Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Most Jews believe that you can be a Jew without following the Semite religion, this is probably because, as the Jews' current country is very new for them, they don't see themselves as Israelis, rather as Jews, Judaism is now more than a religion.
    something i didn't know about the jewish faith is that, you wouldn't be allowed to convert to the faith, exceptions being if you have judaism in your blood, this would mean, that the percentage of jews in the world, is really low right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    something i didn't know about the jewish faith is that, you wouldn't be allowed to convert to the faith, exceptions being if you have judaism in your blood, this would mean, that the percentage of jews in the world, is really low right?
    I didn't know that hey don't allow conversions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I didn't know that hey don't allow conversions.
    i only found that out recently, your'e only allowed to convert if its in your blood, quite interesting really, apparently its because they believe that they are the chosen people

ReputationRep:
    i only found that out recently, your'e only allowed to convert if its in your blood, quite interesting really, apparently its because they believe that they are the chosen people
    Sorry, but you're very wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mandrake)
    Sorry, but you're very wrong.
    really am i? are you sure, cos a teacher of mine was saying, could you let me know why i'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    really am i? are you sure, cos a teacher of mine was saying, could you let me know why i'm wrong
    What teacher said that? I hope their subject wasn't religious studies.

Anyone can convert to Judaism, just it's a very difficult religion to keep and Rabbis will put people off unless they are sure they want to convert. Men have to be circumcised to actually become a part of the jewish religion.

For your information there are about 8-12 million jews in the whole world.

ReputationRep:
    What teacher said that? I hope their subject wasn't religious studies.

Anyone can convert to Judaism, just it's a very difficult religion to keep and Rabbis will put people off unless they are sure they want to convert. Men have to be circumcised to actually become a part of the jewish religion.

For your information there are about 8-12 million jews in the whole world.
    It was actually a religious studies teacher, i'm sorry if i've offended you in any way, are you a jew? i know that boys have to be circumsised its like islam. sorry again!

ReputationRep:
    It was actually a religious studies teacher, i'm sorry if i've offended you in any way, are you a jew? i know that boys have to be circumsised its like islam. sorry again!
    It's ok, i'm not offended. It's quite worrying that a religious studies teacher told you that. For the record, yes i happen to be jewish.

ReputationRep:
    you are allowed to convert- studyed judaism a year ago- it's like confirmation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    you are allowed to convert- studyed judaism a year ago- it's like confirmation
    I'm sorry to everyone, my mistake, blame my teacher actually, teachers giving the wrong messages out nowadays is appauling :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to everyone, my mistake, blame my teacher actually, teachers giving the wrong messages out nowadays is appauling :mad:
    no worries

ReputationRep:
    I think the Jewish race (as opposed to Judaism, the religion of the Jewish race) is matrilineal - you are born a Jew if your mother is a Jew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    I think the Jewish race (as opposed to Judaism, the religion of the Jewish race) is matrilineal - you are born a Jew if your mother is a Jew.
    yes- because you can be sure who the mother is but not the father

ReputationRep:
    Hadn't thought of it like that. That's interesting. So it's just a way of ensuring at least 50% Jewishness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    Hadn't thought of it like that. That's interesting. So it's just a way of ensuring at least 50% Jewishness?
    yes

Didn't Jesus have that problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf)
    Didn't Jesus have that problem?
    rofl- yes he probably did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    You'd be absolutely correct in saying that.

ReputationRep:
    That's tripe!! You can be jewish and black.
    The reason why I say jesus would have looked jewish, like the jewish do today, is because the jewish faith is a closed one as they view themselves as a chosen people. Therefore it follows that the jews of today would look similar to the jews of jesus' time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    interesting, was he?
    does it matter-his teachings/views whatever won't change if he was,
    but it'd be cool if in the future they find out he was black and then all these movies hollywood etc. make with him being white would be wrong. hehehe

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.