Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Someone please tell me how to do vectors part c because I'm pretty sure I did it wrong and I don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1TrueMeaning)
    If I could down vote I would.
    your constructive opinion is very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parhomus;[url="tel:65883852")
    65883852[/url]]Can someone tell me the method for the vectors part c question. I used the intersection point and +-1/6 vector AB but now I think I'm wrong.
    That's right I accidentally done 3x AB instead of AB/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph-carys)
    It looked like some people got other values for lambda :/ unless I'm getting confused with questions haha
    Can you remember the question? I could have a go at it to see if we get the same answer

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely what do you think the grade boundaries will be for C3 and C4? I'm hoping for a D 50 UMS in core 3 and an A 80 UMS or a B 70 UMS worst case in core 4 in the hope that I can get 100 in D2 and last year's UMS will push me to an A overall. Don't think I got much more than 40 marks in C3 and 55/60 in C4 quite tragic considering I was initially aiming for an A* and now I'm not even sure if a B is reachable lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Slice of Pi)
    Can you remember the question? I could have a go at it to see if we get the same answer
    I can't, sorry it was involving the intersection of two lines and I can't remember the equations for the two lines

It's okay, I feel reasonably confident I didn't botch this one up

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose for multiplying the length of AB by 3 instead of dividing but doing the rest right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so over it)
    Genuinely what do you think the grade boundaries will be for C3 and C4? I'm hoping for a D 50 UMS in core 3 and an A 80 UMS or a B 70 UMS worst case in core 4 in the hope that I can get 100 in D2 and last year's UMS will push me to an A overall. Don't think I got much more than 40 marks in C3 and 55/60 in C4 quite tragic considering I was initially aiming for an A* and now I'm not even sure if a B is reachable lol.
    I am in a similar position, pretty much every class test I have done resulted in an A*, but now I don't even know. Will your university place be affected?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember the question where you had to find sinA and cosA cause i think quite a few root5's popped up but im not sure....

ReputationRep:
    Someone help me by telling me the method to the part c of vectors tyvm i think i got it wrong :c.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember Q4; the splitting fraction into ax+b+cx^2 etc? I completely messed it up 8 marks down the drain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maj12)
    Anyone remember Q4; the splitting fraction into ax+b+cx^2 etc? I completely messed it up 8 marks down the drain
    I could not do that at all 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parhomus)
    Can someone tell me the method for the vectors part c question. I used the intersection point and +-1/6 vector AB but now I think I'm wrong.
    That's what I did, but I botched the numbers and used the wrong value for AB and got it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joef1337)
    That's what I did, but I botched the numbers and used the wrong value for AB and got it wrong.
    i think AB was like (4,-12,-20) or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else need TWO extra pieces of paper?

ReputationRep:
    Im sure 99.9% of these questions are right in order. Dont ask I have a way of memorising the questions, but if any are off which im sure none are plz note me. Took time to rite it downAttachment 552088552090Attachment 552088552090
    P.S: im sure in the radioactive one, the initial mass had to be shown for 2 marks. In the paralelogram AB was 3 times CD
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parhomus)
    i think AB was like (4,-12,-20) or something like that.
    Yeah but I simplified that as 4(1, -3, -5) and used that for the rest of the question as a direction vector, because multiplying it by a constant doesn't change its direction, but for the last part I forgot to use the "real" AB and instead used my simplified version of (1, -3, -5)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09876543211)
    I am in a similar position, pretty much every class test I have done resulted in an A*, but now I don't even know. Will your university place be affected?
    It's awful isn't it I never thought I'd be praying for a D grade in a real exam I like to think that there's still a chance of getting an A but then again I don't want to get my hopes up. My insurance will accept me with a B but nonetheless it's heartbreaking to know that that grade isn't a true reflection of my abilities. How about yours? Hopefully it all turns out okay for us!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the e^(2-6t) questions and what it asked and stuff? I'm trying to explain to my friend but I can't temper thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joef1337)
    Yeah but I simplified that as 4(1, -3, -5) and used that for the rest of the question as a direction vector, because multiplying it by a constant doesn't change its direction, but for the last part I forgot to use the "real" AB and instead used my simplified version of (1, -3, -5)
    Basically I did the (2,0,-1) +-1/6(4,-12,-20) to get C and D.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.