Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethwalton)
    Yes I have an unconditional offer!
    Ahhh! Ok that's why you got an offer for accommodation!! I am a unconditional offer holder too! What will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got a conditional offer to study at Leicester but I'm not sure whether I should apply for uni accomodation or private.
    I've found this great place through sulet, and they make us pay for the whole year (11 months, because it's half price for the june/july or something to that effect) and it's still coming out cheaper than uni accomodation =/
    So then what should I do? Is it safe and stuff, to live in private accomodation in the first year? Also the low price worries me =/ it's ensuite and you even get the whole kitchen/TV ensemble. Why is that so?
    Oh and I don't care if it's not social. In fact, it's better if it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isitinyet?)
    I'm a first year atm living in mary gee (don't apply for it). If you have any questions just ask
    Is Mary Gee really that bad? I've put it as my first choice cause it looks closer to the campus! What's wrong with it? Little bit worried now haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greginator1995)
    Is Mary Gee really that bad? I've put it as my first choice cause it looks closer to the campus! What's wrong with it? Little bit worried now haha
    I haven't been in Mary Gee so i can't comment but from the outside it does look a little bit grotty and i doubt you will have the vibrant atmosphere of Oadby. Plus the distance why doesn't really matter as it is still twenty minutes away walking. I do have friends who really like it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunter_scfc)
    I haven't been in Mary Gee so i can't comment but from the outside it does look a little bit grotty and i doubt you will have the vibrant atmosphere of Oadby. Plus the distance why doesn't really matter as it is still twenty minutes away walking. I do have friends who really like it though.
    Oh right! I wish they'd let us go round it on the open day :/ I'll leave it as my first choice and see what happens, I might not get a room there and all my other choices are at Oadby haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greginator1995)
    Oh right! I wish they'd let us go round it on the open day :/ I'll leave it as my first choice and see what happens, I might not get a room there and all my other choices are at Oadby haha
    I wouldn't worry too much though. It is the people who you live with which make your first year incredible not the accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Hello people! I will be heading to Leicester this coming September. And I was just wondering, what do you guys think about Opal Court? I have read some of the posts you guys posted but I have never read anything about opal court though. :/. Thanks in advance for your input!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mun91)
    Hello people! I will be heading to Leicester this coming September. And I was just wondering, what do you guys think about Opal Court? I have read some of the posts you guys posted but I have never read anything about opal court though. :/. Thanks in advance for your input!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm living in Opal
    Near to uni, ensuite rooms, near to GP(Freeman's Common), about 10-15min from Morrisons, 20min from city centre, 2mins from Subway and AJ's.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info HappyParrot! I am just curious why most people chose to stay in the student village instead of city. I hope I made the right choice though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm looking for 2-3 students who want to move in to private accommodation.
    Have found a few nice places close to campus, but I need flat mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSc2014)
    Hi guys I'm looking for 2-3 students who want to move in to private accommodation.
    Have found a few nice places close to campus, but I need flat mates.
    Word of warning, don't use Habitio letting agents!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mun91)
    Thanks for the info HappyParrot! I am just curious why most people chose to stay in the student village instead of city. I hope I made the right choice though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well its where all the freshers are!! Probably the only reason!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hart1995)
    Well its where all the freshers are!! Probably the only reason!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha. It is great to know that. Well, I suppose I am part of them too. A twinning student here.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm going to Leicester this September. And I have a question about Opal Court. what is the difference between Standard+ Ensuite and Premium Ensuite at Opal Court? I read Your Room (types explained) for 2013/14 Session, but I couldn't find any difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jagbee)
    Hello, I'm going to Leicester this September. And I have a question about Opal Court. what is the difference between Standard+ Ensuite and Premium Ensuite at Opal Court? I read Your Room (types explained) for 2013/14 Session, but I couldn't find any difference.
    They will offer exactly the same but Premium will just be a bigger room/ensuite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jagbee)
    Name:  Double_Bedroom.JPG
Views: 1025
Size:  58.6 KB
    Premium Ensuite
    Name:  Single_Bedroom_.JPG
Views: 610
Size:  59.4 KB
    Standard Ensuite

You get a larger table, larger room and double bed for Premium Ensuite
    I can send you some pictures of my room, I'm staying in Premium Ensuite.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone put a picture on of standard ensuite in Beaumont? PLEASEE!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunter_scfc)
    They will offer exactly the same but Premium will just be a bigger room/ensuite.
    Hi, Hunter_scfc. Thank you so much for all this information. Hmmm, Premium will be a just bigger room.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, HappyParrot. Thank you so much for all pictures. Both rooms look nice.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Do you guys know of any cheap temporary accommodation near University of Leicester? My term accommodation in Opal only starts from 29th September onwards. I am expected to be there early September. However, I will arrive earlier than that say, 28th August? Most of the private halls only offered me a stay for about 2 weeks. . I need a temporary accommodation for about 31 days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.