The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ministerdonut
There should be an unwritten rule that snow only falls from the 24 of december and then magically clears by 2 jan.

So much agreement for that <3
Reply 781
Original post by Escriba
Hermione Granger. Ever heard of self-study?

Emma Watson is HOT!:colondollar:
Fck snow
Original post by commandant
Very deep here in the valleys in south wales, this is about the depth:

yesterday:

Holy damn.

Epic snow fights to be had then?
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Holy damn.

Epic snow fights to be had then?

the snow is fluffy, can't be shaped at the moment :frown:
Reply 785
Original post by SAK.A
Emma Watson is HOT!:colondollar:

Really? I thought you'd all be absolutely freezing with all that snow! But if I'm to take your word for it then I must also conclude that she's inhuman. There's no other explanation for it!
Reply 786
How the **** am i going to get home for xmas :frown: :frown: london is covered in snow.
I've just come in from playing in the snow! Revision can wait...
Three weeks on from the original snow, & I've got 12 inches! Woop woop! I'm happy with it now though, as there's literally no need for me to leave the house until New Year :biggrin: We have lots of food in the freezer, loads of cereal, rice, pasta, long life milk.. we're sorted :wink:
Reply 789
Can someone explain to me why the snow here in London is like tiny balls?
Like the stuff you get inside IKEA packaging :p:
Reply 790
I'm going to build another igloo :ahee:
It may look pretty but the snow is damn annoying. After watching numerous cars stopping in the middle of my road or struggling to move, I'm not going to even attempt to drive until it all clears. Which is irritating, given that there isn't much food in the house and I wanted to go shopping today.
We haven't had a single flake yet, whilst London and Norwich both under an hour away are being obliterated by snow. I'm certainly hoping it stays like this!
I travelled home for the holidays yesterday expecting Kent to be sunny and glorious in comparison to Leicester. Not only is it colder, but the snow is ridiculous. It's hard to see the other side of the street when it picks up. Perhaps most bizarrely of all, there was a bit of lightning earlier, which is pretty damn rare in a snowstorm!

On the train from Leicester to London it was weird looking at huge snow drifts in Northamptonshire and green fields in Bedfordshire. Weirdness.
(edited 13 years ago)
BAHHHH
i was meant to be going home to northern ireland today from bristol airport, when i checked the airport websites and easyjet website before leaving for the airport they said it was fine...they then sent me a cancellation email half an hour before the flight was due to depart and said do not travel to the airport...that was good communication
I'm going to be really pissed off if my flight from Glasgow to Stansted gets cancelled tomorrow!
I want to go home for the holidays!
Woah, London has been issed with the Red 'Take Action' severe weather warning! :shock:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

With 'Very Heavy Snow' expected!
Reply 797
A few inches of snow falls and half of all train services are cancelled, man I hate this country - I better be able to get to london tomorrow
Reply 798
Original post by F.I
Can someone explain to me why the snow here in London is like tiny balls?
Like the stuff you get inside IKEA packaging :p:

Ah! the little polystyrene ball kinda things are something called graupel. They are soft hail - a kind of cross between snow and hail. :/. I saw loads of these at the train station the other day and wondered what they were so I looked it up :P
Reply 799
Original post by Escriba
Really? I thought you'd all be absolutely freezing with all that snow! But if I'm to take your word for it then I must also conclude that she's inhuman. There's no other explanation for it!

Obviously she is a wizard you know. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending