Post your unpopular opinions... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    I hate tea, children and dogs.
    SATAN :eek::devil3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    There is no God!
    Yep that's not an opinion, that's a fact. Religious people just show ignorance to reality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabzqt)
    I like how you say it's bland then describe a scene where a cult leader magically performs a cardiectomy with just his hand
    Well it is otherwise pretty boring, the acting is alright, but the writing and script is sub-par. Apart from the ridiculously exaggerated parts like that and the nazi's melting in the first one, the series is tedious. It is only good to laugh at

(Original post by Swanbow)
    Agree with you mostly but how can you call Jurassic Park terrible?
    Same reasons as Indiana Jones, the only reason I believe it got so popular was the use of CGI, as it was relatively new back then. I suppose the whole concept of bringing back dinosaurs is a bit iffy - although it was clever how they did it - and then the idea of: "Oh ****, they got out... 3 times" ._.

Edit: I'm really good at movie-related unpopular opinions - Movies are not an enjoyable use of time.

ReputationRep:
    Not having a boyfriend or girlfriend isn't the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a homosexual male feminist and this has got me banned from any thread about feminism.

It's not easy being an advocate of equality.

ReputationRep:
    Cara Delevingne is not attractive at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunsetRainbow)
    I'm a feminist and I think that women don't have equal rights.
    This may seem like a popular opinion, but apparently I'm the bad person for having this opinion..
    I agree with the concepts of feminism as I am a female myself I can relate to the issue personally, but how are women unequal in our country now? There may just be something I'm unaware of.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, where do I start? I'll go into further detail into any of these if anyone wants me to.

Most drugs should be decriminalised.
    Prostitution should be legalised.
    Too many people on the political left are naive.
    Too many people on the political left need to investigate solutions in an honest and practical manner.
    Too many people on the political right are *****.
    Too many people on the political right are misinformed, ignorant (willing or not) or just generally really stupid.
    The monarchy should be abolished.
    People need to shut up on debates along the lines of 'oh is morality objective or subjective' without doing some research first. It's sort of a false dichotomy, and there are positions you can take that avoid moral realism whilst avoiding subjectivism.
    Winston Churchill was a complete prick.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand drunk people.
    I don't really like chubby babies
    I like nashville and country songs.
    Being skinnier does make u happier

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of the Monarchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Yep that's not an opinion, that's a fact. Religious people just show ignorance to reality
    It annoys me when people don't understand what facts are.
    It's always the people most ignorant of scientific principles who are most certain.

ReputationRep:
    I know most of you won't really get what I'm saying but here goes:

As a Punjabi I increasingly dislike my own people.
    Most are ignorant of their own culture and think it just amounts to getting pissed and generally being *****.
    Punjabi's don't know anything about the art, culture, language, history, philosophy of their own people.
    The fact that most "Sikhs" drink and cut their hair is f***ing retarded. I'm nowhere near perfect but then some of them try to actually justify it!

On a side note,
    It annoys me how polarised my mulsim friends are. Some of them I love like brothers but then at the same time their views are barbaric and backward. I understand their gripe with the US but they're just naive in thinking that the Taliban/Al Qaeda are any better. Oh and it's annoying how many of them are obsessed with converting everybody. Some people just need hobbies.

Anyways, unpopular, but my two cents.

ReputationRep:
    That Michael Gove is a legend. The sheer brilliance of Gove will become obvious once the first cohort of students to be effected by his changes finish their time in education. All of this country's youth illiteracy problems, innumeracy problems and university preparation problems will vanish completely and Gove shall be hailed as the greatest tactician in delivering effective education to have ever been Education Secretary in this country's history. Just wait and watch.

Ofcourse, tragically, like all true geniuses, he will only fully be recognized as a genius (in delivering education) after his death. I suspect he will be knighted before a statue of him is erected outside Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sai4)
    2 of mine:

There isn't a single thing a woman can do that a man can't do better

Humans are not equal
    Give birth? Carry a child for 9 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Inheritance should be capped at around £10,000.
    All private schools closed down.
    The education system reformed to separate more academically able student, from less academically able students. Basically no comprehensive schools. This is one reason why: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ed...s-8656266.html
    Abortion should be banned (with exception to mother's life being at threat, or child's).
    Nationalism shouldn't exist. The creation of Nations has more harm than good.
    The media shouldn't be allowed to target and victimise one group of people (i.e Muslims).
    Groups like the EDL shouldn't exist in the name of 'freedom of expression'.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Aleandcynicism)
    Oh god, where do I start? I'll go into further detail into any of these if anyone wants me to.

Most drugs should be decriminalised.
    Prostitution should be legalised.
    I think if these were to happen, we may not have as many problems - in the sense that you wouldn't have prostitutes hanging around on street corners, etc. and drugs would be safer. (ie, your drugs wouldn't contain some really dangerous ****)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Controversial54)
    It annoys me when people don't understand what facts are.
    It's always the people most ignorant of scientific principles who are most certain.
    I know, when I think about it it's almost comical how much of the human race believe in this imaginary source. It's almost delusional

ReputationRep:
    Poverty is caused by poor people having children they can't afford to raise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I agree with the concepts of feminism as I am a female myself I can relate to the issue personally, but how are women unequal in our country now? There may just be something I'm unaware of.
    I agree to having EQUAL rights but I think you'll find now in the UK that women and ethnic minorities are starting to have more rights than a general British citizen...
    For example if you're offering a job it's perfectly legal to advertise for "women only" or for "blacks only" or even "Indian only" or such... But you're not allowed to advertise for men, white, British, etc.

There's also the fact that things like working mens clubs didn't allow women in unless they're signed in by a friend, but then women protested and now it's not a working mans club... After that te women decided that now they're taking over the clubs they're also gonna protest against the strippers.

The point is that equal rights is perfectly fine... But people go too far and start screwing up the entire system, chaos will come if a balance is not found!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Copied an answer from someone who asked me the same thing.

The basic one is the pay gap - women are paid less than men for jobs they can do JUST as well. So they're not equal already there.

The next thing is sexual assault. Women have to deal with a lot more crap than men do. A lot of women are constantly looking over their shoulder if they're walking alone at night. They have to be conscious over the way they dress, they can't seem too provocative. The whole "well she was asking for it" argument infuriates me to no end.

If a man hits on a woman, they have to be kind and polite to get rid of them. They can't respond aggressively because they're not seen as acting properly. The culture of "boys will be boys" angers me, so they're allowed to hit on women who don't want it.

A lot of rape victims are female (not saying men aren't rape victims but they're fewer in number) and aren't believed.
    The whole "she's a slut for sleeping around but she's frigid for not" also angers me.

It annoys me that whenever women protest about this, a lot of the time they are shut down. Lets not talk about rape jokes hah. That's just..ugh.

The whole perfect body image that the media shove down peoples throats - women get it far worse than men. A lot of the time in the media in regards to famous women and men, women are constantly asked about weight and looks. Men do not get that.

One example is Chris Brown beating Rihanna and still being famous, whereas Kristen Steward cheating with a married man (wrong that is) she has been humiliated more than I thought possible.

More than 1 billion women will be raped or beaten in their lifetimes. Women and girls have their clitorises cut out, acid thrown on them and broken bottles shoved up them as an act of war.

The fact that being called a "pussy" or "don't be such a girl" are insults demonstrates to me how women are still underclassed.

I am not saying all men think like this. It's just the way society has been and it's horrible the amount of women who are suffering around the world. And though it may seem on the surface that we are equal - we're really not. Hopefully, you're not thinking I'm shoving my beliefs down your throat. Again, apologies for the long answer (I think I've rambled too long already)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.