Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenarems)
    AAA, could be so much worse! You?
    Conditions are pretty standard...I was meaning course and college. I saw you are St. Catz.

Mine is Egyptology and ancient near eastern studies from St Benet's Hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifleman)
    Conditions are pretty standard...I was meaning course and college. I saw you are St. Catz.

Mine is Egyptology and ancient near eastern studies from St Benet's Hall.
    WOAH!!!! Amazzzzzing course!!! Did not see that on the prospectus! Congrats! Biol for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenarems)
    Ahh I'm St Catz too!
    If you go self-catered the kitchens are generally very small, but some rooms have their own fridges (lucky if you get one). Go catered and the food is generally poop
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Oh, Christ Church are eager! I got an email today with the Oxford Bursary information, fee status etc. And also a beast of a letter explaining that once we accept our offers, they will begin to decide what rooms we will have in first year! I suppose I best reply to the offer!
    Lifesaver! This made me go check my email and the ChCh mail had been put in my junk folder :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That's right OCR. How do you get on with it? What is your offer from Oxford?
    My offer is AAA in Chemistry, Physics and Maths, plus I can't drop Further Maths AS
    Looking back on it, I didn't think that the exam itself was terrible. I just ran out of time - there were too many 1 mark questions that took ages and I couldn't do the last question properly because of this....

How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Look at the spoiler in the first post of this thread, there are a couple there
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)

The rail card won't be that useful for many people, especially as we have to completely gut our rooms each term
    Is that a university-wide thing or a college-based one? Of course, now I realise that during the winter break, for instance, the rooms have to be freed for the applicants, but what about easter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salliana23)
    My offer is AAA in Chemistry, Physics and Maths, plus I can't drop Further Maths AS
    Looking back on it, I didn't think that the exam itself was terrible. I just ran out of time - there were too many 1 mark questions that took ages and I couldn't do the last question properly because of this....

How did you find it?
    I think that the exam was quite unconventional comparing to past papers. I screwed up the diagrams and also giving insecure answers to some other questions. Hope the grade boundary is low (very low) for that I just need an A overall for the offer. I must have made an error on my wording in asking what your offer is as what I meant was what subject and college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCarmady)
    Is that a university-wide thing or a college-based one? Of course, now I realise that during the winter break, for instance, the rooms have to be freed for the applicants, but what about easter?
    The rules are made by the Colleges, but most of them require you to clear out during each vacation - reason being that they get a good slice of income from being used as conference venues, so they need the rooms.

Some Colleges however will permit international students to use storage rooms. And I had an arrangement with my scout to allow me to put a few bulky things, properly labelled, in a high cupboard in my room which was unlikely to be in use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaddyD15)
    Hello
    Hi, you Anne's? What for?

ReputationRep:
    I think that the exam was quite unconventional comparing to past papers. I screwed up the diagrams and also giving insecure answers to some other questions. Hope the grade boundary is low (very low) for that I just need an A overall for the offer. I must have made an error on my wording in asking what your offer is as what I meant was what subject and college.
    Oh I misunderstood what you meant - my offer is for Chemistry at University College

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCarmady)
    I'm led to believe rooms need to be emptied totally at the end of each term.
    Depending on what you have, it will probably be infeasible to transport everything by rail.

The rail cards are supposed to be used to go visiting other universities/ getting home if you want to (more viable for people who live near home/ have a lot of free time.) The cards are issued by the Railway (I have no idea what it's actually called not colleges.)

I see an actual Oxford graduate (a Lawyer too has replied to you, so take her information as correct, not mine :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophies4int)
    Hi, you Anne's? What for?
    Yeah, for Economics and Management, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, for Economics and Management, what about you?
    Biological Sciences, Oxford definitely your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y.D)
    Medicine at wadham

Any one else at wadham, or doing medicine??

Medicine at Queen's here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophies4int)
    Biological Sciences, Oxford definitely your firm?
    Yeah probably, what about you? Only doubts are it isn't really university life just work for 3 years. Some conversations in this thread make me want to commit.

Where abouts are you from? Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably, what about you? Only doubts are it isn't really university life just work for 3 years. Some conversations in this thread make me want to commit.

I had to read the last bit 3 times before I realised you weren't referring to Facebook as a place...

The experiences of my Oxbridge-y friends seem to indicate they play pretty hard as well as working

ReputationRep:

i think so, still deciding though for much the same reasons as you. not sure i would love it as much as univeristies but at the moment leaning very much towards oxford.

im from london, you? yeah sure, sophie collis if you want to add me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mastermind_107)
    Not to downplay anyone's achievement, but aren't all Oxford offers only AAA? And if you worked hard for your AS Levels, then surely you only need around a C/low B in your A2 modules to actually get an A overall?
    Not all of us got 90%+ in our AS levels!
    I need a C in economics, but high Bs in English and history.

ReputationRep:
    Totally misread commit as vomit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.