notes to the examiner. Watch

a-complete-ledge
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
for my general studies i only got halfway through the paper as i was ill so i wrote "hey, was ill so only did half the questions but would have probably got an A otherwise, cheers"
now im worried he/she will give me a U!
spoony2oo8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my friend has drawn a farm in his maths exam because he did not know what to do

not really a note but just thought i'd share
froggy246
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In my GCSE maths exam I finished early and noticed someone had kindly left chewing gum on my seat which had then become stuck onto my skirt. So when I was waiting for the exam to finish I wrote a long rant on my paper about how I was now going to wait for the exam to finish by picking chewing gum off my skirt Haa I got an A in the end so I guess it didn't do any harm!

In other exams when I haven't been able to answer the question i've quite frequently just put a '' where the answer was meant to be
Luca118
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was doing an AS Science course that is brand new this year with my GCSE's and because there were no past papers revision wasn't exactly easy as there was no way to expect the type of questions coming up, and when your surrounded GCSE papers and you have two AS Papers it's hard to know what sort of depth is needed..

Anyway, we had this really badly worded question so I just wrote "I know this is a new course so for future reference this is quite a complicated question to understand as there aren't any similiar ones we have been able to practice"

Something like that
robert_ewbank
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm going to write a note in my next exam...I hope my examiner has a good sense of humor!
The Dux
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wrote a little note of thanks and something about how dire my teacher was in my Biology exam.
sweetdarling
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've never done it. In uni once this lecturer was like oh god please don't write any 'funny' messages at the end of your exam - we'll think you're an arse. Especially in uni where it's possible someone that knows you/you will get to know will be marking it. Fair enough in school exams, but still, i find it a bit weird.
kaliedoscope
Report 9 years ago
I really want to do this now.
fishpie57
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Besides correcting all the 'sulfuric' acids to 'sulphuric' acids in chemistry, I did get annoyed with a physics exam which said after applying the breaks, the resistance to motion was unchanged. Surely the whole point of applying the breaks is to increase resistance to motion?

Yeah, the examiner got a bit of an essay on that one... :s
Tefhel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No way, I'd never even considered it before this thread, sounds like an odd thing to do. It'd just sound like you are sucking up to the examiner to try and scrounge marks IMO.
Nativeenglish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I somehow turned my general studies paper into something personal. And yeah, it wasn't nice, so I won't go into it, but I hope the examiner marking my paper didn't actually have kids.
xxcherry-popxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Onion Terror)
"My future is dependent on the mood you're in as you're marking this"
haha thats very very true!
Kiwiguy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i swear i only got my maths GCSE as i wrote a begging letter at the bottom of my paper, and wished him a happy holidays at the end.

At college, my teacher was telling me about one person in her year when she was taking her A2's (or whatever they were back in the stone age) that someone wrote a note on the bottom of the paper, where it said DO NOT WRITE HERE and as a result the paper was given an X.

Made me chuckle..
azn-wonder91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
this is AS physics but i drew a picture of a tiger and wrote "you must be gettin bored mr/miss examiner so here's a picture to cheer you up" hehe
in general studies i wrote something like "this was pointless but here's some INTERESTING revision" and made a load of psychology notes.
bambii
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Spongebob*No*Pants)
Many have and it's an unbelievable experience
I just did :P I like the pink haired troll whatsit
It does look like me, my hair is shockingly messy today!
obscurename
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I accidently missed a page in the answer booklet so I wrote a heartfelt apology on the page.
parfait-ego
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did today, its an achievement.
Tishy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
'i know people...'
*Hannah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol, how many spoilers can you get in one sig :P

On topic, I always find it funny to write notes in French on random, un-important Latin tests - mainly because my teacher spends half of his life telling me how **** french is. I've never written anything on a real exam though.
Spacecam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
"Dear Mr Examiner...because of this question, I have decided to become an anorexic"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.69%
No - but I will (82)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (511)
47.67%

Watched Threads