Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brak3n)
    I thought you said you worked for the accommodation services? :confused:
    I do, doing tours of Howden and the Edge not anything major.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Haha! Yeah I've heard there have been alot of complaints about Crewe. I think they're still deciding what to do with it at the moment because when Ranmoor reopens they won't really need it.
    Oh really? I didn't realise. I mean, it's bad because things keep breaking but the building from the outside is beautiful and it has tennis courts, close to uni etc. so it's not *that* bad. Like, it's probably better than Endcliffe Vale (although The Vale is better socially and it has baths!).

ReputationRep:
    TBH I'd rather be in Crewe than around The Edge, whenever I'm around there it is more like a playground than students' accommodation haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8EnglishRoses)
    Oh really? I didn't realise. I mean, it's bad because things keep breaking but the building from the outside is beautiful and it has tennis courts, close to uni etc. so it's not *that* bad. Like, it's probably better than Endcliffe Vale (although The Vale is better socially and it has baths!).
    Yes I agree, its probably not as bad as they make out. Obviously its alot less popular than lots of the newer accomodation at the moment, so I think they are thinking of ways to make it more appealing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pretz)
    TBH I'd rather be in Crewe than around The Edge, whenever I'm around there it is more like a playground than students' accommodation haha
    Its not so bad! I kind of agree with the Playground thing, but only to an extent.
    I think Froggat, Howden are definately some of the louder blocks but it seems quite peaceful down by Millstone...

ReputationRep:
    Its very quiet down the bottom end! Do kinda like it but it means we miss things like the huge snowball fight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulu_dudette)
    Its very quiet down the bottom end! Do kinda like it but it means we miss things like the huge snowball fight!
    Where are you living??

ReputationRep:
    Rivelin D block!

ReputationRep:
    I think Froggat, Howden are definately some of the louder blocks but it seems quite peaceful down by Millstone...
    Froggatt till I die!!! :tongue: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulu_dudette)
    Rivelin D block!
    Oh right! Is that down by Millstone. I get so confused as to where all these places are!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree, its probably not as bad as they make out. Obviously its alot less popular than lots of the newer accomodation at the moment, so I think they are thinking of ways to make it more appealing!
    Is it a lot less popular? I actually requested to be in Crewe because I thought it was nicer. Rooms are certainly a lot bigger and it's cheaper. Not en suite but plenty of showers so I only actually share with one other person and it gets cleaned for you every week.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right! Is that down by Millstone. I get so confused as to where all these places are!!
    You didn't happen to be sliding down that road near the edge weds night , ~3 by any chance? As I overtook a group of people I'm sure I heard someone say mollymustard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippy_gerbil)
    You didn't happen to be sliding down that road near the edge weds night , ~3 by any chance? As I overtook a group of people I'm sure I heard someone say mollymustard!
    Oh my god! I was. I was actually speaking to Tom McDowell who also uses this site.
    How odd. You should have said hello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8EnglishRoses)
    Is it a lot less popular? I actually requested to be in Crewe because I thought it was nicer. Rooms are certainly a lot bigger and it's cheaper. Not en suite but plenty of showers so I only actually share with one other person and it gets cleaned for you every week.
    Yes I think it is the fact its not En Suite and near the edge that make it less popular. Aparently thats what most accomodation applicants want according to accom and campus services.
    Its silly for them to say that though, as I think everyone has different tastes etc.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! I was. I was actually speaking to Tom McDowell who also uses this site.
    How odd. You should have said hello
    Haha, I was going to, but as I turned back I started to slip and got distracted! :tongue: Thinking about it.. you don't happen to know Sean from Howden do you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was going to, but as I turned back I started to slip and got distracted! :tongue: Thinking about it.. you don't happen to know Sean from Howden do you?
    Sean? C3? He does Comp Sci?

ReputationRep:
    Sean? C3? He does Comp Sci?
    Yeah thats the one, he's on my course. Think he mentioned a Molly once, something about cooking maybe? Small world eh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats the one, he's on my course. Think he mentioned a Molly once, something about cooking maybe? Small world eh.
    Cooking??
    I don't think it would have been about cooking. I'm mates with his flatmate Emily, don't know him that well but I see him around abit.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think it is the fact its not En Suite and near the edge that make it less popular. Aparently thats what most accomodation applicants want according to accom and campus services.
    Its silly for them to say that though, as I think everyone has different tastes etc.
    That is silly! I also think the maps are misleading...yeah Crewe and Stephenson aren't right outside The Edge, it's like a two minute walk! We have our own laundry room as well so we don't have to carry it over there. Oh wells I still think Crewe is ****, btw. Just not as bad as people make it out to be!

ReputationRep:
    I had no clue my drunken ramble would cause such a discussion!

I'm glad we've all got talking and definately think we should all meet up for a coffee.

Or a drunken chat by the pond at stupid o'clock in the morning hey 01rorlin???

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.