The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omar4
Hey congrats. A question, how long did it take them to send you the offer?

Thank you! and ages, I applied like 20th of November. I think Warwick are known for giving really late offers/replies! Have you applied for law too?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 781
Original post by shann_ng
Thank you! and ages, I applied like 20th of November. I think Warwick are known for giving really late offers/replies! Have you applied for law too?

Whoa, thats too long. Ah no, I applied in MSc Management, 2 days ago lol. Was just wondering how long they take to get back.
Do you have any idea, whether applying now would decrease my chances since many people apply early on.
Original post by omar4
Whoa, thats too long. Ah no, I applied in MSc Management, 2 days ago lol. Was just wondering how long they take to get back.
Do you have any idea, whether applying now would decrease my chances since many people apply early on.

2 days ago?! have you not missed the deadline? and I think it would slightly in all honesty, but in the same sense as Warwick gives out offers really late so it isn't too bad! How come you've only just applied?
Reply 783
2 days ago?! have you not missed the deadline? and I think it would slightly in all honesty, but in the same sense as Warwick gives out offers really late so it isn't too bad! How come you've only just applied?

The deadline for my course is 31st July apparently. I did apply in Canada on time, in January but that was for Aerospace Engineering. Plan changed and I'm going to do Master's in Management so I wasted some time with the applications for Canada.
Original post by omar4
The deadline for my course is 31st July apparently. I did apply in Canada on time, in January but that was for Aerospace Engineering. Plan changed and I'm going to do Master's in Management so I wasted some time with the applications for Canada.

Oh in that case it should be fine then, good luck with your application, hopefully you get in! :smile:
Reply 785
Oh in that case it should be fine then, good luck with your application, hopefully you get in! :smile:

Thank you. If you don't mind me asking, which other universities have you applied to?
Original post by omar4
Thank you. If you don't mind me asking, which other universities have you applied to?

Leeds, Birmingham, Leicester and Kings (but got rejected) what about you? :smile:
Reply 787
Leeds, Birmingham, Leicester and Kings (but got rejected) what about you? :smile:

Ah sorry to hear that but warwick is amazing.
For me, Imperial, Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham.
Reply 788
Original post by omar4
Ah sorry to hear that but warwick is amazing.
For me, Imperial, Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham.

Btw did you have an interview for warwick?
Original post by All Day
One thing to bear in mind is that LSE is definitely more selective. 52% of Warwick applicants get offers, compared to 11% of LSE's.

The university has an overall admit rate of 14.8% in 2013. It must be lower this year, as the number of applicants surges year after year. Of course, the admit rate varies on a program to program.
Original post by omar4
Btw did you have an interview for warwick?

wow some amazing unis then! which is your first choice? :smile: and noo, i don't think Warwick interview for law :smile:
Just got an offer for Law with Social sciences!! :smile: it's definitely my first choice. Does anyone have any idea about what's good accommodation? :smile: I've heard Rootes is really sociable!

I've got an offer for Law and Sociology but emailed them to change to Law and Social Sciences.I'm still waiting to hear back but hopefully see you there.

Also I've heard Rootes is also the most sociable accommodation but not too sure on how I feel about sharing bathrooms.
Reply 792
wow some amazing unis then! which is your first choice? :smile: and noo, i don't think Warwick interview for law :smile:

Yeah, first choice is Warwick.
Reply 793
Any postgraduate applicants for Warwick here?
Reply 794
My friend has recommended Jack Martin, who else is considering it too?
Reply 795
Is anyone else applying for Rootes as first choice? I enjoy going out and drinking and all that so I'm hoping everyone else with the same interests is applying here too?:colondollar:
Original post by LJDRx
Is anyone else applying for Rootes as first choice? I enjoy going out and drinking and all that so I'm hoping everyone else with the same interests is applying here too?:colondollar:

Rootes is my first choice too, don't know if I can cope with sharing a kitchen with 19 people though
Original post by MoSalhi
My friend has recommended Jack Martin, who else is considering it too?

I'm considering it, but ensuite isn't going to be a particularly long lasting luxury so I'm wondering whether or not to bother. It might be wise to save money by choosing elsewhere, especially with this year's price hike. I'm thinking Westwood, to be honest...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by omar4
Any postgraduate applicants for Warwick here?

Me ☺️
Does anyone know when accommodation applications open? (Firmed Warwick for History!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending