Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How hard did you find F211?!
    Hard
    34.29%
    Okay
    52.50%
    Easy
    13.21%

ReputationRep:
    Do you think if you wrote carbon and oxygen for the first question you would lose marks? I know in some of the mark schemes it will only allow the atomic symbol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badhand45)
    Do you think if you wrote carbon and oxygen for the first question you would lose marks? I know in some of the mark schemes it will only allow the atomic symbol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think because it gave you a displayed formula and told you to fill in the gap, you were obliged to give the chemical symbol as opposed to the name. However I'm sure it'd be fine, though surely it's easier to put a C or an O rather than carbon and oxygen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetOverHere)
    I think because it gave you a displayed formula and told you to fill in the gap, you were obliged to give the chemical symbol as opposed to the name. However I'm sure it'd be fine, though surely it's easier to put a C or an O rather than carbon and oxygen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because in some questions it specifically says chemical symbol. Whereas that one just said name the atom or group. So im not sure what it wanted specifically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badhand45)
    Because in some questions it specifically says chemical symbol. Whereas that one just said name the atom or group. So im not sure what it wanted specifically
    Well, I would've thought the chemical symbol would be more appropriate seeing as X, Y and Z were placeholders for carbon, oxygen and hydrogen in a displayed formula.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetOverHere)
    Well, I would've thought the chemical symbol would be more appropriate seeing as X, Y and Z were placeholders for carbon, oxygen and hydrogen in a displayed formula.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well thats what I thought. But said name the atom or atom group. But as it didn't really specify which one it wanted. Least id get one mark for saying OH (hydroxyl) haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any prediction for f214 and f215 ?

ReputationRep:
    got this prediction from student room what do you think ?
    F214:
    Excretion
    - ornithine cycle
    - (possibly) cause of respiratory acidosis
    - detoxification
    - selective reabsorbtion

Photosynthesis
    - experiments (most likely an application question)

Communication
    - maintaining a resting potential
    - local currents
    - myelination (benefits)
    - adrenaline (use of first and second messengers)
    - control of heart rate

Respiration
    - coenzymes (used where)
    - oxidative phosphorylation & evidence for
    - anaerobic respiration
    - respiratory substrates

ReputationRep:
    will the grade boundary for f212 be crazy high this year??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NzUddin)
    Haha, you're welcome!
    And not just yet, still working on them! I'll post them once I'm done with them ^_^
    Hey there! Have you completed your F214 notes by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries prediction?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.