Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooambitious)
    :five: messed up FP3 too, damn it for easy papers. Made silly mistakes on both that and FP2 but FP2 boundaries will lower so it should still get an A* (I think I'm somewhere between 59and 63). I got 100 in S2 though, so I only heed to average 85 in two of FP2/3 and M2, thankfully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I was really annoyed also because I was relying on these two to boost up my low M2 UMS i'm likely to get =/ Our school also took S2, although getting an A my UMS unfortunately wasn't high enough to hold up any mistakes in other papers ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    In 7 i got AC as root(30) (miss typed on calculator hit 1 not 2...) and so got the angle and thus area of the pyramid wrong as a result? would i get follow through? (if so how many could i expect to lose for the original error 1-2?)

for both 4 i got pi/6 and 5pi/6 (missed pi/2) and didn't see it wanted co-ordinates ... lose 3/4?

for 9 again i got the y value y=3 but didn't explicity write the co-ordinates ... lose 1?

also i gave r= (2/3(3.24t+1.8))^2/3 would that lose marks? it didn't say to simplify?

Thanks very much x
    7: lose 2 probably

4: lose 3 probably; 4 would be harsh.

9: If you've not stated x=0 then yes, lose 1

8: should have been r= (3/2(3.24t+1.8))^2/3. If you had this then you shouldn't lose a mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M (jr))
    For what it's worth, I think a lot of A level students would find this a tough paper; I'd expect the grade boundaries to be lower than average.
    On question 7, I put at the start dr/dt= 1/k(R^.5) and so got the overall equation wrong, would I get any method marks or follow through marks for part ii)?

ReputationRep:
    Not as far as I know!! Our M's stand for different surnames
    Oooo cooolio!
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be for an A and B??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

8: should have been r= (3/2(3.24t+1.8))^2/3. If you had this then you shouldn't lose a mark.
    for 4, if I wrote just one coordinates (0.5pi,1) would I lose 1 or 2 marks?
    for the substitution question, if I didn't put x back in, would I lose another mark?

thank you

ReputationRep:

Would you expect that if i lose those marks only it would be above 87 ums?

yeah it was 3/2 i fail at using key boards and calculators... i lost 3 marks in c3 due to a similar error...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePreedy)
    Your pitiful argument to say that because the exam board says it's fair, it must be, is absolutely ludicrous. You obviously haven't taken any exams where you've felt the exam was either ridiculously hard or easy have you? Exam boards make mistakes.

Anyways, I've got revision to do. Cheers for the discussion.
    That's irrelevant. Please do bring this up to OCR, so I can see the outcome. I genuinely want to see this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePreedy)
    Your pitiful argument to say that because the exam board says it's fair, it must be, is absolutely ludicrous. You obviously haven't taken any exams where you've felt the exam was either ridiculously hard or easy have you? Exam boards make mistakes.

Anyways, I've got revision to do. Cheers for the discussion.

nimage do you need some ice because you just got BURNT!

ReputationRep:

do u lose marks for leaving the answer as ln u + 1/u ?

also for the tan 2x one my intergral was -2ln(2-sec^2x) n subbed in limits, but apparently that was wrong, however differentiating it u get the tan2x fraction? and I checked both answers from the calculator and mine is pretty much very close to the required 1/4ln3?

ReputationRep:
    On Question 8 - I subbed in the t value instead of the r value for 1.08=k/sqrtR by mistake (yep -_-). Everything else in my working is correct - how many marks in total for I and II will I lose? Also, 2 of my y co ords for question 4 were incorrect somehow - so how many for that too? Greatly appreciate what you do here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vip3rgt9)
    Just realised that I've made lots of mistakes... Why do I look on TSR after exams?
    This!

Bleurgh...what a tough paper...anyone have any ideas on the grade boundaries? I'm guessing low but not sure :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Great work Benjy100

I've added brief amendments to your solutions in bold below.
    Can you tell me how many marks I've dropped?

7. Used sin(171) to get volume of pyramid = 9.67, because 171 was less accurate than 8.68..

8. Wrote dr/dt=-kroot(r) so wrong answer, method marks?

4. Only got 2 stationary points.

10. Couldn't prove (iii) but got the expansion correct.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if it's already been posted, but is there an unofficial markscheme yet? x

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme :/?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    nimage do you need some ice because you just got BURNT!
    Sorry, are you talking to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maid marian)
    nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I just did lnsec2x, no 1/2.

*sobs*
    i did that too

ReputationRep:
    No, it was ln(u) + (1/u) + c
    Oh yeah that's what I put (I think/hope). That's a huge relief as I thought I'd done it completely wrong. Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    FML, i have lost so much. I though it said directly proportional, not inversely proportional :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banoffeepiee)
    On question 7, I put at the start dr/dt= 1/k(R^.5) and so got the overall equation wrong, would I get any method marks or follow through marks for part ii)?
    Actually, there's nothing wrong with this; your k is just 1/(most other students' k). The equation, although different, will still be correct.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi guys.

Sorry no mark scheme from me tonight - I forgot to collect a paper from our exams office before I came home.

Hopefully someone else can fill the void.

Mr M

Edit: I see Jr is in the house.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.