Official E3 Discussion Thread Watch

callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sultanp)
It may look ugly but this redesign makes it more of a portable console. The older models were consoles that happened to be portable.
How does it make it more of a portable console?
G550NDH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wait till tuesday ! we will find out then !
yoyo462001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BackDoorEntry)
LOL that looks ****.

Why fix something that aint broke.. they should have just upgraded the specs and screen of the psp instead of uglify it
The reason for a new PSP is because of the DS and because they wanted to make it with no UMD drive hence on on digital media works. This is because the piracy rates on the PSP are astronomical, theres 50 million psp's out there but it has not once entered the top 10 selling games in the US for about a year now.
yoyo462001
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by callum9999)
Now you dont need to carry umds with you. hence more portable.
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
Oh I see what you mean (not that carrying UMDs is much of a hassle to me). They could have kept the PSP the same shape though.

And presumably the digital download games released for this new model will work on the old ones as well, so its not really much more portable.
Bong-Bong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All these new PSP models confuse me.

Is this the PSP-2, then?

Doesn't really matter to me though, I'm staying with my PSP-1000 until one of us dies.
BackDoorEntry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
They should move their game online. Sell an (ordinary looking) psp with about 120gb hard drive and an expansion slot, then create an online store for downloadable packs of games. Like action packs, racing packs..
yoyo462001
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bong-Bong)
All these new PSP models confuse me.

Is this the PSP-2, then?

Doesn't really matter to me though, I'm staying with my PSP-1000 until one of us dies.
Yes and No. Its psp go but its but a big revamp like the DS fat to Ds lite
Sultanp
Report 9 years ago
It's much smaller than before. It also weighs less, too. The original PSP was way too big.

(Original post by BackDoorEntry)
They should move their game online. Sell an (ordinary looking) psp with about 120gb hard drive and an expansion slot, then create an online store for downloadable packs of games. Like action packs, racing packs..
That's EXACTLY what they've done. (apart from the 120GB hard drive)
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's much smaller than before. It also weighs less, too. The original PSP was way too big.

That's EXACTLY what they've done. (apart from the 120GB hard drive)
Didn't look significantly smaller than the PSP-3000 in the video. And its not exactly what they've done - how can you describe that as "normal looking"? Open, it looks nothing like a normal PSP.
Sultanp
Report 9 years ago
Didn't look significantly smaller than the PSP-3000 in the video. And its not exactly what they've done - how can you describe that as "normal looking"? Open, it looks nothing like a normal PSP.
I never described it as "normal looking".
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I never described it as "normal looking".
Well you quoted someone who said they should have made it look like an ordinary PSP and replied "thats EXACTLY what they've done".
Sultanp
Report 9 years ago
Well you quoted someone who said they should have made it look like an ordinary PSP and replied "thats EXACTLY what they've done".
Oops, misread that bit. Well you can download games (legally) already on the PSP.
Sultanp
Report 9 years ago

Don't know how accurate this picture is....
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oops, misread that bit. Well you can download games (legally) already on the PSP.
That was my point. You can already download them so a redesign isn't necessary for that feature (you could replace the UMD drive with a Hard drive though).

I don't know about you, but the decrease in size between those two models isn't significant enough to me to suddenly think its noticeably more portable. I'd be more concerned about the smaller screen as the PSP's screen is one of its best features in my opinion.

Fair enough if you prefer it though, just have to agree to disagree!
Sultanp
Report 9 years ago
I don't know about you but the current PSP is way too bulky - I really do struggle to fit it into my pocket.
darkos87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think it's a great idea to stop every idiot who has pirated games on the psp and killed the psp for a year... god of war chains of olympus selling 33,000 copies... what a shame.
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know about you but the current PSP is way too bulky - I really do struggle to fit it into my pocket.
I may be underestimating the size difference then? I only have the original PSP and yes that is too bulky, I've just been waiting for this announcement to decide whether to get the 3000 series or the new one.
nishantkhataniar
Report 9 years ago
Is the screen smaller?
Magnanimity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Where is the other analog stick :mad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads