Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Oh yeah, just did a quick Google, saw this article: http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/27/rene-a...onour-3669113/, obviously take it with a pinch of salt (Metro:rolleyes:) but that's surprisingly cheap. For some reason I thought he was younger than 28, and still at Leverkusen, shows how much I keep up with the Bundesliga nowadays.

However, I'm actively going to be avoiding transfer rumours for us. I mean there's still four games left until the end of the season. This summer is going to be horrible with the rumour mill going into overdrive.
    Arsenal's always like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    other than watching him against man united 2 seasons ago Ive not seen the level of performance which made me think he looks a real player. Still not seen him making many eye of the needle passes or make many long passes across 40 yards consistently. Even though wilshire probably lacks those things atm he still has qualities like being able to beat people and quick exchange of short passes. Rather than ramsey Id prefer to see gnabry getting a few games somewhere on the pitch next season and see how he progresses.
    Right because long passes are how you judge a player....

Gnabry needs to be loaned out imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Yeah I know

Hopefully we'll sign jovetic - he isnt an out and out striker but i think he will suit arsenal well

Adler would be a good signing but I wanted szczesny to be our long term goalie so would prefer an older goalkeeper with plenty to teach and retire after a while when szczesny is ready

I dont know anything about gonalons because I dont watch ligue 1 much although the people on this thread have been saying he's quality

we have also been linked with draxler who I would love
    Of the quality strikers available who could make a difference within Wenger's price range, Jovetic is the man. I really like what he offers. He started his career on the left wing, which for me is a bonus as we haven't had a proper left winger in years, so he could play with Giroud or as the central striker. When playing alongside Giroud, I think his creativity will being Giroud into the game more. This season, and last, he's play in both the 9 and 10 role. His style is similar to Messi in that he's a false 9. (Note I'm not comparing their quality, just their movement on the pitch.) I'm hoping that these rumours are true, kind of like the Podolski rumours last season, but I do believe CL football is a must.

Jovetic could help us challenge for the title next season, but we do need a DM and a keeper, and even then, whilst I think we could challenge, I don't think we'll win. We'd need to bring someone like Lewandowski in as well. We would've have trouble scoring then, and Giroud has proven to be effective off the bench. Unfortunately, Jovetic is likely to be the only striker we sign, unless another youngster is brought in.

For the keeper, I like Szczesny, and I think he still has a lot of talent yet to be realised, but I do believe he needs guidance, so for me, I'd prefer Cesar, Valdes or Casillas, but I wouldn't complain about Adler, but then it annoys me that Wenger didn't go for Lloris last summer.

I'm not as settled on a DM. We have been linked with plenty, but I'm just not sure. I like Capoue, but he seems off to PSG. Lars Bender is another one, but not sure that would happen. I don't know much Gonalons. Then there is always Biglia, who we've been linked with several times. Can only wait and see. If we don't bring someone in, I'd like to see what Vermaelen would do there.

I just hope we get a CL spot and start rebuilding. I hope this summer is a turning point, and whilst it's highly unlikely the additions will win us the PL title, hopefully they could help us bring home the FA Cup! (Prefer that over the League Cup, but either would do.) If it turns out to be a positive summer, hopefully the following year we'll be able to bring the a few more pieces to offer more quality depth that will see is the hunt for the title with a possible win in the 2014-2015 season!

ReputationRep:
    Partly the reason I would welcome song back

The weird thing is that arteta-ramsey has been our best pairing so...
    define 'best'. We're winning games but playing absolutely terribly with these two and all season weve struggled to create chances.

Cazorla, Wilshere are the first two on the team sheet and both play centrally. But so do Ramsey/Arteta. Something's got to give. Ramsey/Arteta both do a very similar job anyway, with Arteta basically being Denilson 2.0, and I'd like to see him replaced with a pure DM.

ReputationRep:
    I think I read somewhere before we were in for gustavo ??? If we could get him it would be a great buy for us IMO

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal's always like that
    True but I think it'll be even worse, talk of this £70m "war chest", players will be moved on, yet another year without a trophy, Tottenham improving, I think all of it will add up to a heightened media frenzy, as well as Gooners getting incredibly caught up in all of it. Reckon I should live under a rock until the season starts:dry:

ReputationRep:
    Right because long passes are how you judge a player....

Gnabry needs to be loaned out imo
    You tell me what you think ramsey has that is going to make him a great player then. I told you he lacks the defence splitting pass, long passing is not great, does not have quick interchanging passing, Amaze me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    define 'best'. We're winning games but playing absolutely terribly with these two and all season weve struggled to create chances.

Cazorla, Wilshere are the first two on the team sheet and both play centrally. But so do Ramsey/Arteta. Something's got to give. Ramsey/Arteta both do a very similar job anyway, with Arteta basically being Denilson 2.0, and I'd like to see him replaced with a pure DM.
    I'd like to see arteta replaced with a true dm too but I'd keep ramsey next him with wilshere pushed up and cazorla shifted to the left. Hopefull cazorla and wilshere can have that connection that cazorla and rosicky have. I think wilshere is too attacking minded to play in that role- It worked with song but hasnt worked with arteta (thats a reason I want song back - his creativity and physicality helps too)

We've benn struggling to create chances all season but the arteta-ramsey partnership has only been made since the tottenham game. So it hasnt affected our attacking play but has definitely helped our defence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    I think I read somewhere before we were in for gustavo ??? If we could get him it would be a great buy for us IMO
    Yeah he would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    True but I think it'll be even worse, talk of this £70m "war chest", players will be moved on, yet another year without a trophy, Tottenham improving, I think all of it will add up to a heightened media frenzy, as well as Gooners getting incredibly caught up in all of it. Reckon I should live under a rock until the season starts:dry:
    You know what - I may join you - It'll stop me getting my hopes up before they come crashing down again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    You tell me what you think ramsey has that is going to make him a great player then. I told you he lacks the defence splitting pass, long passing is not great, does not have quick interchanging passing, Amaze me.
    Incredible work rate and his passing is actually good whether you think so or not

ReputationRep:
    So according to the media we'll have Jovetic, Gonalons, Draxler, Cesc, Gustavo, Lewandowski and Reus in time for next season. Silly season has truly begun.

If I'm being realistic, I don't even think Wenger's going to sign Adler. He's spoken previously about how signing a GK could "kill" Chesney's chances at Arsenal and he does his upmost to protect his players. I don't even think we need that many players. The names thrown around are luxury signings. We need a physical DM and a CF so Gonalons and Jovetic would be perfect. Somebody like Draxler would just be a bonus, and I think clubs with more money will be after him too so it'll be difficult.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you guys need to get rid of Wenger and buy some good players

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    So according to the media we'll have Jovetic, Gonalons, Draxler, Cesc, Gustavo, Lewandowski and Reus in time for next season. Silly season has truly begun.

If I'm being realistic, I don't even think Wenger's going to sign Adler. He's spoken previously about how signing a GK could "kill" Chesney's chances at Arsenal and he does his upmost to protect his players. I don't even think we need that many players. The names thrown around are luxury signings. We need a physical DM and a CF so Gonalons and Jovetic would be perfect. Somebody like Draxler would just be a bonus, and I think clubs with more money will be after him too so it'll be difficult.
    What?!!! Reus to arsenal?!!! I know it's not true but I want that article so I can be in heaven for a while!!!! (By the way, I totally love reus!)

seriously though, draxler has said he wants to develop his game first so he could come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirHas)
    To be honest you guys need to get rid of Wenger and buy some good players

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Errrrr.....

No.

ReputationRep:
    Incredible work rate and his passing is actually good whether you think so or not
    You have basically described Leon Osman there. Reus wont come arsenal he said hes staying at dortmund to sky sports dont get your hope up lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    You have basically described Leon Osman there. Reus wont come arsenal he said hes staying at dortmund to sky sports dont get your hope up lol.
    Can't you tell I was being sarcastic....

Ramsey is 22 - Leon Osman is 31....

ReputationRep:
    Errrrr.....

No.
    Hahahaha.... Okay so another season empty handed???

How many seasons now I'm kinda losing count 7 right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys i can confirm the jovetic 24million Deal is done which will see him earn 100k per week but subject to CL qualification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    Guys i can confirm the jovetic 24million Deal is done which will see him earn 100k per week but subject to CL qualification.
    Hey Arsene, how you doing

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.