Women naturally subservient to men? Watch

username156343
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by girlbiker)
what are the disadvantages of being a man?
- Men are more likely to die or be injured for any reason
- Violence against males from females is viewed with humour in media and general society
- Males far more likely to pick up sex-linked diseases
- Expectation from society to always act with bravery and in the best interests of females
- Males reach puberty later than females leading to conflict between sexes and gap in education
- Men die earlier
- Men are expected to lead the way and confidence when encountering the opposite sex
CHRISCREAVEN1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Okay people
Im neither pro male dominance or pro feminist, I feel very strongly about equality between sexes but girls jees cmon. In the past and true not so distant past, women were oppressed quite heavily and im rather ashamed of this and truly apologetic... but only towards those that are old enough to have actually been exposed to the true patriorical male society. Im aparantly according to my sociologist at heart girlfriend and friends as one of the "new men" and i find this term, yes, endiring but to be honest its hyped up that there are so few of us new men and I think its totally untrue. The average man nowadays is made out to be an uncaring, vile, ill mannered creature with little remorse for the woes imparted on women, not to mention you guys have a very big habit of placing yourselves on a pedistal and claiming higher inteligence!. Kind of seems like a reverse is happening here no? cant count how many times I here "ugh men" or "you wouldnt understand your just a man" being said in everyday situations. Nowadays if you dissagree with a woman on any topic and i mean any topic, your most likely to be hit with the "typical man" card.
Modern society as far as i can see in the new generations is very equal. true we have extreme scenarios still eg: the UAE where women wear shawls, the treatment is terrible it disgusts me . But to be honest this whole anti men vibe existing in the western and more socially advanced world is a bit prepostorous.
In my opinion i think that most women hold onto the "ghost" of a society where men ruled. For whatever reason im not sure. This could be to make them feel empowered for fighting for a cause or simply to create excuses and reasons why they may fail in aspects of their lives (thats simply human nature im not targeting you guys). For christs sake ive heard a toddler of the age of 5 make a remark about men! Hardly think shes been declined a job due to her gender.
Its interesting to see that all the positive male behaviours dedicated to women are never questioned. We must open the door for you, walk outside the footpath, pay for outings etc etc etc ladies first If equality was so imporatnt these would pis you off aswel but nope!
Im respective and gentlemanly to women, i think its something that should be encouraged definatly!! But i swear the next time i hear that my opinion doesnt count due to MY GENDER i may accidently let go of the door handle and give the feminist freedom fighters a headache to grumble about!

Its a equal world people dont impart old grudges on this generation!
girlbiker
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rizzletastic)
- Violence against males from females is viewed with humour in media and general society
- Expectation from society to always act with bravery and in the best interests of females
- Males reach puberty later than females leading to conflict between sexes and gap in education
- Men die earlier
- Men are expected to lead the way and confidence when encountering the opposite sex
:rolleyes:
where did you the first one from?
i still think women face greater and more challenges in life
username156343
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's one of these things that are generally accepted. Are you denying it?

I disagree, you could say death and disease are more important than low wage and childbirth, but I think both sexes have a lot of **** to deal with, and we both probably have equally hard lives.
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
- Men die earlier

I would have thought that men would be less likely to pick up sexual diseases merely from the physiology.

Men have a stick which only goes up at certain times and is also used for piss.

Woman have a data collection point (to put it in a slightly odd way) where stuff can linger.

I'll GTFO now.
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It does make you wonder why men are more inclined to dominant behaviour, and women more submissive behaviour.

There is a biological element to it, definitely. And this of course is reflected in social interaction.

Of course, it could be argued that women are often more submissive because of their empathy and often passive nature. Women often care more visibly about the welfare of others, but this is not always the case due to different personalities or bad genes.
CHRISCREAVEN1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Men are also more prone to stress related health problems and diseases due to our genetic engineering. We are good at dealing with short lived high stress but prolonged stress in males leads to severe health issues wheras women use their "tend and befriend" engineering to help them cope better and thus remain healthy.
think besides the whole birth thing you guys dont have it that bad
girlbiker
Report 9 years ago

I disagree, you could say death and disease are more important than low wage and childbirth, but I think both sexes have a lot of **** to deal with, and we both probably have equally hard lives.
so basically life's awful for everyone
girlbiker
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CHRISCREAVEN1990)
Men are also more prone to stress related health problems and diseases due to our genetic engineering. We are good at dealing with short lived high stress but prolonged stress in males leads to severe health issues wheras women use their "tend and befriend" engineering to help them cope better and thus remain healthy.
think besides the whole birth thing you guys dont have it that bad
oh come on read one of the first few posts and you'll get a taste
username156343
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by N00bsicle)
I would have thought that men would be less likely to pick up sexual diseases merely from the physiology.

Men have a stick which only goes up at certain times and is also used for piss.

Woman have a data collection point (to put it in a slightly odd way) where stuff can linger.

I'll GTFO now.
Sex-linked diseases are not STI's. They are genetic diseases which feature on the X or Y chromosome.
TK2 King Pin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

i think what she's trying to say is that men have much better lives in general than women because of their awful subserviant duties
lrH5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
This thread has basically developed into a battlefield for a war between the sexes.

I was just interested on how people felt about the topic. I didn't actually quote any of my own views on the matter.

But the carnage slightly amuses/interests me. Hence it's kind of an added bonus
CHRISCREAVEN1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh come on read one of the first few posts and you'll get a taste
read my earlier post and you will have my response
username156343
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No I don't think so. Is there a point to this?
CHRISCREAVEN1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lrH5)
This thread has basically developed into a battlefield for a war between the sexes.

I was just interested on how people felt about the topic. I didn't actually quote any of my own views on the matter.

But the carnage slightly amuses/interests me. Hence it's kind of an added bonus
Lol a good healthy debate !!
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know if "subservient" is the right word, but I think women should do their best to please their husbands, and men should do their best to please their wives.
girlbiker
Report 9 years ago
as you can tell we're all very bored of revising :yep:
i love a good debate
girlbiker
Report 9 years ago
read my earlier post and you will have my response
the length of it put me off reading it
lrH5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
A debate which has turned into a riot/war

healthy? I dunno, people are getting pretty riled up by it all.
CHRISCREAVEN1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the length of it put me off reading it
"typical women" Jokes na just in rant mode and bored of work. to be honest im very laid back on the issue i just hate being drawn into the male steriotype that ive tried so hard to pull away from. Nothing makes me happier then being the reason for the smile on my girlfriends face
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads