Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Bristol yesterday (A*AB/AAA), and an offer from Leicester today (unconditional)! My top choice is York though, and they're just so slow I know I only applied eight days ago, but now I have offers I want all of them

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine on Saturday, and got acknowledgements by unis on Monday. But I'm still checking track like every half hour, and reading about people who got offers in two-three days is now freaking me out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people,
    I'm an international applicant for Law(M100) and have applied to KCL, UCL, Bristol, Warwick and Nottingham. I haven't received any offers yet So nervous! Has anyone applied for law or to any of these unis and received an offer?

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off a week ago and I've had no offers yet. A few of my friends who are doing English literature have had offers but sadly my time has not come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGodItsChelsea)
    I sent mine off a week ago and I've had no offers yet. A few of my friends who are doing English literature have had offers but sadly my time has not come!
    I'm the same :-( I've applied for English and History though. Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A rejection. An offer. Both on the same day. Life really is bittersweet, huh?
    But hey ho, I'm happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomS)
    A rejection. An offer. Both on the same day. Life really is bittersweet, huh?
    But hey ho, I'm happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tell us more!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHolubowskyj)
    I've logged into Track so often I've memorised my Personal ID...
    me too!

ReputationRep:
    I waited for over a month for my first offer (Edinburgh) then got my second in the same week (Durham)! So unpredictable.. Never knew track could be an addiction!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanover)
    Tell us more!!
    It was raining. I could hear the whistling of the cold, november breeze as I huddled down deeper into the comforts of my warm duvet. Today would be the 46th day since I had sent off my UCAS application. I was worried. Every time the notification bar on my phone blinked the presence of an email, my heart would jump into my mouth. It was nauseating and I was losing sleep over it. I looked at the time, exactly 9:00 am and huffed a sigh of disdain. If only the admission tutors could just hurry it up and then maybe I would be able to get my head down to revise for my chemistry mock tomorrow. The alarm trilled into life at that moment and I sat up all too quickly and bonked my head on the head board. Cursing, I stumbled out of bed, hitting the snooze button on the clock. There was no running away from it now, it was another day of useless waiting and agonising.
    "SWEETIE! YOU HAVE A LETTER FROM CAMBRIDGE!" Was what I heard when I struggled to tame my bed hair. I dropped my comb, stubbed my toe in my haste to get to livingroom.
    "Show me now!!!" As she handed it over to me, her eyes curious, I could hear my heartbeat getting louder by the second. I gingerly started tearing it apart but then something occurred to me; my college only sent out letters when they were rejecting people. With shaking hands, I went on to open it.
    "I've been rejected, I've been rejected...oh god, mum, I think I've been rejected...!" My eyes wouldn't listen to my instructions as they skimmed over the contents of the letter, 'Through the careful consideration of your application, we regret to inform you...' I stopped reading then. It was enough to understand from those few words that I had indeed been rejected. Handing it over to my mum to finish reading, I walked solemnly back to my room and shut the door.

Later on in the day:

"You sure you're alright, love?" My mum asked, gently. I smiled, inwardly telling myself that I was silly to make her worry. I had known deep down what was coming.
    "Sure, mum, I'm fine. It's not the end of the world, now, is it?" I chuckled. She gave me what seemed like the 100th hug and left, leaving me alone with my chemistry revision. I switched on my tablet and tapped on the tab for UCAS track. Just for the sake of keeping consistent with my obsessive checking, I logged into UCAS after the routine calming breaths. As the familiar page came into view, there was something unfamiliar at the top of the screen. It was a read thumbs up image and right next to it read 'Offers received - University of Surrey (for chemical engineering)'.
    Relief washed over me with a force that made me want to cry again. "Mum! MUM!" I screamed.

A rejection. An offer. Such is life, huh?

Sorry, I was in a creative mood and am trying to put off chemistry revision. Hope that was enough information as well as a good read

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was raining. I could hear the whistling of the cold, november breeze as I huddled down deeper into the comforts of my warm duvet. Today would be the 46th day since I had sent off my UCAS application. I was worried. Every time the notification bar on my phone blinked the presence of an email, my heart would jump into my mouth. It was nauseating and I was losing sleep over it. I looked at the time, exactly 9:00 am and huffed a sigh of disdain. If only the admission tutors could just hurry it up and then maybe I would be able to get my head down to revise for my chemistry mock tomorrow. The alarm trilled into life at that moment and I sat up all too quickly and bonked my head on the head board. Cursing, I stumbled out of bed, hitting the snooze button on the clock. There was no running away from it now, it was another day of useless waiting and agonising.
    "SWEETIE! YOU HAVE A LETTER FROM CAMBRIDGE!" Was what I heard when I struggled to tame my bed hair. I dropped my comb, stubbed my toe in my haste to get to livingroom.
    "Show me now!!!" As she handed it over to me, her eyes curious, I could hear my heartbeat getting louder by the second. I gingerly started tearing it apart but then something occurred to me; my college only sent out letters when they were rejecting people. With shaking hands, I went on to open it.
    "I've been rejected, I've been rejected...oh god, mum, I think I've been rejected...!" My eyes wouldn't listen to my instructions as they skimmed over the contents of the letter, 'Through the careful consideration of your application, we regret to inform you...' I stopped reading then. It was enough to understand from those few words that I had indeed been rejected. Handing it over to my mum to finish reading, I walked solemnly back to my room and shut the door.

