Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GLYNN98)
    Unprovoked, unnecessary, malicious and just outright nasty! Mathematical ability, grades, degree, they're worth next to nothing if thats how you treat people.
    It's a good thing I don't plan on being a doctor.

I wouldn't want my surgeon to be elbows deep into my stomach if he got less than an A in Core 3 Mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salty carpet)
    What were the limits on the volume one? Like 3 and 1?
    I think 1/3 was one of them. 1 and 1/3 maybe?

ReputationRep:
    1 and 1/3 I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyTaylor1998)
    If you have an offer for medicine you're definitely intelligent so I wouldn't worry too much! Exam boards don't seriously want people to do badly and the grade boundaries will reflect how hard the paper was. Prior performance to this exam is also used to help to get the fairest grade boundaries. So chill out and have fun studying medicine next year!😄
    Damn Molly! :') you are being the ray of hope on this thread! Good on yah!

ReputationRep:
    this paper has risen from the depths of hell written in the blood of Satan himself(((((
    can I just say that this was nothing like any paper I have every done, like a 5 marker for the range?!?!? I get you have to differentiate and work out the max point but we've never done that Oooo and that gg(x) question, good game aqa, very well played, you just ruined the lives of thousands of studenrs, reverse engineering a function, really, like you've ever put that on a past paper GG

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-g...edium=copylink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbecuetime123)
    I agree with all of this
    I also agree but the signs for the inequality are < or equal to and I got -root5 for one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utilitymaker)
    I wouldn't want a doctor who couldn't even get an A in a bog standard core 3 exam.

I sincerely hope you get an A, not for your sake, but for the public.
    hmm because the skills of a doctor are solely based on the ability to integrate a function or solve trig equations? Do you gain satisfaction from condescending others?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by ILuvAipomZ)
    SAME, like with the fractions and stuff the numbers i got are so close but theyre not the same lol ;-; i even think i got the trapezium rule question wrong, wot is lyf
    You know when its a good paper when you get nice looking fractions or integers as answers not 0.319231923239123971293123712931 7239127391

ReputationRep:
    If I remember right, yes.

Quite glad I got an unconditional from the uni I was planning on going to anyways (which was a surprise, considering the uni's requirements were AAB for my subject), though I doubt I'm gonna get a scholarship from them now (it needs AAA), unless I get an A* in either Biology or Chemistry, which I feel is possible looking at how those exams are going for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cascadess)
    Damn Molly! :' you are being the ray of hope on this thread! Good on yah!
    Got to spread a little positivity with all this nastiness! We're all in the same boat and exams are a huge stress on people as it is, no need to make anyone feel worse😄

ReputationRep:
    i posted a mark scheme for the paper

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post65802139

please add on and help me make a proper mark scheme thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utilitymaker;[url="tel:65802035")
    65802035[/url]]It's a good thing I don't plan on being a doctor.

I wouldn't want my surgeon to be elbows deep into my stomach if he got less than an A in Core 3 Mathematics.
    Talk as much shite as you want to, meet face to face and you'll flap arse, type of ****** to fail at life because of the way he treats people, don't rise to this *******, he's not going anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ILuvAipomZ;65799997]OH YEH thats what i meant, jesus xD then i really would have done it wrong lmao[/QUOTe
    don't worry I think everyone found that paper hard, hopefully grade boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyTaylor1998)
    Classical Archaeology and Ancient History. So I guess you could say it's a little strange I take maths as it's not relevant to my course but I've always found it quite easy! I'm hoping this paper doesn't ruin my chances.. What about yourself?
    I'm wanting to do Earth Sciences. It's not strange at all! I mean I do A Level music, which I suppose is similar (in the opposite way) to your situation. Good luck with the rest of your exams!

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-g...edium=copylink

ReputationRep:
    No, but failing to secure an A in this bog standard core 3 exam raises alarm bells about one's intelligence.
    alright mate, not going to get frustrated with you about your opinion, got revision to do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing I don't plan on being a doctor.

erm do you work for aqa or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatherineJohnson)
    I'm wanting to do Earth Sciences. It's not strange at all! I mean I do A Level music, which I suppose is similar (in the opposite way) to your situation. Good luck with the rest of your exams!
    Oh sounds interesting! Sciences were never my field haha. And I think a variety of a levels is always good to show how rounded you are as an individual😄

ReputationRep:
    Ray of delusion you mean :/
    Are you here literally to put people down? Most of us will have tried our hardest, some of us would have struggled under the pressure, both time and exam pressure, some of us may just have not properly revised on of the subjects that came up. That gives you no right to patronise people because you believe you did better than us.

People do not need to be told that they are delusional, not worthy of reaching their dreams of becoming undergrads in medicine, or that they will fail. What people need is to be helped with questions they may have gotten wrong and need to know the answers to, to get a confidence boost after a bad exam to try and do the best they can in Core 4, and with any other help. That's why we're here. So if you don't have anything constructive or helpful to say, why are you saying it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.