted to practise there. But law in the UK is probably more lucrative and the universities usually more reputable.
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
UK IS a piece of crap go to IRELAND, IRELAND RULES.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (53)
98.15%
No (1)
1.85%

Watched Threads