Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got into UOL and Man met but I want to go to uol but don't want to move away from home (Manchester) is there any point in commuting to Liverpool? or does it make more scene getting accommodation, also wanted to know how many days I will be in for at UOL as I know at Manchester met its only three days.

any help/advice would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Omg your in the same situation as me but I'm hands down going LIVERPOOL for the better education and to move out basically if I get the grades man met is just a back up

But you don't sound that bothered about LIVERPOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think accommodation is the correct option...why go through the trouble of commuting and the ridiculousness of the expense that comes with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! can't wait to meet everyone in September

I've found this cool group on Facebook which is for everyone whos going to or has applied for Liverpool in 2015... everyone should 'join' to get involved with the discussion and meet others heading there! The link for it is -

facebook.com/groups/735991326449999

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markhover1)
    Hey everyone! can't wait to meet everyone in September

I've found this cool group on Facebook which is for everyone whos going to or has applied for Liverpool in 2015... everyone should 'join' to get involved with the discussion and meet others heading there! The link for it is -

facebook.com/groups/735991326449999
    Ohh great will do

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, just been given an unconditional for both Law and Law with Criminology, I do have an interest in the Criminology side which is why I chose it, but I don't necessarily want to go into it as a career.

But I'm thinking is having that "with Criminology" tagged onto the end of it, will that limit me at all when it comes to applying for jobs after university? Or would it help, or for what it's worth is it just going to be a lot of extra work for nothing in return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F3MBC)
    Hi all, just been given an unconditional for both Law and Law with Criminology, I do have an interest in the Criminology side which is why I chose it, but I don't necessarily want to go into it as a career.

But I'm thinking is having that "with Criminology" tagged onto the end of it, will that limit me at all when it comes to applying for jobs after university? Or would it help, or for what it's worth is it just going to be a lot of extra work for nothing in return?
    Omgg congrats...what grades did you get??:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samyerson)
    Got an offer Abb for Egyptology
    I know this post is from quite a while ago now, but well done, I'm a 2nd Year Egyptology student if you want any help/ to ask any questions

ReputationRep:
    Course: Genetics
    BTEC grades: D*D*
    Entry requirements: DDD
    Predictions: D*D*D* or D*D*D
    Other choices: Aberdeen, Cardiff, Nottingham (have offers from all)

Would be great to see if anyone else has applied for genetics

Probably going to put Liverpool as my firm but still not sure about my insurance haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraphernelia)
    Course: Genetics
    BTEC grades: D*D*
    Entry requirements: DDD
    Predictions: D*D*D* or D*D*D
    Other choices: Aberdeen, Cardiff, Nottingham (have offers from all)

Would be great to see if anyone else has applied for genetics

Probably going to put Liverpool as my firm but still not sure about my insurance haha!
    I've also applied for genetics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan205)
    I've also applied for genetics

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh hello there Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraphernelia)
    oh hello there Where else have you applied?
    Hey haha, um Nottingham, Exeter , brunel and Birmingham, but Liverpool is firm and Nottingham insurance,you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Received my Offer for Business Management with a year in industry

AS level I got a B in Business, B in Finance and a Distinction in ICT

However my offer is; A in Business, B in Finance and a Distinction in ICT

I'm currently on for a B in Business, B in finance and a Distinction Star in ICT

(i think ill struggle to get an A in Business)

I was just wondering how strict they are with meeting entry requirements, if I was to get a B in business and D* in ICT would they be more lenient ??

If anyone could let me know about the strictness of meeting entry requirements ? It would help massively. Thanks

Liverpool is the only uni I want to go (only one I've been to look around), I have firmed it with Manchester Met as my second choice

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for marketing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconuthead--)
    Omgg congrats...what grades did you get??:yy:Posted from TSR Mobile
    AAA

I actually finished college in 2012, I had three years out learning to fly and just pissing about flying for 3 years, so that's why I got my unconditional so early.

Has anyone had any info sent through the post to them after forming an unconditional from UoL as I've had nothing sent through after firming them on UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone accepted BA Geography and applied for Carnatic halls I've applied for Morton does anyone know what it's like there? As there weren't many pictures and I didn't look round those halls! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by efcwood)
    Received my Offer for Business Management with a year in industry

AS level I got a B in Business, B in Finance and a Distinction in ICT

However my offer is; A in Business, B in Finance and a Distinction in ICT

I'm currently on for a B in Business, B in finance and a Distinction Star in ICT

(i think ill struggle to get an A in Business)

I was just wondering how strict they are with meeting entry requirements, if I was to get a B in business and D* in ICT would they be more lenient ??

If anyone could let me know about the strictness of meeting entry requirements ? It would help massively. Thanks

Liverpool is the only uni I want to go (only one I've been to look around), I have firmed it with Manchester Met as my second choice
    Hello! I'm not sure about how strict Liverpool is on entry requirements, but i'd also like to know due to thinking i might not meet my offer Just thought i'd mention I've applied for Business Management too, with Liverpool firmed and MMU as insurance!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard from UOL about edibility for bursaries and scholarships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F3MBC)
    AAA

I actually finished college in 2012, I had three years out learning to fly and just pissing about flying for 3 years, so that's why I got my unconditional so early.

Has anyone had any info sent through the post to them after forming an unconditional from UoL as I've had nothing sent through after firming them on UCAS?
    Exactly the same boat! I left 6th form last year with 3 A's and deferred entry to this year but since then any information I've needed, I've had to chase up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!!!

is there any postgrads who's going to study petroleum reservoir geoscience ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.