Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You lot are just too harsh. My mate happens to be someone who is involved in harry potter and it shits me about what you people say about the actors playing there. I know its you're opinions but still..that's really ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan_sCP)
    You lot are just too harsh. My mate happens to be someone who is involved in harry potter and it shits me about what you people say about the actors playing there. I know its you're opinions but still..that's really ****ed up.
    we aren't saying every actor is bad, just some of them.

ReputationRep:
    Ok! I've read some of your reasons why you hate Harry Potter so much and I agree with them all. Or at least I once did, I used to hate him, and the books. I was like, so what it's just another childrens book. I ****ged them off, and wondered why so many people liked them. Then i thought , What is so good about these stories? Why are so many people reading them? The reviews were astonishing, but still I didn't want to read them. Until my mums partener lent me a copy of The Philosaphers Stone, for me to read whilst on holiday. WELL, it was quite hard to get into at first, but once i'd started i couldn't put it down. It was the most original and interesting story i've ever read. It took me away to this complete fantasy land, that you could really picture in your mind.
    For me the films are a let down, as it ruins the images that i had created in my mind. I have seen all the films, and i have to say that of all the characters in them the best likeness to my imagination, was Dobby the house elf. The rest just didn't quite match up!
    So for all you cinics out there I say don't **** it off until you've at least attempted to read the first two chapters of The Philosaphers Stone.
    Then if you still aren't impressed then fair enough you're entitled to your own oppinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    we aren't saying every actor is bad, just some of them.
    Oh yeah i know that. Im just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow^Bird)
    Ok! I've read some of your reasons why you hate Harry Potter so much and I agree with them all. Or at least I once did, I used to hate him, and the books. I was like, so what it's just another childrens book. I ****ged them off, and wondered why so many people liked them. Then i thought , What is so good about these stories? Why are so many people reading them? The reviews were astonishing, but still I didn't want to read them. Until my mums partener lent me a copy of The Philosaphers Stone, for me to read whilst on holiday. WELL, it was quite hard to get into at first, but once i'd started i couldn't put it down. It was the most original and interesting story i've ever read. It took me away to this complete fantasy land, that you could really picture in your mind.
    For me the films are a let down, as it ruins the images that i had created in my mind. I have seen all the films, and i have to say that of all the characters in them the best likeness to my imagination, was Dobby the house elf. The rest just didn't quite match up!
    So for all you cinics out there I say don't **** it off until you've at least attempted to read the first two chapters of The Philosaphers Stone.
    Then if you still aren't impressed then fair enough you're entitled to your own oppinion.
    THANK YOU. You see, for some of you Harry Potter Critics, you say that you read the first few chapters in Philosaphers Stone and then gave up cos it was boring. But most fans think the first chapters are boring. I agree with Yellow^Bird. Don't knock the books till you read at least one of them all the way through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    THANK YOU. You see, for some of you Harry Potter Critics, you say that you read the first few chapters in Philosaphers Stone and then gave up cos it was boring. But most fans think the first chapters are boring. I agree with Yellow^Bird. Don't knock the books till you read at least one of them all the way through.
    Ok, I'm new to this site and I have to say I agree with you. I've read Dickens, Hemmingway, Shakespeare, Wharton and tons others and loved them, but have yet to find a series as addictive as Harry Potter. The only reason I read it in the first place was b/c my sister got me The Chamber of Secrets for my birthday and I wanted to be polite. I also want to say that I absolutely detest the stupid movies and they kill all the good lines. I'm sorry Richard Harris died and all, but he was so far away from Dumbledore's character that that was the worst part in the movies (even worse than Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, who is one of the preppiest people I've seen on screen for a long time). It amazes me that somebody so obviously pro-imagination as Rowling chooses to screw up her books. It forces me to question the validity of her beliefs in her own world.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.