Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Europa is a trophy at the end of the day, though would be harder to win than when we did. Will be interesting to see what approach AKB will take. The new TV finances kick in next season which you would think would negate the lost money from the Champions League surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Europa is a trophy at the end of the day, though would be harder to win than when we did. Will be interesting to see what approach AKB will take. The new TV finances kick in next season which you would think would negate the lost money from the Champions League surely?
    More than make up for it I think. Even an average payment of the new TV deal would be £81m (they're getting £52.5m currently from the TV deal). Arsenal earned £36.4m from the Champions League last season.

ReputationRep:
    So even if you drop down to the Europa you should go for it. It might mean missing out on the CL but financially it would matter. Reputation wise it may be damaging but United still bought big without it and Ozil joined after 10 years without a single trophy (not even a league cup )

Though no doubt the negative media and social media approach it won't be pretty. But without Sanchez, Kosc and Coq I cant see you even getting a draw away to Olympiacos. They're 10 wins from 19 games atm I think

ReputationRep:
    It's my standard reply to a pillock taking the standard bit of ctrl+c ctrl+v wumming.

Luis would be proud though m8

Oi Lucio lucio.is.btchboy Rk2k14, this geezer's calling you nobs.

#salty

Biggest meltdown since this thread last saturday against West Brom. You never fail to entertain.

x

ReputationRep:
    Olympiakos play in a poverty league though. I'm sure they've won it each of the last several seasons.

ReputationRep:
    So even if you drop down to the Europa you should go for it. It might mean missing out on the CL but financially it would matter. Reputation wise it may be damaging but United still bought big without it and Ozil joined after 10 years without a single trophy (not even a league cup )

Though no doubt the negative media and social media approach it won't be pretty. But without Sanchez, Kosc and Coq I cant see you even getting a draw away to Olympiacos. They're 10 wins from 19 games atm I think
    10 wins in 19 isn't a record to brag about

ReputationRep:
    So instead of the fitting send-off a la Ferguson, Wenger most likely gonna leave acrimoniously a la Benitez and many seasons of being in the wilderness will beckon. The next Liverpool innit?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...alexis-sanchez
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I feel pity for Wenger to some extent, given that he obviously wanted to play Sanchez every game. Who wouldn't? He needs to be a better game manager, though. He could have replaced Sanchez with Campbell on Sunday, you imagine, and given him a little well-earned rest ahead of the crunch CL match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    They're eating it up like an obese person at an all you can eat buffet tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    10 wins in 19 isn't a record to brag about
    Was a typo. Meant 10 from 10.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Olympiakos play in a poverty league though. I'm sure they've won it each of the last several seasons.
    I don't remember them ever NOT winning it. They're just Greece's version of Celtic

ReputationRep:
    Theo back at the weekend

Assume Theo goes RW so Ramsey goes where? Ox probably LW? maybe Flamini/Ramsey CM with Santi out wide.

Going to have to change our system now tbh, just as well tbh as we're flat atm

We're not that short tbh. But the likes of Ramsey/AOC/Santi need to get their act together immediately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I don't remember them ever NOT winning it. They're just Greece's version of Celtic
    Worse even. Since 96/97, Olympiacos have won it 17 out of the 19 seasons (Panathinaikos winning in 03/04 and 09/10). Celtic have won it 11 times over the same period, with Rangers winning it every other season (Rangers have actually been more dominant if you extend it back to 88/89).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Theo back at the weekend

Assume Theo goes RW so Ramsey goes where? Ox probably LW? maybe Flamini/Ramsey CM with Santi out wide.

We're not that short tbh
    Gibbs might be on the left tbh

ReputationRep:
    We'd still finish 4th in the Greek Superleague tbf

ReputationRep:
    Theo back at the weekend

We're not that short tbh. But the likes of Ramsey/AOC/Santi need to get their act together immediately
    Ramsey getting injured would make a Chambers/Flamini midfield. Our 2011/12 squad would suddenly not seem that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Ramsey getting injured would make a Chambers/Flamini midfield. Our 2011/12 squad would suddenly not seem that bad.
    No. Santi/Flamini or even AOC would play

Arsenal fans losing touch with the facts atm

ReputationRep:
    No. Santi/Flamini or even AOC would play

Arsenal fans losing touch with the facts atm
    Santi is injured. Ruled out of the sunderland/olympiakos games and possibly (probably) longer too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Santi is injured. Ruled out of the sunderland/olympiakos games and possibly (probably) longer too.
    Heard it wasnt that bad?

Anyway, he's been poor recently and surely AOC is ahead of Chambers if Rambo goes. Chambers+Flamini will never happen.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.