Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Update.... just got login details from Experian

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any info on how the interest free loan works? Will the repayments be deducted before tax or after?

ReputationRep:
    After tax, it comes straight out of your salary at the pre-agreed rate. So, suppose you take all £7k over the full 36 months. 7k/36 = £194.44 per month taken out of your salary.

They call it a loan, but it is essentially just a forward payment of your salary.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right!! I'd read somewhere on this forum about the loan repayments coming out of your salary pre-tax IF the amount borrowed was less than £5k. Does anyone know if thats true or not??

ReputationRep:
    It comes out of your salary, after tax, at the pre-agreed rate; however much you borrow.

You only pay tax on the loan itself if you requested more than 5000, but even then it is only a small amount (something like 80 quid i think if you take the full 7000 - don't take my word as golden on that though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomh_83)
    Quick post here - I currently work at Deloitte and have done for almost two years so if anyone has any questions then give me a shout. I work in IAS in Tax and am also part of the graduate recruitment team.

Tom

hey Tom. Do you know how many miles will people in audit (regional office) usually do? I know you said you are in tax... but in case you know.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from a few weeks abroad and have still not received my contract. I start in just over 3 weeks and have heard absolutely nothing from Experian although i did e-mail them a consent form that i copied off the joiners website about a month ago.

Will be phoning them tomorrow to see whats going on, anyone in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    It took me a while to hear from them, I e-mailed them and got not response until I contacted the Deloitte Onboarding Team, I got a call from Experian that day.

I'm going to be starting in Tax (London) this month? Anyone else doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Tax in Manchester on Monday, but my induction is in London! Maybe we'll bump into eachother?!

To everyone else, I'm moving to Manchester tomorrow so will be without internet for a while, so good luck to everyone!!

Liz xx

ReputationRep:
    maybe we will, Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    No idea I'm afraid. It will depend where your clients are. I had a friend in Audit in the Bristol office who was doing a lot of miles - going down to Plymouth, up to Gloucester, to London now and again. I expect you will do more in the regional offices than London as your clients may be spread far and wide.

Good luck!

(Original post by triciclo)
    hey Tom. Do you know how many miles will people in audit (regional office) usually do? I know you said you are in tax... but in case you know.

Thanks

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.