Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battenberg123)
    what did people get for the energy released for the question towards the end of c3
    I put 4620 but I used 20°c as the temperature change- I know some people put 14°c as the temperature change so would have got something different!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    I put 4620 but I used 20°c as the temperature change- I know some people put 14°c as the temperature change so would have got something different!
    what did you use for the mass?

ReputationRep:
    what did you use for the mass?
    55, you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    55, you??
    yes same but i used 14 for the temp change

ReputationRep:
    I found C2 so hard - maybe it's just me!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want to make an unofficial mark scheme for the c2 and c3 papers? Please don't ignore

ReputationRep:
    what would be the grade boundaries for c on c2 and c3?
    (yes i know it's a weird question but my goal is c grade on both i'm confident i just got it hopefully and if i don't, my a in the coursework should boost it up)

ReputationRep:
    yes same but i used 14 for the temp change
    Yeah I've seen quite a lot of people use 14°c for the temperature so would have got like 3234J (I think that's what it was)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    Yeah I've seen quite a lot of people use 14°c for the temperature so would have got like 3234J (I think that's what it was)?
    I think that was what i got

ReputationRep:
    what sort of things did people include for the 5 marker in c3?

ReputationRep:
    I am so annoyed I freaked about the empirical formula and for some reason switched the Valencies at the end 😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    that's the answer i got

ReputationRep:
    would you say the papers were harder than other past papers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    C2: 49/60 for A*

C3: 44/60 for A*
    [Praying for low grade boundaries🙏🙏]

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the energy released for the question towards the end of c3
    I think I got 6420 but calculations are my weak weak area so it's almost definitely wrong !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxRAEXx)
    [Praying for low grade boundaries]
    We'll see about that. Chemistry Unit 1 should be easier so it should raise your UMS.

I don't understand why they test you on Units 2 and 3 in Science before Unit 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    We'll see about that. Chemistry Unit 1 should be easier so it should raise your UMS.

I don't understand why they test you on Units 2 and 3 in Science before Unit 1.
    My mum was pretty sure I was lying when I told her it was unit 2 and 3 😂

ReputationRep:
    I did 14x 4.2x 150= 8820 Q but not sure whether 150 was right. As they added 10 then 20 then 30 then 40 then 50 which =150

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths4ever!)
    I did 14x 4.2x 150= 8820 Q but not sure whether 150 was right. As they added 10 then 20 then 30 then 40 then 50 which =150
    what was the units?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    My mum was pretty sure I was lying when I told her it was unit 2 and 3
    Has Unit 2 and Unit 3 always gone before Unit 1 in the timetable in previous years?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.