Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone mention Keynes in Context 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJM1997)
    Yeah I feel I should've wrote a bit more about how SSP could be used. I did mention tax a bit but not a lot

At least full marks is available without a perfect answer, maybe that applies to the levels as well
    I wrote about how SSP would increase the LRAS leading to AD - short run growth increasing without any inflationary pressure, which wouldnt cause a conflict with employment as the increase in LRAS would create more jobs, keeping it high and inflation low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    the question wasn't asking you how to solve the conflicts my good bro
    It did, however, ask if the UK could continue with sustained economic growth. You could say that it could if there were policies to solve such policy conflicts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al33m)
    Did i do it correct context 2, 25 marker. I talked about the policies such as supply, fiscal and monetary and how it will affect the productivity, growth, BOP and employment?
    As long as the bulk of your answer was on HOW LIKELY it is to achieve growth without conflicts, you should begonegone

Edit: Be fine*

(Original post by Caius Filimon G)
    It did, however, ask if the UK could continue with sustained economic growth. You could say that it could if there were policies to solve such policy conflicts.
    indeed you could, but it wasn't necessary like you first suggested.

ReputationRep:
    An A was 54 marks last year so we should be good, year before was 56 which was the highest I`ve seen and 55 the year before, never in the 60s so about a good 75% would get you an A

ReputationRep:
    As long as the bulk of your answer was on HOW LIKELY it is to achieve growth without conflicts, you should begonegone

Edit: Be fine*
    How about if the bulk of the answer would be what conflicts there would be, and then explaining how those conflicts could be eliminated to allow for continued sustained econ growth? :/

ReputationRep:
    Who else threw in a reference to -0.1% inflation today?

hahah me hope they like the up-to-date references

ReputationRep:
    And with context 2 question 06)?

I just said how in one year there was the most inflation and not so much growth, and that how in another year there was the most econ growth, but not so much inflation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJ yunt)
    For the multiple choice i got: BBADDBBDDADCDCAACCDBBCDD
    found the MCQ harder than in past papers but context 2 was so nice.
    Oh my god, how do can you remember all the answers you put :0

ReputationRep:
    Reece Mcgarry is that you

ReputationRep:
    How about if the bulk of the answer would be what conflicts there would be, and then explaining how those conflicts could be eliminated to allow for continued sustained econ growth? :/
    That's perfect, good evaluative points.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, fair enough.

Likewise, if you have the time to go through this and offer some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated =P Wall of text incoming

Reasons why there'd be conflict: 1) higher econ growth is usually driven by increased aggregate demand in western economies, which tends to cause the current growth to jump over the trend growth leading to a positive output gap which is likely to lead to demand-pull inflation, thus conflicting with inflation policies. (UK's labor productivity had stagnated for years)2) Higher econ growth may be stifled by environmental regulation, so there's a conflict in between keeping people healthy through a decent, non-collapsing environment and keeping companies from relocating abroad wrecking econ growth 3) Wealth redistribution is a policy for some governments, and some may think that such redistribution messed with the incentive to work as hard and be entrepreneurial (so, econ growth). Of course, conflict.
    Reasons why there'd be no conflict: 1) Higher econ growth can remain as sustained growth if the gov employs supply side policies to cause the trend rate growth to stay above the current growth, eliminating or at least post poning the usually inevitable positive output gap that causes the inflation (said that in the extract the UK was thought to be bound to see an increase in labor productivity as investment increased) 2) Regulation on environment could be scrapped in favour of tax and subsidy incentives for companies to be environmentally friendly not causing business to want to relocate and improving the environment, or imposing tariffs to force companies to locate there and put up with the regulation in order to have access to the markets without exorbitant tariffs 3) Wealth redistribution: poorer people consume more of their income, richer people just save more of their income, so overall it can improve the economy my increasing AD.
    Yeah, sounds good to me - you've covered quite a lot of issues and as long as you have the detail in there I can't see why that won't be graded well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BzRMonkeh)
    Reece Mcgarry is that you
    Sorry??

ReputationRep:
    Sorry??
    Ah sorry you have the same initials and year of birth as a friend I know

ReputationRep:
    I did, and it was even slightly relevant! Quite pleased.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, thank you for the feedback!

I'm just extremely worried about the manner in which they mark. It's the first time I dabble with British exams, so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBrns97)
    Anyone mention Keynes in Context 1?
    Mentioned it 12 marker about house prices.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else put the Extract F Line 8 about "unless productivity increases...ect."

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.