Do you know any female students that dont wear make up? Watch

__Katy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't. Definitely not to school, and only a bit on special occasions.
Vampyrcorn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I never did at sixth form, I only really started to wear make-up regularly during the day in my 3rd year of uni (unless i was visiting my boyfriend, I would always wear a little bit then). Hardly any of the girls at my sixth form did.
I don't wear a lot though, just a little bit of foundation and some mascara.
On a night out I will use 'better' foundation and 'better' mascara and eye liner and blusher. It makes me look way nicer lol.

2 of my really good friends at uni don't wear any make-up. With one of them I hadn't even noticed, she has great skin and nice eye lashes so I didn't realise til I got to know her well and she told me.
It annoys me when she makes derogatory comments about people who wear make-up because most people don't look as good as her so it's easy for her to sit back and be all superior about it. :p:

Most girls do of course wear make-up, but there are definitely a few who don't.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't wear make-up :nah:
arukas
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
i don't either. I have quite a nice skin, no spot ever, so dont really need it. And also it takes me ages to make up. But I may do some practices this summer. It is necessart rite? Anyway, I do notice that most of Asian girls do not wear make up which kinda strange!
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by leesmith69)
It makes me think.... girls thousands of years ago must have felt so ugly :p:
Because makeup was clearly invented in the 1960s....
Romystarr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im really surprised at this tbh. i thought makeup was alot more common...

i wear foundation, eyeliner, 2-3 colours of eyeshadow, sometimes liuid eyeliner and mascara. it sounds like a lot, but im really good at using it so it takes me around 7 minutes. it makes me feel confident and more like myself... i love my dramatic eyes.

i guess ive got kinda dependant on it, but whats wrong with that if we;re comfortable? i know a few girls who dont wear it. and i know alot of girls who wear it badly. but as long as it makes you feel comfortable, whats the problem?

ps. no im not a drag queen ha!
chloecouture
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know a few who never wear make up, but there the sort who dont really care, and i envy them for not actually caring what they look like.
I only wear a bit of mascara for sixth form as i dont normally have time in the morning for full make up and it lets my skin breathe a bit before the weekend.
Katieloula
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wear make up every time I go out, because I have very slight scars on my face, I just wear a thin base of tinted moisturiser and some powder, because I have naturally oily skin, and mascara because my eyelashes are naturally blonde. Obviously I put on more for a night out
xfeelingthis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mmm during the day I do tend to wear make-up, but not very much... takes me about 7 minutes maximum, just like to have a wee bit of concealer, swipe of blusher, highlighter and mascara and sometimes eyeliner. If my skin's particularly good then I'd just wear mineral make-up or nothing on my skin.
I like to think I'm quite good at applying it though and I do use very little, I hate feeling like I'm caked!
On a night out I'd always take more time, I like to do dramatic eye make-up =]

On topic, there are maybe a handful of girls in my year who don't wear any make-up, but for the most part we all do wear make-up but go for a natural, fresh look.
tea_cakes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wear make up to cover up my awful scarred skin because it makes me feel more confident. I know a lot of girls that don't wear make up on a daily basis and they always look fantastic. If I could get away with not wearing it then I would!
~*Horse_Mad*~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by leesmith69)
Now i'm not sure what age to start at, as so many girls in year 7 are wearing make up now.
But i guess its aimed more at college/ uni students, have you ever seen a girl not wearing make up?

I'm at uni and have only seen a couple of girls not wearing make up, and one of those girls usually does and was just having a "lazy" day.

It makes me think.... girls thousands of years ago must have felt so ugly :p:
I dont wear make-up as a.) I'm allergic to lots of it lol, and b.) Although I wouldn't class myself as "pretty" I'm proud that I look like the most signifigant members of my family, and I dont think I have a reason to hide away behind loads of "slap" as I know I'm not horrendously ugly either (at least, I hope I'm not lol) and I'm lucky enough not to have to worry about hiding anything about my face anyway, as I've been badly bullied in the past and have learnt that looks arent everything it's who you are that really counts
NCIShippo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The OP on this thread will give you an answer I'm sure!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=918679

On topic - I don't wear makeup to college - partly to having been allergic to a few of the ingredients and it being expensive - I know a few girls that don't, and a few that go overboard with it so they appear orange, with a line under their chin!
screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wear make up but I have given up on wearing it to work. After a ten hour shift theres nothing left and it just greases up your face and gives you spots. I find it a bit sad to think "girls before makeup must have felt so ugly" - no, thats what they are SUPPOSED to look like, you've just been brainwashed!
azn-wonder91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
erm 2 months ago i realised i was wearing far too much makeup and when i got compliments i felt like people were complimenting someone else..not me lol weird i know
so yeah after tht i stopped wearing makeup to college and only wear some when i go out.
it's done wonders to my skin and now when people compliment me it makes me feel good and not guilty lol but tbh there's nothing wrong with a bitta makeup
Hexasol
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wear concealer, powder and mascara.

I wear the powder because my face is actually purple and pink.
Hexasol
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And I know a few girls who don't wear it but I don't actually notice because they don't need it, but most girls I know (but don't particularly like) go OTT, and are always late for school because they're putting on orange makeup.

Also this girl I knew didn't come into school one day because she had a spot. Srsly.
vintage_007
Report 9 years ago
I wear make-up to college only if I can be arsed on the way there in the car - but that's about once every two weeks I guess. Even then I wear a tiny bit of base powder and some lipstick and that's it. I'm constantly being told by my sis that I don't need to wear make-up and most of the time, my friends don't even register that I'm not wearing any

I think girls who can get away with minimal or no make-up are much more attractive, but I don;t have a problem with those who wear it either - it's all about what you're comfortable with.

Personally, if I suddenyl aquired a boyfriend, maybe I'd wear make-up a little more often, but my main reason for not wearing loads is that I don't ever want a guy to wake-up next to me and wonder who I am without make-up
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Almost every day, excluding eyeliner.
Bleurgh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I only wear mascara - I don't like the idea of foundation, and I just find that it clogs up my skin. I guess I'm quite lucky in that I don't really get spots that much.

I would wear eyeliner but I'm terrible at putting it on haha!
Lauren__x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can not begin to understand why any girl would not want to wear make up.
If its applied properly it can make anyone look so much better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise