A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016 Watch

Lillah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by keyadeb)
Thank you, you clarified everything
Also, do you think that examiners would reward marks even if i didn't outline the disorder on the evaluation qs?
i did not see a blank space for disorder
If all you forgot was to write the name I doubt they won't count the marks, a lot of people are rushing and probably forgot to put it down
Chicken1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used gottesman and shields for my procedure explanation and then evaluated twin studies, is that correct?
Sallaaaayy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chicken1234)
I used gottesman and shields for my procedure explanation and then evaluated twin studies, is that correct?
yes
Chicken1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sallaaaayy)
yes
Thank God! I've been worrying about that all afternoon
Lillah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tillybikky)
Please help!I was rushed while doing the 18 marker and chose the 9b about the officers. I read the question as using 'psychodynamic' key concepts how can it help. So did my essay on that. I evaluated with biological and learning saying they oversimplified? What do you think I will be capped on?
What psychodynamic concepts did you write about?
TaylorMullaney
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jablonski)
Why wouldn't you do the second essay?? It was a dream! The clinical section was beautiful, although I evaluated interviews as the main research method for Mumford and whitehouse, and someone pointed out its main meas a questionairre. I imagine that if that matters, there's preobably still a 3 mark cap for evaluating a research method, but the wrong one.

The science questions were eh, as was the content analysis, but overall I'm fairly confident I've got my A star. Note to future self that if when the grade boundaries come through its 60/90 for an A star again I've probably certainly got it. Haha thanks student room
What theories did you write about??
laibaahmed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the health contribution could you use aversion therapy as opposed to Frank?
laibaahmed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?
TaylorMullaney
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles66)
oh sugar, im not definitely sure but i thought that it was about psychological theories that could help the officers job :/ tbh those theories still apply so its fine! i did agency theory and social learning theory, im worried that SLT isn't right
Omg thank god I'm not the only one! I did agency theory and social learning theory too, but let's just pray it's right 😭😂
rrayhan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sallaaaayy)
I mentioned soldiers and how they should learn to be good soldiers and effective at their roles (using psychological theory obviously)

was that the right way of doing so?
i did this as well i did sfp and slt, so should be labelled as good soldiers or watch others, is that the correct way ? im terrified
Tillybikky
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lillah)
What psychodynamic concepts did you write about?
Erm free association, gender development (Oedipus and Electra) and personality development. So. Random 😭
EmilyPlatypus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow some people are really confident on how many marks they got, I didn't even have time to count how many I thought I got
I'm just trying to repress this exam now:laugh: Clinical was great but on my issues and debates I didn't finish a lot of questions, I had to rush and move on and leave some unfinished
rrayhan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
could someone please help im currently panicking, i dont think i answered 9b correct, i wrote methods officers could implement to make soldiers better like slt and sfp. is that correct ? if not will i gain any marks at all, because im currently terrified
Julieplec
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EmilyPlatypus)
Wow some people are really confident on how many marks they got, I didn't even have time to count how many I thought I got
I'm just trying to repress this exam now:laugh: Clinical was great but on my issues and debates I didn't finish a lot of questions, I had to rush and move on and leave some unfinished
Which questions did you miss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
EmilyPlatypus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Julieplec)
Which questions did you miss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It wasn't really 'missed' as such, more I started them and needed to move on. I remember my evaluation for the research method for the study only had like 3 points (I think it was a 5 marker?), the compare biological and social as a science only had like 3 points and I think that was a 5 marker too.

I'm not exactly too upset over it because at least I didn't miss out an entire question but I mean if I miss my grade by a couple of UMS I'll be upset hahah but I guess I have till August to find that out
Sallaaaayy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rrayhan)
could someone please help im currently panicking, i dont think i answered 9b correct, i wrote methods officers could implement to make soldiers better like slt and sfp. is that correct ? if not will i gain any marks at all, because im currently terrified
I wrote about how the soldiers should be good at their jobs so i'm not sureee,

I'm scared I've answered the question wrong

Your theories seem fine though
Sophiebarrett
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For Mumford & whitehouse I wrote about interviews instead no idea why, will I get no marks?
Julieplec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EmilyPlatypus)
It wasn't really 'missed' as such, more I started them and needed to move on. I remember my evaluation for the research method for the study only had like 3 points (I think it was a 5 marker?), the compare biological and social as a science only had like 3 points and I think that was a 5 marker too.

I'm not exactly too upset over it because at least I didn't miss out an entire question but I mean if I miss my grade by a couple of UMS I'll be upset hahah but I guess I have till August to find that out
Oh right so at least you've got some marks then and not completely missed them out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Julieplec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sophiebarrett)
For Mumford & whitehouse I wrote about interviews instead no idea why, will I get no marks?
Interviews are a research method, that's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sallaaaayy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Julieplec)
Interviews are a research method, that's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
but the research method for mumford & whitehouse is questionnaires
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise