The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I'm probably reading way to much into this but on my UCL portico under 'attended event?' for interview it says 'not yet attended' even though I went to my interview last Wednesday.... should I be worried? :frown:
Reply 781
Original post by Ceryni
My confirmation email (the 2nd one) said I was confirmed for 9:15, which is the arrival time for the talk, so I think that time is a generic one for the entire morning/afternoon sessions!

So are you arriving at 9:15, or at your actual interview time?
Original post by sausagerolled
Why, have you?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooo! I just want to know if there is still hope for me getting an interview, I LOVE UCL!! I think my BMAT may let me down though :frown: :frown:
Original post by ededed123
Noooo! I just want to know if there is still hope for me getting an interview, I LOVE UCL!! I think my BMAT may let me down though :frown: :frown:

What was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Original post by hadiyayayaya
I think someone posted that it was this a bit earlier on:

Good surgeons are encouraged to take on tough cases. The publication of individual surgeons mortality rates will have the opposite effect.

What does this statement mean? Argue to the contrary. To what extent do you think surgeons behaviour should be influenced by league tables?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, someone did but thanks again :smile:
Original post by jared777
Yeah, someone did but thanks again :smile:

my BMAT? 4.7 4.9 2.5A
Reply 786
Original post by ededed123
my BMAT? 4.7 4.9 2.5A

Have you gotten an interview? Your gcses are probably really high!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Does ucl do electives?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Im getting slightly worried. there's a very high possibility that UCL is going to batch reject some of their applicants. March is also not so far.. Any predictions?
Reply 789
I just got an offer from UCL after my interview last Wednesday!! So happy and shocked- 4 rejections last year and now I have an offer from my first choice! I thought the interview went really badly as well! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
Reply 790
Original post by Ke299
I just got an offer from UCL after my interview last Wednesday!! So happy and shocked- 4 rejections last year and now I have an offer from my first choice! I thought the interview went really badly as well! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Well done!!!!!! Maaan that's amazinggg. Did you just get your offer just now?
Reply 791
Original post by Baa
Well done!!!!!! Maaan that's amazinggg. Did you just get your offer just now?

Thank you!! Yeah the email came through at 14:13 and then ucas track email at 14:31!! :biggrin: so excited! Just a shame I have to go to work now :frown:
Reply 792
Original post by Ke299
Thank you!! Yeah the email came through at 14:13 and then ucas track email at 14:31!! :biggrin: so excited! Just a shame I have to go to work now :frown:

Nicee!!
I hope something comes for me... :/ lol
Reply 793
Original post by Baa
Nicee!!
I hope something comes for me... :/ lol

Good luck! :smile: When was your interview?
Reply 794
Original post by Ke299
Good luck! :smile: When was your interview?

Thanks... It was last Tuesday :smile:
I got an offer from UCL :biggrin: I had my interview on the 22nd (Im intl') and I've been waiting for nearly 2 weeks!!

Good luck to everyone and don't lose hope!

My stats are:

GCSE: 10A* 1 A
AS: 97% av
A level: D2 A*A*A*A* predicted
BMAT: 4.5, 6.9, 3A
Hello everyone! Ive got an interview for UCL on the 18th February and I just wanted to know what I can expect at the interview and what I should focus on- if anyone can help I would be delighted. I already know the BMAT essay forms part of the interview, but finding more UCL interview information is proving difficult! :smile::biggrin:
Original post by Nakedferret1108
Hello everyone! Ive got an interview for UCL on the 18th February and I just wanted to know what I can expect at the interview and what I should focus on- if anyone can help I would be delighted. I already know the BMAT essay forms part of the interview, but finding more UCL interview information is proving difficult! :smile::biggrin:

They may or may not ask about the BMAT essay. Personally, I wasn't asked anything about my essay but I've heard a lot of people did.
They asked me the classic medical questions at the start such as why medicine, why UCL and I recommend you to look closely at your personal statement because they'll ask you tons of questions on it!
Reply 798
Roughly what proportion of applicants have they interviewed/called for interview? Also, does everyone who is interviewed receive an email asking about work experience references (I haven't got one, just asking)?
Reply 799
Hi everyone!

Just wondering, I have an interview next week wednesday, UCL are asking for any AS results statements of exams you have taken, does that include jan 2013 AS statement and the june 2013 AS statement?

It's be much appreciated if anyone knows :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending