(Original post by thomaarrss)
    **** i got 22/233
    I got a number between 8 and 10 but I can't remember what

ReputationRep:
    Got ch3-o-ch2-ch2-coh(ch3)2 same as loads of you

but it's tertiary alcohol so wrong fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scienceman)
    What were the reagents and conditions in the organic synthesis question?
    For the conversion of the haloalkane to the nitrile I put KCN dissolved in ethanol.
    And for the conversion of the nitrile to the amine I put hydrogen with a nickel catalyst.
    Thinks this was the last part of that question 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anno007)
    Step 3 was KCN reflux in ethanol
    LiAl4 in dry ether
    Do you think Ni/H+ in ether will be right as well for step 4?

ReputationRep:
    this threw me as well
    I'm up for complaining, I know that AQA are doing some weird stuff this year because the resort biology paper i did had new spec stuff in it which we had never heard about before, I'm really disappointed!!

ReputationRep:
    My name speaks a thousand words....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    That was horrendous. Did anyone else find that the questions were so awkward?

And there was nothing on equilibria, buffers or not many mechanisms either.

I'm so annoyed.
    Those were the topics I revised loads as well because they were worth loads of marks on previous past paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    Got ch3-o-ch2-ch2-coh(ch3)2 same as loads of you

but it's tertiary alcohol so wrong fml
    Same but I'm hoping some kind marker can understand my doodles so I get method marks!

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the test between the haloalkane and the acyl chloride?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarkey500)
    I got a number between 8 and 10 but I can't remember what
    8.73%?

ReputationRep:
    what did people say for the reactant and conditions of the first part of Q8 to form the alcohol and salt and how to obtain the salt?
    i put conc NaOH then put reflux (literally made this up because had no clue)
    then i put chromatography, idk why this question stumped me so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09aghandhi)
    that sucks mann, i didn't think it was that hard compared to previous years, personally i did quite well(aiming for a*, gotta do well in chem 5 too for that) i think in general there will be fairly high boundries, 2-3 up from last year.
    I'm glad that you did well but it definitely was a hard paper compared to previous years, many people found it hard so the boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    Alright I'm going to throw what I got out there HO-Ch2-C(CH3)2-Ch2-O-Ch3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    That wasn't too bad, just a bit unlike past papers and I was REALLY pushed for time. I finished as she said 'pens down'.

Did anyone else get the rate expression as exactly the same in the question?

Also, what was the reason for lidocaine hydrochloride? I said to prevent the N acting as a base by protonating it and so reduces side effects. I spent about 5 minutes looking for a chiral carbon in that compound to talk about enantiomers, but I couldn't see one!
    I put that Lidocaine is not very soluble (0.4-5mg per ml) whilst the hydrochloride salt is, making it useful for a topical anaesthetic...not sure if I'm right as thats a lot of background knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sani Ej)
    What were the orders of reaction?
    I put: D 1st, E 2nd

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for number of carbon peaks?

ReputationRep:
    how the **** are we supposed to know what a medical suture is?!! now i know its a stitch that can dissolve so i could answer the question but i didn't know that in the exam did i
    it did tell you it was a stitch in the exam RTFQ

ReputationRep:
    Ch3-o-ch2-c(ch3)2-ch2oh ??

ReputationRep:
    ITT: People didn't revise enough so didn't do well then come here to look for other people agreeing with them and say "The grade boundaries will be low"

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 1st and 2nd order for the rate equation question. The numbers were so awkward.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.