Later on in the day:

"You sure you're alright, love?" My mum asked, gently. I smiled, inwardly telling myself that I was silly to make her worry. I had known deep down what was coming.
    "Sure, mum, I'm fine. It's not the end of the world, now, is it?" I chuckled. She gave me what seemed like the 100th hug and left, leaving me alone with my chemistry revision. I switched on my tablet and tapped on the tab for UCAS track. Just for the sake of keeping consistent with my obsessive checking, I logged into UCAS after the routine calming breaths. As the familiar page came into view, there was something unfamiliar at the top of the screen. It was a read thumbs up image and right next to it read 'Offers received - University of Surrey (for chemical engineering)'.
    Relief washed over me with a force that made me want to cry again. "Mum! MUM!" I screamed.

A rejection. An offer. Such is life, huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear..
    I didn't really think you took it literally But wow, that doesn't calm me down at all!!! I'm even more excited now :eek: Just trying to imagine it would happen to me..Anyway, a pretty description

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear..
    I didn't really think you took it literally But wow, that doesn't calm me down at all!!! I'm even more excited now :eek: Just trying to imagine it would happen to me..Anyway, a pretty description
    Haha Sorry! XD I haven't written anything in ages and your words were a trigger for my muse so yeah What made it even more overwhelming was that yesterday I had this feeling that I'd hear from a few unis on the same day and it happened :eek: after 6 weeks of no news!
    May I ask where and what you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to exeter fo one of my choices and I got an acknowledgement email but it said that "all applications received by the UCAS deadline of 15 January 2014
    will receive equal consideration." does that mean I wont get a confirmation/rejection until late January? anyone else aply to exeter?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, do you know when Durham usually responds??

ReputationRep:
    I finally applied today! Now I'm so nervous it's unbelievable!! D: How do you all cope?!?

ReputationRep:
    Haha Sorry! XD I haven't written anything in ages and your words were a trigger for my muse so yeah What made it even more overwhelming was that yesterday I had this feeling that I'd hear from a few unis on the same day and it happened :eek: after 6 weeks of no news!
    May I ask where and what you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't have to apologize that's fine, I would go crazy as well
    I applied for Economics related courses in Manchester, York, Lancaster, Exeter and Birmingham. I sent it off 6 days ago and have only received acknowledgements until now except MAN, they want to have a look at my foreign certificate today (I'm German) so I guess..things are getting pretty serious now Hope to get a reply from them soon YAY..

ReputationRep:
    Sent my UCAS off on the 12th. I've had all of the confirmation emails. Received interview for De Montfort yesterday.... that's all lol!

Anyone else applying for Nursing?

X

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to apologize that's fine, I would go crazy as well
    I applied for Economics related courses in Manchester, York, Lancaster, Exeter and Birmingham. I sent it off 6 days ago and have only received acknowledgements until now except MAN, they want to have a look at my foreign certificate today (I'm German) so I guess..things are getting pretty serious now Hope to get a reply from them soon YAY..
    Oh wow, economics, a pretty competitive subject. Do you have a first choice out of those universities?
    So are you an EU applicant then? (A silly question but I had to ask )
    You will!! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, economics, a pretty competitive subject. Do you have a first choice out of those universities?
    So are you an EU applicant then? (A silly question but I had to ask )
    You will!! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I'm officially considered as an 'EU-student', however, that's pretty much equal to other British students. The application is kinda different though since we have to apply independently. My referee didn't want to provide any predicted grades (that's a shame but normal here) and also the entire module system is different. I prefer not to reveal any 'favourites' cause I'm afraid that Unis may look at this thread I know, that's ridiculous but I'm too paranoid.) HEHE, would you like to tell me yours? ^^

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm officially considered as an 'EU-student', however, that's pretty much equal to other British students. The application is kinda different though since we have to apply independently. My referee didn't want to provide any predicted grades (that's a shame but normal here) and also the entire module system is different. I prefer not to reveal any 'favourites' cause I'm afraid that Unis may look at this thread I know, that's ridiculous but I'm too paranoid.) HEHE, would you like to tell me yours? ^^
    Aww your paranoia is justifiable!
    I have applied to Cambridge (rejected, as you know from my story), Imperial, UCL, Surrey for Chemical Engineering and Computer science at King's as a back up course. It's majority in London because I live here and would love the option of not moving for uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.