Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Haha same here. I'm probably going to get my results, go home and sleep for the whole day.
    Me too haha! If my track says I'm in clearing I'm going to cry myself to sleep and not get my results until I know the TV cameras have all left!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    YES! It's back in like 4 days!
    Eee, I know! I can't wait, especially after what happened in the mid-season finale (trying not to give spoilers :lol:)!

ReputationRep:
    :creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie7003)
    I have officially ruined what little remained of my sleeping routine Was staying up to 5am and sleeping to 2pm, I went to sleep at 5am, woke up at half 9 in the morning, kept taking 'naps' all day and now I'm WIDE awake
    The exact same thing happened to me the day before yesterday! I stayed up all night, went to sleep at 4 pm yesterday and woke up about an hour ago. :lol: And my sleeping pattern is mostly fine the rest of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annemariemoore)
    Eee, I know! I can't wait, especially after what happened in the mid-season finale (trying not to give spoilers :lol:)!
    I can't wait either

I'm still trying to work out what possible scenarios could lead to the situation we saw in the season 5 premiere with the flash forward (I'm also trying not to give spoilers )

ReputationRep:
    The exact same thing happened to me the day before yesterday! I stayed up all night, went to sleep at 4 pm yesterday and woke up about an hour ago. :lol: And my sleeping pattern is mostly fine the rest of the year.
    It's terrible Poor us! I can't imagine trying to sleep the night before results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    Its the same here. I feel smart though, I don't think I deserve the grades I get. I always get results that don't show my knowledge my own teacher even said that.
    I'm wanting to be a pilot but I was think university of east anglia wbu?

I just woke from a dream, I dream't that I got a D in my ICT after failing the coursework and then a C in Geography

A huge part of our exams is technique so you can know all the stuff but if you don't fulfil the requirements of the questions you fall short :/ I think this is where I falter most.

Good luck with that, my brother wants to be a pilot too. I've heard good things about UEA. Hopefully, I'll be off to do History at Westminster this september

I've only had one dream and my results were printed on a clay tablet, like something from the Romans hahahah. They were better than expected though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    I can't wait either

I'm still trying to work out what possible scenarios could lead to the situation we saw in the season 5 premiere with the flash forward (I'm also trying not to give spoilers )
    I honestly have no idea! But I'm so excited to find out! I personally think this would have been a better ending (spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched the Breaking Bad midseason finale). :lol:

(Original post by Jessie7003)
    It's terrible Poor us! I can't imagine trying to sleep the night before results
    I know! I think I may just not sleep, log onto Track, get results, come home and crash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I honestly have no idea! But I'm so excited to find out! I personally think this would have been a better ending (spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched the Breaking Bad midseason finale). :lol:

I know! I think I may just not sleep, log onto Track, get results, come home and crash.
    Breaking Bad is so good! I'm not very far in though (only like a series and a half, or two series I think), need to watch some more.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Bad is so good! I'm not very far in though (only like a series and a half, or two series I think), need to watch some more.
    Oh, you're in for some really good episodes! Series 4 was my favourite, they put you through a lot until then. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you're in for some really good episodes! Series 4 was my favourite, they put you through a lot until then. :lol:
    The only thing is that it's quite a slow-moving programme in some ways if you know what I mean

ReputationRep:
    The only thing is that it's quite a slow-moving programme in some ways if you know what I mean
    I definitely know what you mean! But then you've got nail-biting episodes like "Grilled" in the second series, if you've seen that? Really makes up for it! I thought the same, but it picks up quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_lou)
    Wow that sounds good let me know how it goes next week! Really hope you get in! A2 German and Classical Civilisation, need 2A's for my firm (St Andrews) so no pressure haha, I take it your offer is AAA?
    Will do! Ah that sounds really good oh I know that feeling - A's are so stressful! Hope you get in too - let me know Yes unfortunately that is my offer (and I have no insurance because the two offers I got both want AAA! ) But here's hoping! Only a week to go now!

ReputationRep:
    Been up since 5.50 panicking for the big day. I'll be sleeping like a log if I get into uni. If I don't then I'll lose sleep forever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This time next week we'll all be jumping around with joy, or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran1502)
    This time next week we'll all be jumping around with joy, or not
    I'll be cracking open a bottle of champagne or a bottle of vodka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOSS MAN MIKE)
    Did anyone do OCR Maths C1, C2 or M1, Edexcel Biology 6BI01 or 6BI02?

WHAT ARE YOU'RE THOUGHTS?
    I did C2, found it alright the logs question was the only really difficult one but pretty sure I got that in the end. Made a couple of stupid mistakes like when it asked for a positive constant for a in one of the questions i put +/-. Hoping for 90+, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silcce)
    Did you do English Literature and Language??
    Yes I did :-)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.