Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I work in a pub and when its quiet i go through the till (manager says i can keep it if i find one) a cafe in my town found 5 in their till!

ReputationRep:
    I think I gave mine to charity if I had one... saw the article later >< Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.undated20p.com/identification.html - what to look out for, in case you're unsure

ReputationRep:
    I think I have had a few in the last month but spent them not knowing but havent seen any since grrr especially bad since im like 2 grand overdrawn since I had £1000 stolen off me online and bank is refusing to return it.

ReputationRep:
    I notice there are loads of people selling normal 20p's the title "rare 20p no date on head side" and theyre selling for like £10-£30 each!!

Im getting me some of that...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: time to start looking now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    I notice there are loads of people selling normal 20p's the title "rare 20p no date on head side" and theyre selling for like £10-£30 each!!

Im getting me some of that...
    yeah some people are so dumb! Half of those sales even say in the description:

"no date on queen's head side, date on tails side is 2005" kinda thing or one even said at the bottom, not even in tiny writing:

"this is not one of the un-dated 20p coins, this is a normal 20p coins with a date on the tails side" and it still went for £10!!!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    yeah some people are so dumb! Half of those sales even say in the description:

"no date on queen's head side, date on tails side is 2005" kinda thing or one even said at the bottom, not even in tiny writing:

"this is not one of the un-dated 20p coins, this is a normal 20p coins with a date on the tails side" and it still went for £10!!!:eek:
    Ive joined in and put one of my 20p's up on ebay going on about how one side of it is undated. If it works I'll do it again. Ignorance pays.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god, I read this - then looked over to a pile of change. There was one 20p. With no date on. Looked on the website. Seems to be the real deal.

ReputationRep:
    I check every 20p i get but no success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt93)
    Raided my family's holiday fund :P found 3 :woo:
    Pics or it didn't happpen.

ReputationRep:
    I found one! So happy!

Well my dad did and gave it to me. He went to bakers and paid £15 for £10.02 worth of stuff. Instead of cancelling the 2p and giving my dad £5 change (like a decent person) they paid him all the change and in it was an undated 20p.

w00t

ReputationRep:
    They seem to be dropping in value now.

ReputationRep:
    I got excited and thought I found one since there was no date on the tails side and it had the lions thing on the back! But then I flipped it over to the queen's head and there it was: '2008' written for the world to see I shall not give in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menaa-x)

Quite a few going rather expensive
    £10,000 FOR NUMBER ONE!!!!! OMG I NEED TO FIND ONE!

ReputationRep:
    I think I heard that the main batch of them came from Cardiff, so perhaps you're more likely to find one if you live in Wales?
    I just checked the only 20p I have and it's older than I am :tongue: Seeing as the next time I'm visiting England is not until October I think my chances of finding one are slim. Though I am visiting Cardiff and the West Country then, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shenzys)
    I got excited and thought I found one since there was no date on the tails side and it had the lions thing on the back! But then I flipped it over to the queen's head and there it was: '2008' written for the world to see I shall not give in!
    I just did this lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    Apparently there was only like 500 of the dateless 20 pences ever created.
    there are an estimated 200,000 in circulation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulous_darling)
    We have a 20p jar which I raided last week. I was absolutely convinced that we'd have one considering my whole family puts every 20p they get into the jar. Didn't find a single one :sad:

The jar contained about £50 though :woo:

well that was a waste of time seeing as its only the new coins that were undated. no point lookin at any old coins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE-GREAT-ONE)
    theyre worth £50, thats all you need to know.
    Not so, one sold on ebay for £7,100

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.