Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I like it when you first start liking someone. But when you realise you haven't a chance and fail to get over them after however many months, it gets rubbish.

I hate being single far too much. Its been 5 months after a 3 year relationship. I'm not used to it yet ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    I kinda like being in the early stages of crushing, which is where I am right now. It's quite thrilling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Question)
    This.

I can bet my right kidney that everyone who says something along the lines of

Are people who just got out of a relationship and forgot how crushingly dulll being single is. Don't worry it'll come back.

To answer the OP yes I have a crush but there is little I can do.
    Lol... I've been single for months. And I prefer it to being in a relationship. It's not dull... can get a bit lonely, but I don't find it dull.

But maybe that's just because I'm terrible at relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    I think I'd be gnawing my arm off by then. 15 months of nothing productive is bad enough!
    If there was a January intake for what I'm going to do, I would have taken it after a 6 month break way back at the beginning of 08. This year was unplanned entirely...and yeah, you could say I'm about at the gnawing my arm off stage. Can't wait for October.

ReputationRep:
    Being single is boring. Having someone too think about when anythings unlikely to happen makes it worse.

ReputationRep:
    I try to avoid having an interest in anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressed Chick)
    Don't worry, you didn't accuse me of it, I was a bit cheesy.

I dumped him though, so maybe I shouldn't be bitter.

:hugs: Sorry for yours though- hope you find someone else, in time.
    Good on you I guess.

And thanks, plenty more girls out there, not all of them are bad, just feel crappy at the moment still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I love the feeling of fancying someone. It gives you a sense of hope I guess. I've not had anyone to fancy or crush on for a good couple of years and it's pretty crap.
    I know (it's only been a few months for me though and I'm pining for more).

I guess infatuation is like a drug.

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty happy now and I like someone, 'cos thinking of them makes me smile

The fact that we're not together and he's totally out of reach sucks (he lives ages away from me), but it makes it harmless me fancying him, which is alright I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Been single for just over 7 months.

It's nice to give and receive love- not the same when not in a relationship!

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer not being interested in anyone and being free to focus exclusively on my career.

Imagine the feeling of fancying someone but worrying about asking them out, what happens if you get rejected etc.

I'd rather the free to concentrate on things that matter and not expose myself to the possibility of being hurt, and I'm sure many would agree.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    I love the feeling of fancying someone. It gives you a sense of hope I guess. I've not had anyone to fancy or crush on for a good couple of years and it's pretty crap.
    Why are you not meeting people? I mean two years without fancying someone at all is quite a long time. My the look of your photo I bet you give amazing head as well so I really can't understand your situation.

I love a girl with all my heart and it's unrequited. I told her how I have been feeling about her in a moment of bad judgement shortly after my long term ex split up with me. I'm not sure that I'm even friends with this girl anymore. It saddens me because she means the world to me.

ReputationRep:
    when i was thinking about someone

but it doesnt bother me either way

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I love a girl with all my heart and it's unrequited. I told her how I have been feeling about her in a moment of bad judgement shortly after my long term ex split up with me. I'm not sure that I'm even friends with this girl anymore. It saddens me because she means the world to me.
    If people hadn't guessed, I was happier before telling her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Del Boy Esq)
    Why are you not meeting people? I mean two years without fancying someone at all is quite a long time. My the look of your photo I bet you give amazing head as well so I really can't understand your situation.
    I live in an area that lacks a certain 'type' of men - chavs/townies aren't my thing. Plus, these lips ain't going anywhere near that region!

ReputationRep:
    I'm single and have been so most of my life. I just don't bother with girls now, especially in my area, as they can seriously ***** your life. My friends found this out all too soon enough Uni though, I'm going to start making movements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    I'm single and have been so most of my life. I just don't bother with girls now, especially in my area, as they can seriously ***** your life. My friends found this out all too soon enough Uni though, I'm going to start making movements
    That's a good attitude.

I've always been single too (though once I did try to start a relationship). Things like unrequited love really aren't pleasant things to go through.

Much better to invest your time, energy and efforts in something you trust and that won't betray/mislead you etc. such as your hobbies (academia/sport/music/career) where you know that when you fail at a hurdle the problem is with you and it's something that can be highlighted and improved.

tk care,

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    That's a good attitude.

I've always been single too (though once I did try to start a relationship). Things like unrequited love really aren't pleasant things to go through.

Much better to invest your time, energy and efforts in something you trust and that won't betray/mislead you etc. such as your hobbies (academia/sport/music/career) where you know that when you fail at a hurdle the problem is with you and it's something that can be highlighted and improved.

tk care,

squish.
    ha! I have actually been approached a number of times, but on all occassions have given girls the wrong number or at one point i even said I'm gay (don't think they believed me though) :p:

But I think as uni comes, I'll probabaly get more promiscuous :redface:

ReputationRep:
    I live in an area that lacks a certain 'type' of men - chavs/townies aren't my thing. Plus, these lips ain't going anywhere near that region!
    Your first point is entirely valid but you don't neccesarily have to date someone who lives locally to you. I can't believe that you NEVER meet any candidates that you just might be interested in. Surely you can visit freinds in other places (therefore avoiding going out in a chav infested area lol) or better still go abroad more (no, I don't mean to a spanish resort where said chavs holiday as well I mean interesting city breaks that offer alot more etc).

Question: Do you think your stance on you last statement has any positive correlation with not meeting anyone?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.