Original post by beansontoast92
I called them up this afternoon!

well i must say i feel good if i've gotten this far lol
Original post by Paras Agarwal
well i must say i feel good if i've gotten this far lol

Well same here, just need to be patient for the interview now :smile:
Reply 783
Original post by FeelingDepressed
Don't take it personally, I am applying for radiography only (not medicine), which is also super competative and at several of the open days I went to the admissions staff said they could sniff out someone that didn't want to study radiography passionately very easily, and two actually said to us "please do not apply for radiography if you want to be a doctor but don't think you will make the grade".

You also have to have, and be able to evidence, at least a full days clinical visit in a radiography department.

Yeah, it seems a lot of people actually go for Radiography and there aren't even that many unis that do it, which makes it even more competitive. It's just that I wanted to choose something I could actually see myself doing and I knew it had to be somewhere that I'd be in a hospital environment.
Reply 784
Original post by beansontoast92
I just called them up and they said that people who have met the UKCAT cut off and academic requirements will most likely be called to an interview at some point, and whether you are called now or in february is completely random! Hope this helps calm everyones nerves hahah:smile:

Are the academic requirements just your predicited A level grades and not your achieved grades? Because now I'm worried that this just counts for people with achieved grades :s
Original post by Wbif
Are the academic requirements just your predicited A level grades and not your achieved grades? Because now I'm worried that this just counts for people with achieved grades :s

So it'll include achieved GCSEs (or equivalent) including meeting the min requirements for English, maths and the sciences. Maybe achieved AS grades but I'm not too sure about that.
In regards to a-levels you must be predicted or have achieved a minimum of AAA.
So I'm pretty sure if you've satisfied BOTH the UKCAT and academics you'll get an interview at some point!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 786
just got an offer from st.georges biomed..
Original post by donkhan
just got an offer from st.georges biomed..

I put them as my fifth option aswell... Haven't heard anything yet though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 730 UKCAT and haven't heard anything from them. But to be honest with you, I'm glad I didn't get an interview on the 4th of December like a lot of people on this thread have. I'd hate to have an interview on my birthday!
Original post by PeterEdmunson
I got 730 UKCAT and haven't heard anything from them. But to be honest with you, I'm glad I didn't get an interview on the 4th of December like a lot of people on this thread have. I'd hate to have an interview on my birthday!

An interview is the last thing you'd want on your birthday lol.
Don't worry you'll be fine, it's still early days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hogsmeades
Omg ahhhh people have gotten interviews already??? Any international applicants here? I'm from Singapore!

Can anyone confirm if they have started sending interview offers to international applicants yet?
Also, if there are any current med students reading this page who are in the SGUL international graduate medicine program (MBBS4), please help! I'm an international applicant (Canadian) who would highly appreciate talking to a Canadian or North American student currently in the program. Thanks!
Got an interview for 10th February!!
Original post by MollyMcFly1

Just now??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah congrats!! That's a real nice date, you can prepare :-)

well done! that's a long time away but plenty of time to prepare i suppose!

I hope they're giving more interviews out today then
Interview on the 12th February! Woooooo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medboy100

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats!:biggrin:
Aah congrats all those with interviews!!!

Original post by Medboy100

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! What are your stats please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending