I'm voting Conservative, here's why.. Watch

Halle Burton
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well tell them what you do like and i'm sure they'll come up with a scheme! *hopelessly optimistic*
WhatTheFunk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i like the part when they will fail and everyone will see them for there true colours
usainlightning
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by NEVERYOUMIND)
If you want lower taxes, vote LibDem. The LibDems are the only party calling for lower taxes on working and middle class people. incase your wondering, they'l fund the revenue deficit this would create by taxing the rich more, closing tax avoidance loopholes which cost this country BILLIONS (far far more than benefit frauds), and by getting tid of all wasteful spending.
You CANNOT punish success. There should be a flat rate of tax so everyone pays the same proportin of there wealth then it is fair.
jaz_jaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
as soon as I read the first line, I knew it was rubbish
Jacck
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by duke5)
The Conservatives, always a family-business party, will once more make Britain the place to do business, making small businesses able to run themselves without ANY state intervention. The Tory party is the party of free entrepreneurism, innovation and wealth creation.
No government intervention? By the very nature of the current recession, I can't see why you would vote Conservative on this basis. A credit crunch is very much a collapse of confidence in the economy, and, as we have seen, the tweaking of interest rates alone isn't going to fix things. Despite the bonuses issues, I believe at a time like this (and let's face it, the economy as a whole is far more significant an issue than any of the other matters you've listed) heavy fiscal policy is pretty much a necessity. A 'family-business party' may sound appealing to you, but I believe that such ideals are just not relevant today.
unholyteddy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have always been a Tory and a libertarian- however I disagree with some of their policies (mainly the Middle East.) I like how they emphasise of living within ones' needs, not relying on benefits and making sure children grow up with aspirations.

In this time of heightened anxiety, the Conservatives emphasise the importance of civil liberties amongst anything else. However, I am worried if they do not fulfill their policies about immigration, the far right will rise even further. Some people might think more 'drastic' actions need to be taken- and this REALLY worries me.
epitaph for my heart
Report 9 years ago
national pride will only be restored by a good government and prosperous times.. it's a vacant plug for the conservatives

as for helping small businesses? meh. The Labour superstate does need to be dismantled a bit.. targets, taxes, employee safeguards etc could be better focused on larger companies, like they have in Australia. The cons of course aren't going to deliver anything like that in a million years - they've been even more glued to the ear of big business than the current lot

I'm looking forward to not having a billion new stupid laws to wade through, but at the same time worried about the stagnation the cons will prob bring to the law.

also you make cameron sound a bit neo-conservative. I hope and pray that he doesn't become a GWB.. oh God nah I could never vote conservative. If I can be arsed I'll try to read what voting liberal democrat entails.. if all else fails I vote labour in for another term, they were... ok. Like a good conservative this "change change change" mantra doesn't quite cut it for me.
Albertros
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Originally Posted by duke5
The Conservatives will enforce stricter controls on immigration, firstly dealing with the inhumane treatment of unsustainable numbers of asylum seekers living in horrific conditions, thanks to a deceitful belief that they'd find a new life in Britain. Secondly by stopping the UK becoming the hub of all of Europe's migrants looking for unskilled work. Common sense will prevail, it is not an issue of race in 2009, it is an issue of services, and supply and demand. Those with the skills the economy need will be welcomed in Britain, and Labour's lax policy on immigration has led to grave social tensions and the rise of the BNP.

Mate get your economic theory sorted before you come preaching about the ills of unchecked migration. Migration is good thing!

With all theoretical economic models concerning the effects of migration the consensus is that factors such as: education, outsourcing, demographic and technological change have far FAR greater effects on our economy and wages than does the number of migrants we admit.

Also please do not say that the number of asylum seekers is 'unsustainable'. In 2004 the UK had 40,202 applications (The data is limited to applications only and does not represent the number of persons who were granted asylum or resettled.) Out of a population of 6.1 million is that really very many? You may also wish to consider why these people are asylum seekers. They are most likely fleeing persecution not pursuing a 'deceitful belief'.

You claim that this is not an issue of race but your language carries with it the slight hint of xenophobia and nationalism (just a hint) so I wonder what would appear where anyone to scratch just below your surface, A bit of racisism, perhaps? What is our national identity mate, come on give me a clue?
Creepy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by duke5)
David Cameron
I'm not voting Conservative, that is why.
duke5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Albertros)
Mate get your economic theory sorted before you come preaching about the ills of unchecked migration. Migration is good thing!

With all theoretical economic models concerning the effects of migration the consensus is that factors such as: education, outsourcing, demographic and technological change have far FAR greater effects on our economy and wages than does the number of migrants we admit.

Also please do not say that the number of asylum seekers is 'unsustainable'. In 2004 the UK had 40,202 applications (The data is limited to applications only and does not represent the number of persons who were granted asylum or resettled.) Out of a population of 6.1 million is that really very many? You may also wish to consider why these people are asylum seekers. They are most likely fleeing persecution not pursuing a 'deceitful belief'.

You claim that this is not an issue of race but your language carries with it the slight hint of xenophobia and nationalism (just a hint) so I wonder what would appear where anyone to scratch just below your surface, A bit of racisism, perhaps? What is our national identity mate, come on give me a clue?
Shut. Up.

Fool.
Albertros
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by duke5)
Shut. Up.

Fool.
come on Duke let me have it then. show me that i am wrong.
duke5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
You're truly not worth my effort.

You're figures aren't even pretending to be realistic.
Albertros
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by duke5)
You're truly not worth my effort.

You're figures aren't even pretending to be realistic.
Yes duke they are realistic. They are taken from the data compiled by the 'migration policy institute' which is a independent international organisation. They are not just government figures but averages of all reasonable figures available. Please start on me, give me your sources. I am so sick of people blowing the immigration issue out of all proportion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.3%
No - I got the required grades (123)
57.21%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.49%

Watched Threads