Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yii Yann)
    What'd people put for the one about cooking food? There were two possible ones, "be grateful that our ancestors learned to cook food" or smth like that, and "cooked food is easier to digest and healthier....blah"

Also the average temperature question in oxford, how'd you do that?
    Put ancestors discovered cooking as main conclusion. Not sure though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I went for 10 minutes early. Can't remember about parcel one.
    also had ten minutes early, caused some irritation with the formulation as a german student, but i was pretty sure and confident with this answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayzeee)
    B was the answer to 50. For the question where a girl has to get to interview or some place, was she 10 minutes early according to the clock or 10 minutes late?

Also, was the total cost of packaging for the letter and parcel one £3.70? I assumed the parcel was within dimensions 1250cm (just using length and width)

Cheers
    50 was the one about kids, senior citizens, adults and the proportion of them buying tickets right?

I put ten mins early, because she wasn't late for her train (watch ten mins early and train ten mins late cancels out), 15 mins late for idk what, then 5 mins late for walking. 20 mins late in total, clock is slower by 30 mins, so "earlier" by 10 mins.

Yeah i got 3.70

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the one about the car and the tuition fees? That one was daft...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    I think the method to do was to write out his name underneath the code he had sent and then to compare it to each of them. I think the "I" in sometime had the same code letter as the "I" in Alistair.
    I thought it said that he didn't necessarily keep them the same. I.e he may change them but there is no guarantee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayzeee)
    B was the answer to 50. For the question where a girl has to get to interview or some place, was she 10 minutes early according to the clock or 10 minutes late?

Also, was the total cost of packaging for the letter and parcel one £3.70? I assumed the parcel was within dimensions 1250cm (just using length and width)

Cheers
    I had that she was on time because it said according to the office clock which was running half an hour slow wasn't it?

And she had accumulated half an hour of delays. I think her watch was meant to be a decoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I thought it said that he didn't necessarily keep them the same. I.e he may change them but there is no guarantee?
    Most probably, would explain why I could only narrow it down to just two!

I was sure it said he always changed every code in every letter though :/ ?

ReputationRep:
    I had that she was on time because it said according to the office clock which was running half an hour slow wasn't it?

And she had accumulated half an hour of delays. I think her watch was meant to be a decoy
    Not a decoy, train was late ten mins "according to her watch", which was ten mins early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelingFear)
    Does anyone remember the one about the car and the tuition fees? That one was daft...
    Was your answer the one that said something like "The cost of a car is irrelevant to the issue of tuition fees"?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the grand parents (2 brothers married 2 sisters) and octahedron (net) question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yii Yann)
    Not a decoy, train was late ten mins "according to her watch", which was ten mins early.
    Ah sh*t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djangoo)
    What did people put for the grand parents (2 brothers married 2 sisters) and octahedron (net) question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the Octahedron I put D which was an educated guess.

ReputationRep:
    Most probably, would explain why I could only narrow it down to just two!

I was sure it said he always changed every code in every letter though :/ ?
    Hey you could be right, just trying to recall my answers/ logic! All I'm glad about is that it's over.

ReputationRep:
    Was your answer the one that said something like "The cost of a car is irrelevant to the issue of tuition fees"?
    Yep, I put that

ReputationRep:
    I put this, would like to verify this though?

ReputationRep:
    Btw, was the speed one 18km/h?

ReputationRep:
    I put that too but I wasn't too confident about it though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djangoo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    12? I drew a makeshift family tree. 8 great-grandparents would usually yield 16 great-greats but you double up twice? That mightn't make sense as an explanation but looked right doing it. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Vaguely familiar with that answer but not sure what the question was. Im just trying to remember as many questions as possible!

ReputationRep:
    I think 36 worked out?

Travels 9 kilometres, so that takes her 15 minutes at 36km/hr.
    She has now cycled for 45 minutes in total and travelled 24km which equates to an average of 32km/hr?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.