The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by bs_482
Course: NatSci (Biological)
College: King's
Rejection, Pool, Offer: Conditional Offer A*AA (incl. Chemistry)

Any other people with offers from King's?

Yay! Finally found another King's offer holder! I thought I was the only one! Are there any other King's people on here do you know?
Reply 781
Original post by maka9
I do the IB as well :smile: My offer is 777 at HL and 42 pts overall for Law at Magdalene! Another fellow Law Magdalene IB applicant got the same offer. Wasn't expecting the 777!

I know! I was hoping for a 776... xD they are a bit harsh on us IB people aren't they, but hey, at least we have an offer =P
btw good to see another IBer here, and good luck to you :smile:
Reply 782
I have an offer (A*AAA) for philosophy at Magdalene :smile:
Peterhouse
Mathematics
Conditional Offer :smile:

Original post by Andre09
I know! I was hoping for a 776... xD they are a bit harsh on us IB people aren't they, but hey, at least we have an offer =P

Oh, really? :eek: Geez, then I must be really lucky..

I take the IB, and I was predicted something okay-ish, my school told me something along the lines of 38 points.. But my conditional offer does not involve the IB.. I was stumped at first, because I read everywhere that a maths offer typically involves a STEP condition and reaching some number of points.. But my offer only specifies a STEP condition..
Original post by magicalyoghurt
Anyone else worried they won't meet the conditions?!?!? :smile:

So, so worried! And funnily enough, it's not the A* that I'm freaking out about, but the AA. Mocks were pretty atrocious so I'm beginning to think they must have made some sort of mistake in making me an offer :frown:
Reply 785
Original post by Andre09
OMG OFFFFFER FROM EMAIL!!! SO HAPPY!!!!

college:Corpus
Course: natural sciecne
Offer:IB 40 points, 777HL

Hey, I also have an offer (A*AA) for physical Natsci at Corpus! :biggrin:
Reply 786
Original post by Andre09

Good luck to you too :smile: Fingers crossed for the both of us!
Reply 787
Original post by Karvid

Original post by Karvid
College: Churchill
Course: History
Offer: TBA (I got an email confirming my offer, but they have yet to finalize the details), deferred entry for 2012

I can't explain the joy of being able to post in this thread. It's overwhelming right now.

I think there might be a little group of us who got the same offer from Churchill at the exact same time. Have you received the details of the offer yet? I haven't.
Reply 788
Original post by Outglorious
Peterhouse
Mathematics
Conditional Offer :smile:

Oh, really? :eek: Geez, then I must be really lucky..

I take the IB, and I was predicted something okay-ish, my school told me something along the lines of 38 points.. But my conditional offer does not involve the IB.. I was stumped at first, because I read everywhere that a maths offer typically involves a STEP condition and reaching some number of points.. But my offer only specifies a STEP condition..

Wow congrats!! this is new to me, you must did really well on your interview!
Did you aced all the questions? Tell me about it :biggrin:

Congrats again, and good luck with STEP!
Original post by sparxm0nkey

Original post by sparxm0nkey
Ah that's nice, I won't be so alone...What course did you apply for then?

Modern and Medieval Languages (German and Italian).
So excited/freaked out/still can't believe it/worried sh*tless about exams...
track hasn't updated...I'm dreading getting a letter saying 'there's been a mistake'.
Reply 791
Original post by joe17292
Hey, I also have an offer (A*AA) for physical Natsci at Corpus! :biggrin:

Congrats! Finally another corpus’s offer holder for natural science! :biggrin:
Did you interview for physics or chemistry? Mine was chemistry

Btw has your track updated yet?
Destroyed S2, now preparing for Physics Unit 2 Resit!
Reply 793
Original post by Andre09
Congrats! Finally another corpus’s offer holder for natural science! :biggrin:
Did you interview for physics or chemistry? Mine was chemistry

Btw has your track updated yet?

I had a physics interview and my track hasn't updated yet. What about yours?
Reply 794
Original post by joe17292
I had a physics interview and my track hasn't updated yet. What about yours?

same, so its not just me.. haha i was worrying about it
Original post by Andre09
Wow congrats!! this is new to me, you must did really well on your interview!
Did you aced all the questions? Tell me about it :biggrin:

Congrats again, and good luck with STEP!

