Turn on thread page Beta

the importance of ones physical looks, facial scars? watch

ReputationRep:
    If it's faded, it could be quite endearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Are you kind of upset about the scar issue etc? Because I was going to say, that it doesn't hinder your appearance much. Even if it's as bad as Franck Ribery's
    His scar is nothing compared to Seal's :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    personally i dont think a scar can ruin someones looks. your facial dimensions (if that makes sense) will all be the same it will simply just add something to your face. im sure it doesnt look bad at all especially if it is covered with a fringe? and if you were starting to get serious as you said above then surely you would be pass that stage where he would mind?

i have a huge dent in my head. like quite noticable and its about 2 inches long running from my hairline down to like my eyebrows. and everyone i know says its cute and quirky. so i dont mind any more. infact ia ctually quite like it. none of my boyfriends have minded either so i dont think you should worry.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think most people would mind. Even a superficial and token "bad guy" would probably look passed it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Nope they don't bother me at all. I have one too. I was getting out the bath and I slipped on the curb of the bath tub and smashed my head on the toilet seat. It was epic.
    I fell out of the bath the other day! Slipped and hurt my ladybits on the edge of the bath then banged my head/back on the radiator/wall/toilet. Have no idea how I managed it. I did curl into a ball on the floor and cry until my boyfriend came up to see what all the racket was about

As for scars, they don't bother me at all. My boyfriend has SH scars and rather than revolting me, it makes me want to love him more. My cousin also has a scar on her forehead from where her alsation bit her, it's dead now, but her scar is still there and from what I can tell it doesn't bother her boyfriend (who is very good looking) just as my sister's boyfriend has a scar on his lip and even with that he's still a really good looking guy!

Things like this seem to bother you more than they'd bother other people. Decent people, wouldn't bother them at all

Argh.. you need to stop worrying please.
    ok, am sorry i seem to angering you here. but i aint going to worry as much, i see that there are people out there for whom scars do not matter as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok, am sorry i seem to angering you here. but i aint going to worry as much, i see that there are people out there for whom scars do not matter as much.
    Nah i'm not angry. I just want to help you as much as I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    I fell out of the bath the other day! Slipped and hurt my ladybits on the edge of the bath then banged my head/back on the radiator/wall/toilet. Have no idea how I managed it. I did curl into a ball on the floor and cry until my boyfriend came up to see what all the racket was about

As for scars, they don't bother me at all. My boyfriend has SH scars and rather than revolting me, it makes me want to love him more. My cousin also has a scar on her forehead from where her alsation bit her, it's dead now, but her scar is still there and from what I can tell it doesn't bother her boyfriend (who is very good looking) just as my sister's boyfriend has a scar on his lip and even with that he's still a really good looking guy!

Things like this seem to bother you more than they'd bother other people. Decent people, wouldn't bother them at all
    Nice story you have there. Scars are bad times when you 1st get them but after a while you get used to them. One time my friend was walking atop of some railings and he's bits got completely clipped by the metal. Tough guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissUndastood)
    His scar is nothing compared to Seal's http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    Who's Seal?

ReputationRep:
    I have a pitted scar right in the center of my forehead from where i fell off the high chair as a baby , i don't mind it though.

(Original post by oh wow)
    I've got a minor one on eyebrow leading towards my eye, from falling off my tricycle, it's pretty obvious in daylight. Then quite major one on my leg- in the shape of a lightening bolt :cool: I like it :p: and they haven't seemed to put guys off. And I like them on other people, they show character or something :p:
    i

hm, scars elsewhere on the body id be k with, i think i only say that as i think id rather have that than a facial scar. but yes they are part of who i am

ReputationRep:
    Who's Seal?
    http://wwwc.aftonbladet.se/noje/0512...al-700_368.jpg

That's Seal, British musician :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissUndastood)

That's Seal, British musician http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    Wow his face is ******. Just kidding.

ReputationRep:
    Nope they don't bother me at all. I have one too. I was getting out the bath and I slipped on the curb of the bath tub and smashed my head on the toilet seat. It was epic.
    lol, do you tell people that?

i have some on my eyebrow. it was a 'football' accident

ReputationRep:
    scars, hot, really? but what kind of scars are you talking, minor ones, or even major ones?
    He means the big fat stab wound you girls have between your legs :awesome:

On a more serious note, it's just a scar, no big deal, you'll be fine honey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    lol, do you tell people that?

i have some on my eyebrow. it was a 'football' accident
    Some times... they all laugh it off lol. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Wow his face is ******. Just kidding.
    Lol, He's got game though, still. He's married to German model Heidi Klum! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Nice story you have there. Scars are bad times when you 1st get them but after a while you get used to them. One time my friend was walking atop of some railings and he's bits got completely clipped by the metal. Tough guy!
    Haha, sorry :o:

Ouch! Sounds painful. I have a tonne of scars on my knees/legs because I can't really stand up/walk properly without falling over (it's not a medical condition I'm just dopey) and I get nervous about them. Probably why my legs are so pale! Too nervous to show them off.

ReputationRep:
    (please keep anonymous)
    im a 19year old girl, & just curious on tsr people's view on the importance of ones looks-yes ive seen there are many threads around like this but this is slightly different.
    -thing is i have a a scar on the left of my forehead, from a car accident when i was 8, its quite big, sort of like a harry potter scar, it sort of comes down and curves round, so like the edge of a quarter circle. these days i manage to cover it with a fringe, so most people don't know i have it.
    -my question is, to the guys especially, say you began going out with a girl, and you were becoming quite serious and then she told you she had this scar on her forehead, what would be your reaction? stick with her as you really liked/loved her, or because of the scar, you'd rather end it as looks are an issue?
    -and to the girls have you had any similar experiences, or got any opinions on what/how a guy would respond?
    -thank you.
    My ex gf had a scar on her face too, but to be honest I couldn't care less. And you should look for someone that don't get bothered by something so insignificant as a scar. And if it bothers him, then he doesn't deserve being with you. As simple as that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.