Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cp1996)
    Anybody know how long Warwick and UCL take to decide on applications sent around the time of the oxbridge deadline?
    Both usually next year

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how long Warwick and UCL take to decide on applications sent around the time of the oxbridge deadline?
    Dunno about UCL, but it seems like Warwick are first giving out offers to everyone with 4A* predictions. I guess then they'll move on to the rest

ReputationRep:
    I received a Warwick offer for Economics on Oct. 24th. My ucas was sent on Oct.14th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyNow)
    I received a Warwick offer for Economics on Oct. 24th. My ucas was sent on Oct.14th.
    Congrats!!
    What are your stats(GCSE, AS grades, A2 predictions) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Congrats!!
    What are your stats(GCSE, AS grades, A2 predictions) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!
    Since I am an international student, I didn't do GCSE. I've got A*AA in Maths, Economics and Physics. My A2 prediction is A*A*A*A with A in Economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calthedude)
    I applied exactly 2 weeks ago today, was hoping for more earlier but it looks like a theme for eco as plenty of candidates for unis to wait
    I'm still waiting for nottingham :/ when did they give you your offer? And what are your predicted grades and AS's if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    They gave me my offer on friday evening just before Track went down. My GCSE's were 9A*s 1A 1B, my AS's were 4A's and predicted 4A*s in A2 although i've already done A2 maths.

When did you apply?
    Around the same time as you really hoping I get an offer soon:/

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it won't be long . What were your predicted grades etc.?
    Got 4 A's at AS, GCSE- 7a* 5A's, predicted 3A* and an A at a level

ReputationRep:
    You should have no problem then
    Hoping for one soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Dunno about UCL, but it seems like Warwick are first giving out offers to everyone with 4A* predictions. I guess then they'll move on to the rest
    nah, have those predictions and no offer here lol

ReputationRep:
    did anybody else get the ums questionnaire for LSE econ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Yeah I got it a few days after the 2 week email- have you got the 8 week email yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nah, have those predictions and no offer here lol
    Same for me, and I seemed to apply before a lot of these offer holders

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Same for me, and I seemed to apply before a lot of these offer holders

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everyone is in the same boat, and a lot of the offer holders are international applicants anyway so I wouldn't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i applied for straight economics bsc on 15th Oct at Warwick, Queen Mary, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. my predicted grades are A*AA in Politics, maths and economics respectively.

got an offer from manchester fairly quickly. and acknowledgement letters from the rest.

just wondering if anyone has any offers from any of these unis and what their conditions are. i have not seen any comments about queen mary econ on tsr.

the waiting game is driving me mad!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is in the same boat, and a lot of the offer holders are international applicants anyway so I wouldn't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I did see a fair few are internationals, so hopefully I'll find out in the next few months

Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah.97)
    i applied for straight economics bsc on 15th Oct at Warwick, Queen Mary, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. my predicted grades are A*AA in Politics, maths and economics respectively.

got an offer from manchester fairly quickly. and acknowledgement letters from the rest.

just wondering if anyone has any offers from any of these unis and what their conditions are. i have not seen any comments about queen mary econ on tsr.

Hi!
    Did you get an email from leeds business school saying that they try and get decisions done within two weeks? Because I got my offer pretty much 2 weeks to the hour so it could just be that

I've got an aaa offer from leeds, and an a*aa/a*abb offer from Nottingham. The Nottingham one came through 3 weeks after I sent my application

Good luck! I'm sure you'll hear something soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seeing that a lot of people here have applied to Warwick here, thought I'd say I've seen quite a few people say the Economics department at Warwick don't tend to give out offers until next year, so don't worry guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah.97)

I'm guessing Warwick is your top choice amongst those? Then you're pretty much sorted .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.