Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Yes I know what you mean gratz on the scholarship! (I was a scholarship boy but only a mere 10%). I am good friends with one of the richies. I wanted to slap him when he said he only had £200 to last him the week. I mean, seriously
    £200 a week, that's like 200 thin or thick crust pizzas from Tesco LOL
    If you eat 5 a day you will last for around 40 days ^^

(PS they are actually really good)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaosu_souzousha)

I'll testify to that, my mates almost always have a constantly-replenished stash of them in our fridge/freezer...

PS// I don't actually eat a lot of supermarket pizza. I'm a masochist who cooks, and washes up after...YAY EFFORT

ReputationRep:

And you can get to die of scurvy too

(Original post by arianex)
    I'll testify to that, my mates almost always have a constantly-replenished stash of them in our fridge/freezer...

PS// I don't actually eat a lot of supermarket pizza. I'm a masochist who cooks, and washes up after...YAY EFFORT
    I approve. I like cooking I have done sunday roasts for the past 2 weeks (normally my flatmate does them but he has exams I was intrusted with the illustrious role )

ReputationRep:
    So I'm sure this has been asked before, but whatever:

If you apply earlier, do you get priority?

I'm thinking not, because it's all done by a computer in September anyway... so as long as you do it by the 29th of July, your chances of getting what you want are the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluesky42)
    So I'm sure this has been asked before, but whatever:

If you apply earlier, do you get priority?

I'm thinking not, because it's all done by a computer in September anyway... so as long as you do it by the 29th of July, your chances of getting what you want are the same?
    Correct. There is no priority. Apart from maybe if you're unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark-Myth)
    Correct. There is no priority. Apart from maybe if you're unconditional.
    Woohoo!!! Best news I've heard all day

ReputationRep:
    anyone know the differences between ensuits and standard rooms?

ReputationRep:

I approve. I like cooking I have done sunday roasts for the past 2 weeks (normally my flatmate does them but he has exams I was intrusted with the illustrious role )
    Mm, Sunday roasts How dedicated. My Caucasian friends seem to find it funny - and ironic - that I'm the only one among them who can cook a full roast, and I'm not even Brit (I'm Malaysian...) How many do you cook for at a time when you do a roast?

Woohoo!!! Best news I've heard all day
    Pretty much, since it would be a bit awkward to prioritize some dude who doesn't make their offer come Sept (even though they handed their app back in milliseconds after their accommodation app email), non?

You're not the first one to have put this Q forward, though. xD How did your IB papers go?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much, since it would be a bit awkward to prioritize some dude who doesn't make their offer come Sept (even though they handed their app back in milliseconds after their accommodation app email), non?

You're not the first one to have put this Q forward, though. xD How did your IB papers go?
    Haha fair point. IB papers were a massive failure, hence my hesitation to apply before results come out!!! Do you do IB too?

ReputationRep:
    Haha fair point. IB papers were a massive failure, hence my hesitation to apply before results come out!!! Do you do IB too?
    Nope, but I know a good few Imperial pre-frosh from the Facebook group who've been buzzing since their papers ended xD (And gloating at the fact I've still got to wait for *my* crunch time. )
    It's A2s for me - 15th-24th June, woot!

ReputationRep:

I cook as well ^^, but always have 3 pizzas in the fridge as well.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but I know a good few Imperial pre-frosh from the Facebook group who've been buzzing since their papers ended xD (And gloating at the fact I've still got to wait for *my* crunch time. )
    It's A2s for me - 15th-24th June, woot!
    Guilty!

Wow, I just went on that facebook group.... it's so weird there are real people on there.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    And you can get to die of scurvy too

lol

As expected from a med. student..... throwing some creepy disease to discourage eating pizza

ReputationRep:
    Guilty!

Wow, I just went on that facebook group.... it's so weird there are real people on there.... :eek:
    Tell me about it! XD I joke, I was already Facebook friends with some of the TSR peeps before the group was set up, so it's not that weird for moi. Do join and say hi, we're a bunch of great peeps! ^^ (Maybe not myself, that's just bigheaded - but I can testify about the others )

lol

As expected from a med. student..... throwing some creepy disease to discourage eating pizza
    Not just them - Food Tech-ers like moi as well
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by pigpigpig)
    anyone know the differences between ensuits and standard rooms?
    Erm....ensuite rooms have an ensuite and standard rooms don't.

With standard rooms you will share bathroom + toilet facilities with several other people.

ReputationRep:
    Guilty!

I know... We don't have the luxury of the veil of anonymity protecting us on the facebook group!

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it! XD I joke, I was already Facebook friends with some of the TSR peeps before the group was set up, so it's not that weird for moi. Do join and say hi, we're a bunch of great peeps! ^^ (Maybe not myself, that's just bigheaded - but I can testify about the others )

Not just them - Food Tech-ers like moi as well
    Anti- Pizza propaganda will not stop us from eating it !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Mm, Sunday roasts How dedicated. My Caucasian friends seem to find it funny - and ironic - that I'm the only one among them who can cook a full roast, and I'm not even Brit (I'm Malaysian...) How many do you cook for at a time when you do a roast?
    Only 3/4

lol

Pizza is good just not everyday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    Erm....ensuite rooms have an ensuite and standard rooms don't.

With standard rooms you will share bathroom + toilet facilities with several other people.
    I didn't reply to this Q because I was wondering if he/she/it (well, the username DOES have 3 little piggies) was for real. o.o I mean, it's in the name, and also on the website...

(Original post by NilDe)
    I know... We don't have the luxury of the veil of anonymity protecting us on the facebook group!
    Surprisingly, there *are* some peeps there who maintain their citizenships from Douchebagistan - whether they have that "luxury" of anonymity (that they had on TSR) or not.

Anti- Pizza propaganda will not stop us from eating it !!!!

Pizza is good just not everyday!
    Chuckle. I'm actually with crazylemon on this one, waaaay too many horror stories about the Freshman 15... xD
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I didn't reply to this Q because I was wondering if he/she/it (well, the username DOES have 3 little piggies) was for real. o.o I mean, it's in the name, and also on the website...
    I just like answering questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.