Thank you! And I mean, I know!! When I didn't see any mention about an IB condition in their letter, I was wild and furious and thought that they made a mistake.. Hm, now that I think about it, I was furious because my offer was "easier" than expected.. xD

Anyways, STEP is still something to worry about.. I have looked up some past exams and it is massacre.. I mean, slowly I managed to do the questions but it took me 3 days of thinking just to finish 6 questions of a past STEP I exam.. How am I supposed to finish 6 questions in 3h? >.< My math teacher calmed me down a bit and told me it's good I managed to do them at all.. that it's just a lack of practice and it'll work out..

About the interview: I don't feel like I "aced" the questions.. I mean I managed to do all of them.. (except for small mistakes like 1-1=2 about every 3mins *facepalm*) But the interviewers were soooo nice! But yeah, in my case I think it was just my attitude.. Ever since I arrived in Cambridge, I was so freakin happy and shining with glee, I felt like I was high.. Ohh, and my interviewers cracked up laughing and told me I have a sing-song voice when I think aloud :colondollar:

Ohh, and good luck to you, too! You do have a rough offer, but I bet you'll kick ass! Just takes the right attitude, maybe so happy that you think you're high :rolleyes:
Reply 796
Original post by Outglorious
Thank you! And I mean, I know!! When I didn't see any mention about an IB condition in their letter, I was wild and furious and thought that they made a mistake.. Hm, now that I think about it, I was furious because my offer was "easier" than expected.. xD

Anyways, STEP is still something to worry about.. I have looked up some past exams and it is massacre.. I mean, slowly I managed to do the questions but it took me 3 days of thinking just to finish 6 questions of a past STEP I exam.. How am I supposed to finish 6 questions in 3h? >.< My math teacher calmed me down a bit and told me it's good I managed to do them at all.. that it's just a lack of practice and it'll work out..

About the interview: I don't feel like I "aced" the questions.. I mean I managed to do all of them.. (except for small mistakes like 1-1=2 about every 3mins *facepalm*) But the interviewers were soooo nice! But yeah, in my case I think it was just my attitude.. Ever since I arrived in Cambridge, I was so freakin happy and shining with glee, I felt like I was high.. Ohh, and my interviewers cracked up laughing and told me I have a sing-song voice when I think aloud :colondollar:

Ohh, and good luck to you, too! You do have a rough offer, but I bet you'll kick ass! Just takes the right attitude, maybe so happy that you think you're high :rolleyes:

haha im loving your attitude! and yeah when i arrived to Cambridge, i was expecting to be very nervous, but no, i was feeling high as well! probably too excited xD

and you a have sing-song voice! it must be very memorable for them hehe! anyways fingers crossed for us :biggrin:
Original post by katey_doodles
So, so worried! And funnily enough, it's not the A* that I'm freaking out about, but the AA. Mocks were pretty atrocious so I'm beginning to think they must have made some sort of mistake in making me an offer :frown:

Aw it's the A* that's panicking me! I need A*AA but they specified the A*as english or drama so now I'm worried cos I thought I could get that in one of my other two subjects!
Ah well, we'll have to see what happens in August lols !
Original post by Karvid
College: Churchill
Course: History
Offer: TBA (I got an email confirming my offer, but they have yet to finalize the details), deferred entry for 2012

I can't explain the joy of being able to post in this thread. It's overwhelming right now.

Congrats! I've barely seen anyone else with offers for 2012, let alone for History! :biggrin:
Reply 799
Original post by Amy Luo
I was pooled by Churchill and i rly wanna know what ive done wrong eventhough Jesus saved me.
Would u mind tell me abt ur UMS? n wats ur offers?

Ya sure.
Phy and maths 297/300 Chem 298/300 bio 294/300 and french 155/200
O levels i got 6A and a B
The offer is A* phy, AA chem and Maths and a in AS FM
I think my interview was not bad, how bout u?
hope that helps fulfill ur curiousity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending